Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 47 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

3.9 / 5 stars (10 votes)

lol that close up on Ren's face

Touma being dragged out of the pit by a book is pretty hilarious too. Did they lose the wig that kid had before? It's not like Touma would have died, clearly fall damage is turned off in Kamen Rider world

No effect for Yuuri's light?

Apparently the giant books in the base were real books

Luna's floating too? This finale is full of unintentionally hilarious scenes

Luna was the sephiroth book all along???

The floating Saber letters is cool

Why is the guy named Storious saying stories have no meaning? Was that what this apocalypse was about? If so, I missed that

But seriously, is Luna the Book of All Knowledge and Power? Or did Storious get the knowledge (Grimoire) half and Touma got the power part (Almighty)?

Oh no, the nothingness will get them!

Whelp, looks like Kento was right all along

My girlfriend is a book

Kento is looking good

Wait, they went to all that trouble and they didn't even restore all the lost people?

I like Kento taking over Touma's book store

Mei's doing a great job with this speech

Heh, did they just create Touma's fantasy landscape from his store into the new Wonder World

Oh Yuuri's alive again. Guess that wasn't a real sacrifice

Cool, at least the people returned. But why a year later? This isn't the snap

What the fuck are you doing here Master Logos. The three guys are here too? But why?

That's a pretty satisfying ending. It makes sense that they wouldn't truly kill any of these characters or anything, that would have been like Build and its weird dark turns that didn't fit. Saber had some good moments and I think ended up more fun than its nonsensical plot had detractors.
MaxHazard
Infinity

Re: KR Saber 47 discussion thread

Post by MaxHazard »

there is a humagear next to Rintaro during Mei's speech
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Wow that's a real blink and you miss it moment. Good catch! My time stamps are no good since I have commercials in my video, but it happens when Yuki appears and all the phones are going off. The Humagear is on the right side answering his phone
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

KR Saber 46 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Found out what airs on August 29.
https://tokusatsunetwork.com/2021/08/ka ... announced/

Moved to episode 47 thread since it'd make more sense there
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Saber 46 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

Oh goody, it's the obligatory crossover episode where they put as little effort as possible into connecting the worlds!
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 46 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

I get the idea behind Almighty, I personally don't like, but why did Blades and Espada didn't use their powered up forms?

When Touma opens Almighty they show everyone with a little quote except the Shindai siblings, I guess "oniisama" and "don't anger me" weren't good enough, or they're dead.

So, everything was undone, even Yuuri's death.

Mei's boss was not part of the people who disappeared, she's connected to Wonderworld, but they never implied they were getting a different fate than the rest of the world.

So, being the guardian of Wonderworld does not come with any drawbacks, you can still visit your friends and interact with them.

From what I gather from the ghosts, being dead just makes you a good person. I don't even remember Bahato becoming good and I'm unsure if that Master Logos is the first one or Isaac.

I cannot say I didn't expect this, but the execution still doesn't make it for me. They want me to care about the sacrifices these people do, just to immediately undo them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, the Humagear is played by writer Hasegawa Keiichi who ended up writing 19 episodes for the sreies...

Speaking of which, what happened to main writer Fukuda Takurou? After episode 31, he wrote the 42-43 arc but that was it. Was he Hibikied? He only wrote 14 episodes and the movie
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Gee, you mean the writer of Ghost who fucked off for half the series fucked off for half of the series? If only someone had seen this coming!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh? Lemme look

Looks like he wrote the following, it's about 22 episodes so about half. That's pretty normal since even main writers don't tend to write all the episodes in a series. He still did 5 episodes post episode 30 and that includes the last arc
1-5, 7-8, 11-12, 15-16, 19-20, 23, 27-28, 39-40, 47-50
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Fukuda went to do Saber x Ghost and then Blades x Specter. He might be secretly doing an official Saber movie for the winter too.
Dellorandsupersentaj
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
My boom: Taiwanese, japanese, and (south) korean snacks, shows, pop music, and cultures (i like those things from taiwan, japan, and south korea
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

I cant wait to see this episode.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

It could have been a decent ending if they didn't make Touma return right away.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Well that is it. At the end Saber was a barely "ok" show had a lot of potential but like I said before after 20 years of watching similar stories is hard to come out with something original.

Now the best and the bad from saber...

The best

- The suits: Calibur, Elemental Dragon, Cross Saber and many other looked really good. They are making the suits look better some parts like the lion or dragon head look bad but they are minor details.

- Touma: The lead actor was good even when the character was not the best in my opinion and the "promise" thing as annoying at some point. Not sure why they insist in the actors using 3XL clothes on skinny guys. That looks very bad.

- Mei: Beautiful girl and good actress. Her character started as a stupid girl that acted like an anime girl but got better at the end.

- Good special effects: At the beginning the CGI was pretty bad to be honest but it gets better. The Elemental Dragon arc have some cool special effects.

The bad

- The villains: All of them were bad even Jin from Amazons and that is hard to believe when you know how good this guy was on Amazons. The boy band, Master logos, Phoenix Jin... all were really bad characters.

- The weapons: They looked absolutely ridiculous. They were using basically the same freaking toys that they want to sell to the Japanese kids. The pink sword of the sound guy was the worst for sure. The really need to stop using these freaking toys and make the weapons looks better. The suits were ok but not the weapons.

- Boring characters: Ren was a jobber the entire show and didn't got a proper upgrade, Rintaro was crying halve of the show and in the end didn't told Mei anything, the sound guy was annoying with his creepy actions, Buster was a "ok" father but also fell into the background and never got an upgrade, they make Sophia kamen rider calibur just to make her useful because she is without a doubt the most boring character in the entire kamen rider story and is she didn't turned into calibur would have been the most useless too.

- Meh final fight: Another "Lets just beat the final boss using the initial forms! fucks all those upgrades made just to sell toys" but again its hard to pull out something original or different after 20 years of doing these shows.

This had potential to be the "Ryuki" of the reiwa era but end up being just "ok". I will give it a 5/10
Last edited by Kurow on Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

All good points. I think I give Saber a bit of a higher grade since A) I don't have to translate it anymore B) I had lowered expectations from the start. Was it Saber the series that I really was impressed with for a month before it kind of fell back to being on the mediocre side?

Overall the weak writing is its undoing. There's no stakes and none of the good guys lose or sacrifice anything. Even with Touma's fate and stuff, he just comes back and hangs out with his buds. What did it even mean to fight fate?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:18 pm Speaking of which, what happened to main writer Fukuda Takurou? After episode 31, he wrote the 42-43 arc but that was it. Was he Hibikied? He only wrote 14 episodes and the movie
Doesn't the main writer basically always write the finale? I'd say it's very damning that Fukuda didn't write this one. I just can't imagine that was part of Toei's original plan, especially given what happened with Ghost.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”