Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Fontaine 02 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's poll: 3.75 of 5 (4 votes)

LOL, why did all the students run in like that?

"Clearly this Sherlock costume will make me inconspicuous"

Is it suddenly night?

The emperor himself is here? What pacing!

Didn't enjoy this one as much as the first episode, but the hair cut monster having Wolverine claws was interesting

Preview:
The sister is suddenly able to transform too?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Fontaine 02 released

Post by msf232 »

My, that weapon is... blunt

Wait, I thought the doctor was not actually a doctor...? I thought he was the villain himself. And now they show they he was just possessed or something?

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but the main actress does seem pretty enough to me (even if her acting is horrendous)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Haha, get a magical girl wand and use it as a club

I think it's the Sailor Moon trope where people get possessed and turn into monsters

I wonder if they'll ever do a straight up Sailor Moon parody
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if the director of this series is a fan of Tonde Burin (since parfait is mentioned in the ending song).

While the actress (or stunt girl) can kick up a storm, her punches and forearm strikes look pathetic. She'd be better off just pushing the enemy to set up a kick.

It was not a good idea for her to have a normal volume conversation with the plushy six inches from the door where she just shoved her family out of.

While this could be a clever way for Giga to publicize their pr0n movies, mahou shoujo shows suffer I feel by a short running time. The whole idea of these shows is to have the heroine fight monsters of the week, each one relating to some troupe, as a way to develop the heroine's character. To have her save the day and defeat evil in just four episodes is kind of flat. We all know she will win in the end (unless its a pr0n episode) so no one really watches to see if she will defeat evil, they watch to see if she will score a hot boyfriend, become an idol, survive the antics of her rival in school, or other such things that are important to young Japanese girls.

As for the lead not being able to act, I would give her a Mulligan on that. After all, "normal" reactions are not easy to judge when you are dealing with situations that do not occur in real life. I thought she did okay with normal stuff. Her dad chews the scenery with his acting and that's not hyperbole.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:54 pm
"Clearly this Sherlock costume will make me inconspicuous"
Right out of the Poitrine playbook (although the playbook was common with magical girl shows going back decades before Poitrine).
takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:23 am Haha, get a magical girl wand and use it as a club

I think it's the Sailor Moon trope where people get possessed and turn into monsters

I wonder if they'll ever do a straight up Sailor Moon parody
Give a magical girl a hammer and suddenly all enemies will look to her like nails.

It is a Sailor Moon troupe that the monsters are transformed humans, but this began around the middle of the first season and was not used in every season.

As for a Senshi parody, considering their catalog it is baffling that they bothered with anything else! Maybe it has to do with having multiple actresses who are able to henshin. Should all of them be JAV girls? Should a couple of them be JAV and the rest be regular actresses? Would regular actresses feel comfortable doing something like this?

Return to “Giga Tokusatsu”