Zenkaiger 18 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:20 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
63%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 18 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4 of 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Love connection

lol, zyuran on gaoon, when you realize what's going on

Kaito will remain a virgin forever

Vroom, you're a car. Why do you need to drive a car

Magine cries cogs...

Wow, three lady couplings and two male Kikainoids. I guess that's progress for Toei.

Oh hi, Stacee. That was quite the entrance

Isn't Love is Over the game over screen for Catherine?

What was that mini skit? I feel like it's a reference to something

That was a funny ass episode, probably the best so far this series. It actually makes me regret that we're not doing Zenkaiger for this one episode
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Zenkaiger 18 discussion thread

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:20 pm
Magine cries cogs...

Isn't Love is Over the game over screen for Catherine?
Vroom also cries cogs so it's definitely a Kikaniod thing. Love is Over is from Catherine but it's not the same style in the game.

Zyuran and Gaon being super friendly to each other was great. Flint once again joins in the henshin sequence with helping Magine and even takes part of the pose.

I never expect they did a callback to the wedding at the end of Jetman except Romance World allowed people to watch him die on the bench with a burnt rose acting as a cigar.

Yatsude is making Kaito to pay Stacee's sundae even though he wasn't around when Stacee appeared.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I never expect they did a callback to the wedding at the end of Jetman except Romance World allowed people to watch him die on the bench with a burnt rose acting as a cigar.

What a long sequence for something kids probably haven't seen

>Yatsude is making Kaito to pay Stacee's sundae even though he wasn't around when Stacee appeared.

I think t h at's proof that Yatsude knows more than she's letting on. That said, where did Stacee get money from?
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

Funnist episode yet! xD

My favorite part was the Jetman tribute, I haven't watched it yet, but I know it from Gokaiger.

IIRC, at the end of the episode where Stacee appears for the first time as Satoshi, Kaito said he would pay next time.

Maybe Tojitendo have fake money, in Zi-O Geiz and Tsukuyomi also printed money from the period of time they were.

What are your theories on Stacee?

I think that Kaito's parents are also Stacee's and they created Gege as a guardian for him, the same way Secchan is for Kaito. I think it's both and not only the mother, because Kaito's father is son of Yatsude, so it wouldn't make sense to Stacee's mother to look like Yatsude. Or in a parallel universe Yatsude gave birth to a girl instead and she would look like her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I feel like Stacee is going to be Kaito's brother, although they're hinting at it so hard that maybe it's misdirection
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:05 pm I feel like Stacee is going to be Kaito's brother, although they're hinting at it so hard that maybe it's misdirection
The only way it would even work is by doubling-down on something stupid. Kaito's parents have only been missing a decade.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

yeah the ending of jetman had a wedding, in which the loser of the season long love triangle dies on a bench. i guess they used this for jetman as its a pretty notable scene, and many mothers mails and called toei to bring Gai back to life as he was something of the female fan favorite. (this is loosely recalled btw) no other sentai series had Drama like Jetman.

maybe Stacy's mother looks like Kaito's? but if they have the same mo then that sucks for Kaito, as Stacy mentioned his mom had past(?) but his father has like 400 wives so who knows? maybe its a Fiveman reference in which they thought their parents were dead but learned they were alive when their power up robo appeared.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, if it's any help, the actress who plays Stacee's mother is different from Kaito's parents. So there's that... But that's using outsider knowledge
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

The best I can come up with is: Stacee is a hybrid between a Kikanoid and a human, meaning that he could age faster and maintain his adult form for longer. Maybe his mother is not related to Kaito and the similarities to Yatsude are more a symbolism. For example, in Ex-Aid, it was being hinted that Poppy looked similarly to Kuroto's mother, but in the V-Cinemas his mother was a totally different actress.

Maybe Stacee's mother was a friend of Kaito's parents who worked with them when they were investigating their parallel universes theory and they were encountered by the Tojitendo, Barashitara took a look at Stacee's mother and made her his wife. That would explain the different actress and why there were five Geartlinger, the original would have been five scientists but they left them for another reason.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I now feel bad thinking that Kamen Rider had way too much homoerotic subtext.

I was rolling of the floor the entire episode.

Fitting that the MOTW power was used against them in the giant form finale.

If Flint does not eventually get a henshin then they are wasting WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much foreshadowing. I hope the form is something that Flint would have come up with, not something stupid.

If they had wanted to use Sailor Moon references, the MOTW could have thrown a red rose at a love-love couple and had the rose turn black to cause the romance to turn dark. It was funny that Kaito reacted to a thrown rose like it was one of Tuxedo Kamen's.

Was Zox a member of his high school's host club before he became a pirate? Nice aftereffect of the slap, though.

Why would a giant form MOTW want a harem ending?

Did they chicken out instead of doing a Kaito/Stacy ship?

Interesting that they have now used sunset imagery twice in two different ways (once for the Megazord Samurai fight, here for the tragic romance).
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

TajadorCombo wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:30 pm The best I can come up with is: Stacee is a hybrid between a Kikanoid and a human, meaning that he could age faster and maintain his adult form for longer. Maybe his mother is not related to Kaito and the similarities to Yatsude are more a symbolism. For example, in Ex-Aid, it was being hinted that Poppy looked similarly to Kuroto's mother, but in the V-Cinemas his mother was a totally different actress.

Maybe Stacee's mother was a friend of Kaito's parents who worked with them when they were investigating their parallel universes theory and they were encountered by the Tojitendo, Barashitara took a look at Stacee's mother and made her his wife. That would explain the different actress and why there were five Geartlinger, the original would have been five scientists but they left them for another reason.
Stacee is half human, but whatever that 1 general is, hes half that

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”