Yodonna 2 discussion thread

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Yodonna 2 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next ?

RIP human shield guy. (CGI inferior to squibs)

Oh, bye Kamio. It's always good seeing you!

Oh Kai's back (from Den-O). Kind of ironic considering how both his character and Yodonna can't recognize emotions

How have I not noticed the Yodom mark on Yodonna's cape before? Guess we don't see that angle very often

Can we quickly talk about Kakihara's extremely wide face? It works with the way they style her hair, but sometimes I wonder what it'd look like otherwise. It's kind of a baby face

Oh, red and yellow are here. Are they just playing Pacman?

Weird that red holds up the pinky to mean "promises" since that's uaully a sly way of signaling "girlfriend" in Japanese

Just Kakihara for the ending dance?

I hope the other Kiramagers appear if there's a Yodonna 3

All in all, a fun two-parter (so far). Simple but solid premise. Great action and ummm, knees and thighs as expected from Sakamoto. Gotta love guys like Kamio and Shimazu and Ishiguro acting as over the top villains. If we don't get Kiramager returns, then this was a real treat to get instead!
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Yodonna 2 discussion thread

Post by msf232 »

So... will we really get another part? Because this was AWESOME
Koichi Sakamoto really brings action to a whole new level

Many people were hoping for a redemption arc for Yodonna in the show. I guess this counts somewhat...?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. Has anyone heard if a part 3 is coming? I certainly would welcome more
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Now that I've had a chance to see both parts, I feel like they did a disservice splitting this up. Even though they filmed an intro for the second part, the way the acts were organized makes it pretty obvious it was supposed to be a single, one-hour film to start with. So the back-half gets all the payoff, but it doesn't get some of the clever gags like the first part. It ends up being more serious overall.

Still, it was entertaining. And a good follow-up to part 1. I don't think there were any surprises here - it was clearly setting up Yodonna to have a heel-face-turn about stealing Kakihara's life - but it executed on that well. And Chekhov's Whip made its much-expected appearance.

Despite being the climax of the film, I thought it interesting that this half didn't go for a big set piece fight in the same way that the first episode did in the maid cafe. The fighting is all very good (it's Sakamoto, after all), but sans the explosions, it's a bit more down to earth and mano-a-mano. Otherwise, the actresses once more got in on a fair bit of the fighting, which is always fun to watch.:)

Though is it me, or is this episode edited just a bit more conservatively? There was still plenty of bone breaking, but there weren't any shots to the balls, the use of physical blood was minimized, and they outright censored the one explicit panty shot they couldn't just cut out entirely. Especially compared to the first episode and the maid cafe fight, it feels like there was an explicit effort to rein in on the explicitness, despite the parental warning.

Anyhow, Yodonna was easily the best thing to be added to Kiramager over its run (and that this point, the best face villainess since Mele, I'd argue). So I'm glad the character (and her actress) are getting some focus to make up for the fact that she was a mid-season addition. This movie has been really fun, and I hope that great stinger at the end with Tametomo comes to fruition. Clearly this film has been received well (judging by the in-person premiere event they had for this episode), so there's a ton more fun that could be had there.
takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:44 pm RIP human shield guy. (CGI inferior to squibs)
Agreed. Though I'm glad they at least kept the poor mook who kept spitting up blood, completing the rule of three.
Can we quickly talk about Kakihara's extremely wide face? It works with the way they style her hair, but sometimes I wonder what it'd look like otherwise. It's kind of a baby face
Yes, she does have kind of a wide face. But they make it work.
Oh, red and yellow are here. Are they just playing Pacman?
They've apparently been playing Pac-Man for the last 6 hours (how long it takes the life-transfer device to do its thing)
Just Kakihara for the ending dance?
I had the same thought. It's kind of weird that the star of the movie - and the character it's named after - isn't in the ED. Perhaps they had to change it out in order to make the open-ended finale work?
I hope the other Kiramagers appear if there's a Yodonna 3
Tametomo, Sayo, and Yodonna, please!
msf232 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:07 am Many people were hoping for a redemption arc for Yodonna in the show. I guess this counts somewhat...?
I'd count it. She hasn't made up for all the evil she's done in the series, but at least she's now on the path to becoming a better person.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:12 am
msf232 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:07 am Many people were hoping for a redemption arc for Yodonna in the show. I guess this counts somewhat...?
I'd count it. She hasn't made up for all the evil she's done in the series, but at least she's now on the path to becoming a better person.
So don't try to be a better person or anything. Just try to learn 4-5 emotions and you'll get infinite lives
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:26 am
ViRGE wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:12 am I'd count it. She hasn't made up for all the evil she's done in the series, but at least she's now on the path to becoming a better person.
So don't try to be a better person or anything. Just try to learn 4-5 emotions and you'll get infinite lives
Well I think the idea is that, having grown to become an emotional being, Yodonna is finally understanding the pain that she previously caused.

Though yes, getting another life just for learning some emotions is a pretty good deal. :lol:
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

This just shows how high quality Sentai can be if they want it to be. On one hand I want to see Yodonna 3, on the other I don't want to see Tametomo defile her.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Post by SilverFire »

I jumped for joy when Yodonna sparkled and said "I'll protect Kakihara" because that is the beginning of Kirame Yodanna.
I hope the Zenkaiger Vs Kiramager movie follows up with this and doesn't pull any none sense with her character. Also Stinger, my man...Ultraman Orb was slashed in the stomach don't bother arresting him haha.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I have to say, I'm surprised this episode hasn't garnered more feedback. For as well-received as Kiramager was, this is a short thread.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe it's just less to discuss? The second episode is a bit more plot light than the first

I was googling yesterday to see if there's any official word on Yodonna 3, and Nashiko herself said "look forward to Yodonna 3" the day 2 was released. So hopefully more coming?
https://twitter.com/nashiko_cos/status/ ... 5762084873
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I dunno, that could be translated as "I hope there's a 3", so maybe it's not actually confirmed yet.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Post by SilverFire »

During the "teaser promos" for this Juuryu and Tam boy say "Watch the special and I wonder who will get a special next." Yellow them grins like a idiot and smiles. So maybe 3 could happen? I hope. I'm really hoping the Vs movie follows up with this and doesn't revert her character.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

They're making a Yodonna 3?!

http://lp.tokusatsu-fc.jp/news/3114946b1

http://lp.tokusatsu-fc.jp/news/31294c4db

Apparently I'm 2 months late in finding out this news. Why the hell didn't anyone say anything?! This is the best news I've heard all month! :lol:

I had given up on a third part after one wasn't announced by the summer of 2022.
Last edited by ViRGE on Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I only found out when they announced something on their youtube site a couple weeks ago. Toei kept it real close to the vest lol

I too had given up
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh that totally slipped by me. Niiice, can't wait to see more Yodonna

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”