Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Saber 47 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:55 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:18 pm Speaking of which, what happened to main writer Fukuda Takurou? After episode 31, he wrote the 42-43 arc but that was it. Was he Hibikied? He only wrote 14 episodes and the movie
Doesn't the main writer basically always write the finale? I'd say it's very damning that Fukuda didn't write this one. I just can't imagine that was part of Toei's original plan, especially given what happened with Ghost.
Obviously it's not a law or anything, but it seems weird if you're a "main writer" and you don't finish your story.

Let's take Kobayashi Yasuko for comparison:
2000 Mirai Sentai TimeRanger Wrote 40 of 50 episodes.
2003 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Live Action Wrote all 49 episodes.
2007 Kamen Rider Den-O Wrote 45 of 49 episodes.
2009 Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Wrote 42 of 49 episodes.
2012 Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters Wrote 36 of 50 episodes.
2014 Zero -Black Blood- Wrote 6 of 6 episodes.
2014 Ressha Sentai Toqger Wrote 36 of 47 episodes as well as the movie.

So she doesn't write every episode (but it's still a lot) but she definitely wrote the first few and the last few. It'd be like going "I'm gonna get this story started, but Hank, I think you should close it out for me. Thanks, bye"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:13 am
ViRGE wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:55 pm Doesn't the main writer basically always write the finale? I'd say it's very damning that Fukuda didn't write this one. I just can't imagine that was part of Toei's original plan, especially given what happened with Ghost.
Obviously it's not a law or anything, but it seems weird if you're a "main writer" and you don't finish your story.

Let's take Kobayashi Yasuko for comparison:
2000 Mirai Sentai TimeRanger Wrote 40 of 50 episodes.
2003 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Live Action Wrote all 49 episodes.
2007 Kamen Rider Den-O Wrote 45 of 49 episodes.
2009 Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Wrote 42 of 49 episodes.
2012 Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters Wrote 36 of 50 episodes.
2014 Zero -Black Blood- Wrote 6 of 6 episodes.
2014 Ressha Sentai Toqger Wrote 36 of 47 episodes as well as the movie.

So she doesn't write every episode (but it's still a lot) but she definitely wrote the first few and the last few. It'd be like going "I'm gonna get this story started, but Hank, I think you should close it out for me. Thanks, bye"
Precisely. So I think your original question - did he get Hibikied? - is a good one to ask. Either he got pulled, or he ghosted the production again. Neither are good looks. Neither produces a good product.

In either case, it raises the question of whether Fukuda should even be a main series writer. I have nothing against the guy, but from an outside point of view, his track record is not a good one. :|
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's for the best? Like some of my favorite moments from Saber happened after Fukuda stopped being so active. Like the siblings and Ren stopped being characters that just spouted one-line catchphrases. Even the phoenix guy from the movie becomes just a bit more interesting. It can't turn the tide of the river, but the last third of the series feels a lot stronger than the first 2/3rds
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Hey, no poll for the final episode?
And the finale. It was good. It was very Saber-like. The fights and CGI were really good. The story was alright. So much optimism and very hopeful.
Also, Mei was great in this episode, loved that.
But, way too many loud name callings. "Luna!" "Touma!" "Kento!" "Rintarou!"...... That was annoying. And they kept repeating some lines over and over. Literally every single main cast member of Saber said "Could this be...?" at the end when Touma came to the human world. Makes you think that the writers couldn't find enough decent dialogues for this episode.
So the souls of all the dead people in Saber are in the new Wonder World now? Hmmm...
And Touma prefers to live in human world rather than in the Wonder World with Luna? Cuz throughout the whole season I kinda thought that he would prefer to be with Luna instead of with his other friends....

It's nice that they have an epilogue episode. It's very fitting for Saber with the "the story isn't over yet" kinda thing. Also lol to the fact that it's been a year since Rintarou said that he had something to tell Mei, but still hasn't told her that he likes her. 😝 I thought they're already dating or something since he was at that press conference.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Apparently the giant books in the base were real books
Wow, I totally DID NOT notice that. Those are some interesting life-size books.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Luna's floating too? This finale is full of unintentionally hilarious scenes
Ha! True. I was laughing at so many scenes but I'm pretty sure they weren't all intended to be funny. That was strange.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Luna was the sephiroth book all along???
Which Sephiroth book? You mean the main book, the book of omniscience?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Why is the guy named Storious saying stories have no meaning? Was that what this apocalypse was about? If so, I missed that
Ah, the plot holes and unsolved mysteries in Saber... I stopped caring about those long ago. I realized when watching this episode that I don't even remember why Storius wants to destroy the world in the first place.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Whelp, looks like Kento was right all along
I thought it was quite obvious that saving the world would require Touma to die. Wasn't it?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm My girlfriend is a book
You mean Touma's girlfriend, right?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm What are you doing here Master Logos. The three guys are here too? But why?
Maybe somehow their souls became good after they died, back to the way they were when they initially found the Wonder World?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Wait, they went to all that trouble and they didn't even restore all the lost people?
Cool, at least the people returned. But why a year later? This isn't the snap
I knew that they won't actually kill them off and will revive them even if they died. It was weird that they were brought back a year later, but it's possible that this might have something to do with Touma's new novel. Like they all came back when Touma finished writing his new novel and he came back to the human world too. So maybe it was like after he finished what he had kept undone, all of the people are brought back? I don't get how the reappearance and Touma's novel are related, but it's just my theory based on what I saw. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I was still weirded out that this was so similar to Avengers endgame.... Like they all blipped... 😆😆
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Oh Yuuri's alive again. Guess that wasn't a real sacrifice
So glad to see him back. He's my favorite character after all.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 pm Heh, did they just create Touma's fantasy landscape from his store into the new Wonder World
That was nice. That place that he was hanging out in replaced the house that Viktor was in previously.

And Saber is the first Kamen Rider season that I have finished watching. Turned out to be quite different than expected. Maybe pretty underwhelming too. It was mostly meh for me. I would say it has some things about it that is different from the usual Rider seasons, which I appreciate, since I don't exactly like how Rider seasons are done. But I didn't like Saber either. :| :| :|
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It had a poll, but it disappeared when I combined threads. It's up now, so go vote
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the ending felt very evangelion, i kinda wished he got to "get the girl" but she is part of the old world, along with the Meggido and master logos ... and was that the phoenix blade guy?

i liked that the final book was almighty, a guy on twitter felt thats what cross saber should have been called. i think the reason they were in their default suits was symbolism of the 3 and how they started together, but, also in the opening and ending, they are always shown together.

the shindai siblings not having anything to say when the almighty book opened was fine, they werent even really Touma's friends to be honest, and when we saw them rushing in to see if touma had come back i kind of wondered why they were there to begin with. like when did Touma and the siblings become friends? hell, they are better friends with the Zenkaigers that they were with their own team, Shinken Sentai Saberangers!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

midorininger wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:41 pm the shindai siblings not having anything to say when the almighty book opened was fine, they werent even really Touma's friends to be honest, and when we saw them rushing in to see if touma had come back i kind of wondered why they were there to begin with. like when did Touma and the siblings become friends? hell, they are better friends with the Zenkaigers that they were with their own team, Shinken Sentai Saberangers!
Wow! I didn't notice that. They really aren't Touma's friends after all. And it's weird that they became friends with the Zenkaigers in an episode, but couldn't be friends with Touma's gang during half of the season's duration. I'm thinking it could be because the Zenkaigers helped Durendal get his sister back, and Reika fought with Majinu, the only girl in the Zenkaiger team? And these events were more significant than the events that happened between the siblings and Touma's gang? Hmm.... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤔🤔🤔
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Somewhat satisfying finale (with the obligatory weird moments), but I think it would've been better if Touma returned not in this episode but the next (special) one

Touma immediately regaining consciousness after getting lifted up by that book seemed dumb, or did he not lose consciousness in the first place?
Apparent dumbf**kery
I'm kind of convinced that Luna's actress actually turned transparent in the scenes where she was disappearing
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:52 pm All good points. I think I give Saber a bit of a higher grade since A) I don't have to translate it anymore B) I had lowered expectations from the start. Was it Saber the series that I really was impressed with for a month before it kind of fell back to being on the mediocre side?

Overall the weak writing is its undoing. There's no stakes and none of the good guys lose or sacrifice anything. Even with Touma's fate and stuff, he just comes back and hangs out with his buds. What did it even mean to fight fate?
thanks for all your work for the subs earlier
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

MaxHazard wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:13 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:52 pm All good points. I think I give Saber a bit of a higher grade since A) I don't have to translate it anymore B) I had lowered expectations from the start. Was it Saber the series that I really was impressed with for a month before it kind of fell back to being on the mediocre side?

Overall the weak writing is its undoing. There's no stakes and none of the good guys lose or sacrifice anything. Even with Touma's fate and stuff, he just comes back and hangs out with his buds. What did it even mean to fight fate?
thanks for all your work for the subs earlier
No problem! Thanks to you too for watching. It's always nice to be appreciated
Willisjames318
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Power Rangers & Masked Rider!

Post by Willisjames318 »

I know because I found something. If Kamen Rider Saber Episodes 1-35? But we need is 36-48 at Nyaa.si or The Internet Archive! Also leave it to Anon. Tell it to Justice Cofield18.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”