Like Garo... but with more boobs
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: Cutie Honey - Age Rating?

Post by Silentwolfdog »

If you are really young or uncomfortable, just don't watch it. No one's forcing you.

There's no harm into waiting few more years.

Female fans, do you feel offended by the series? I know I am not. If most of them aren't either then the series can't be that bad.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Some females might be offended, but like you said, no one's forcing them to watch it.
pinchekame
7X
Favorite series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele
Favorite Band: Doco

Post by pinchekame »

I always found it funny when people get offended by things, especially over ridiculous things.

Shows are just entertainment. If you don't like it, don't watch...there is no need to get in a fuss over it.

But in reference to cutie honey...there is not too particulary degrading in it. Also teaches some lessons...see ep. 19 :o
ynn3k
7X

Post by ynn3k »

hmm... females offended? by what exactly? the only thing thats possibly controversial is the fact that Honey is a total ditz. But shes not playing the stereotype for a typical female in Japan nor a female in any part of the world.... shes just ditsy because shes Honey!
Wyvern
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Wyvern »

Trying to catch up with this series..

The only thing that is really uncomfortable, to me, with this series is Mayumi taking advantage with the girls at the school. Another one is that they showed a student wanting her to do this to her but Mayumi refuses to after her confrontation with Miki.

Mayumi (Erika) can really sing though. 8)
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

It seems like the violence/ gore is taking over the nudity and sexualised content later on in the series, though only at this point have naked henshins become more clear >> Early on it was more simple groping/ fanservice shots, etc., and of course there's the thing with the eggs... But they do blur out the girls' actual 'bits'.

Pretty much an adult/ older teen thing yeah, but I'm afraid to show this at the anime & manga society- great plot, funny, good action sure, but... Well, the eggy thing is what really makes it questionable. Not sure how the rules would apply to the blurred out nudity too.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Either they're adults, or they're not. They can tolerate brief "blurred" nudity, or they can hide their eyes.

Why not just ask them? Explain to them the "bad" parts of the show, and see if they'd consider it anyway? Nothing can go wrong from asking atleast.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Out of everything, why the egg thing? It's certainly gross, to be sure, but is it more psychologically scarring than the graphic violence or the sexual content in the show? I'm just curious
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Skinwalker »

Well, it's not that they're not adults, it's about the rules. The society meetings are held in a university lecture room, in which computer network access is monitored. We're not allowed to show hentai full stop, obviously (not that we would), but nudity in artistic (i.e. Elfen Lied) is okay. However, the chairman gets uncomfortable when one particularly crazy member starts wikiing inappropriate things.
Last year the chair got a message from the administrator for showing a video, something about mickey mouse terrorist propaganda for kids or something.
They're alright with showing things like He is My Master and Elfen Lied (the former being comedic, the latter being artistic and dramatic), but they've never shown a live action series before, so I don't know how they'd feel about it, and the egg thing could be pretty distressing to the non-regulars.
The basic rule when choosing series is to show the first episode anyway, and I don't think the first episode of Cutie Honey paints a good picture of the whole series.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

That's lame. Besides why not burn them to DVDs so you don't have to download/stream them? Then you can play them in a computer or in a dvd player or something--but not have to worried about what they see you doing on the net. And again, EXPLAIN that to the group about the show's more "adult" or "gross" points.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Skinwalker »

I will be putting them on DVD, whether I show it or not. As for explaining, when you're talking about a lesbian teacher who spits raw egg at her students they tend not to hear you saying that aside from that the series has an excellent story. And I have a kind of speech impediment so I can't explain things well in groups. ><
Wyvern
7X

Post by Wyvern »

The basic rule when choosing series is to show the first episode anyway, and I don't think the first episode of Cutie Honey paints a good picture of the whole series
Usually one would go with the first three episodes to test if they like a series. :|
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>As for explaining, when you're talking about a lesbian teacher who spits r aw egg at her students they tend not to hear you saying that aside from that the series has an excellent story.

LOL. I just think that's funny when it could be the gratuitous nudity in episode 1, the gambling, the violence, the teacher on student relationships, that it's the eggs that make it to the top of the list XD Let's face it, the egg thing was just disgusting XD
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Really? That eggs stuff bother you guys that much? lol I wonder why...?

Only thing that bother me the most, is not nude or eggs stuff, but Nakajou so randomly sudden acting as a girl. That's too much for me. That sort of thing that can give me nightmare for days. :P

But I got to admit, he's one freakin' good actor.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Wyvern
7X

Post by Wyvern »

He acts and even looks like a girl so well to, now that's freaky.

makes you sort of miss him as serious normal Nakajou.

Return to “Cutie Honey”