Kamen Rider Revice 25 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:50 am

★★★★★
50%
★★★★
25%
★★★
25%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 25 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.43 of 5 stars (7 votes)

What is that ugly Revice form in the Super Hero Time promo?

Disappointed that Vail isn't Bael...

Why is Oltec taking orders from that weirdo

What's Karizaki jr up to? I thought Ikki and Vice are good. Oh he was born to be a mad scientist

Oh right, the Ikki/Vice situation

Vail has a cool voice

Why's Aguillera suddenly care about people? She didn't before

"Our fans are starting to include older men. How can we appeal to them?" "Let's have the dad transform" And thus ossan rider was born

Hmmm, not quite the Kabuto I was hoping for heh

Again why does anyone trust Olteca?

Vail's suit design is interesting, but I don't love that orangish brown color. Demons was cooler

What? Boo-san is in on it too? And why can't he tell them what he knows? Stop raising new mysteries and questions, this isn't Lost

Oooh, that's why he's named Genta. Nothing subtle about this stuff lol (gen/moto means "source" in Japanese)

The big twist is that the siblings have devil DNA in them? I mean I guess? I feel like this might have been stronger as a premise to start the show, but I dunno

Oh, and don't stand next to Giff's coffin, I guess? Did they need to fill 5 seconds of the episode?

I wonder how many photos and drawings they get regularly. Just two group of showings this week?

KR Vail had a cool introduction. Didn't find the twist all that shocking or satisfying. Who did KR Vail fight against when he was a Kamen Rider? I kind of wonder if Vice just acts like a dumbass to protect Ikki. Was it Karizaki's dad's idea to make a weird Rider system based on stamps and ink? Maybe it's a cultural thing, but stamps aren't that cool to me
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 25 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

How old is Ikki? Because if that flashback is before Sakura was born, he looks way too old there. The fire thing in general seems like it should have been mentioned before.

You know George, it's hard to take this serious story you're telling seriously when you keep referring to your father as "Daddy".
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I laugh every time he says it. Da-duh
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amDisappointed that Vail isn't Bael...
same.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amWhy is Oltec taking orders from that weirdo
he's the old dude that recruited him into Deadmans, right?
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amVail has a cool voice
That's the Japanese voice for Seto Kaiba, for anyone curious. he was also the giraffe in Revue Starlight, and he shows up in a bunch of other stuff, too, including that CGI Ultraman cartoon Netflix did a while back.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amWhy's Aguillera suddenly care about people? She didn't before
the implication I've been getting, between this and her wanting Julio/Tamaki to be kept safe is that her attitude has been changing ever since she got betrayed that first time and was told she was actually going to be a sacrifice to Gifu rather than his bride, and she empathizes with people a bit more now.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amThe big twist is that the siblings have devil DNA in them? I mean I guess? I feel like this might have been stronger as a premise to start the show, but I dunno
I like the twist, ngl. up to this point, we thought anyone could've been a rider if they just had the strength of will to control their inner demons, and it's just that circumstances kept leading to this one family getting belts while Hiromi's having an external demon inside it was a surprise, but now we're finding out that's not the case, and that explains why Hiromi couldn't use the Revice driver in episode 1, and why Daiji was selected in the first place.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amOh, and don't stand next to Giff's coffin, I guess? Did they need to fill 5 seconds of the episode?
I think that was to show that Gifu is becoming WAY more active, if it can just reach out and absorb people now, rather than needing to absorb fallen demons.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amWas it Karizaki's dad's idea to make a weird Rider system based on stamps and ink? Maybe it's a cultural thing, but stamps aren't that cool to me
he was designing it based on the Gifu stamp, right? that's probably why he made it the way it is?

other note: I laughed my ass off when it showed babby George experimenting on some rock as a kid and they had the little kid say "goddamn"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:24 am How old is Ikki? Because if that flashback is before Sakura was born, he looks way too old there. The fire thing in general seems like it should have been mentioned before.
It's not listed on the asahi page, but his actor is 23 and Sakura's actress is 19, if that rough guideline helps
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:33 am
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amDisappointed that Vail isn't Bael...
same.
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/rider/vail/
It's like, Toei, please get someone to consult with when doing these names. All your other stuff is based on real words that reference something in the real world, Demons, Evil, Live, Jeanne. Bael would reference an actual demon name and go along with the Demons Driver theme. But his name is Vail?! It's not even a real word! Stop naming a character then having their Rider name be that character's name, is the most creatively bankrupt thing!

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/rider ... stand.html
The other thing that pisses me off is that the official name for Revice's evil form is Jack Form. But it's Jakku, the Japanese word for evil... Call it a word in English or don't use Japanese, but don't change a Japanese word into Jack, that's a dude's name! It's dumb beyond belief

>he's the old dude that recruited him into Deadmans, right?

I guess, but Oltec is a dick. He's totally going to betray gloves man (I forget his name) at some point
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 amVail has a cool voice
That's the Japanese voice for Seto Kaiba, for anyone curious.[/quote]

Oh that's rad! Thanks for letting me know that

>her attitude has been changing ever since she got betrayed that first time and was told she was actually going to be a sacrifice to Gifu rather than his bride, and she empathizes with people a bit more now.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for explaining that.

>I think that was to show that Gifu is becoming WAY more active, if it can just reach out and absorb people now, rather than needing to absorb fallen demons.

But in the last 5 seconds of the episode? I'm not even sure if I'll remember this moment next week and I'm willing to bet that they won't even reference this moment. "Hey has anyone seen Sarah around? No? Maybe she just quit after cleaning the demon coffin. No one check the security camera footage"

>other note: I laughed my ass off when it showed babby George experimenting on some rock as a kid and they had the little kid say "goddamn"

That made me laugh too. Karizaki isn't my favorite character but he has his moments
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 amhttps://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/rider ... stand.html
The other thing that pisses me off is that the official name for Revice's evil form is Jack Form. But it's Jakku, the Japanese word for evil... Call it a word in English or don't use Japanese, but don't change a Japanese word into Jack, that's a dude's name! It's dumb beyond belief
oh, I never even considered Jakku, actually. when I first saw the katakana for the set, I read it as Jack Revice, and assumed it was because the first time they used it, and based on all preview information up until it actually happened and Vice turned out to still be a good guy, the implication seemed to be that Vice pulled a Kagerou and took over Ikki's body intentionally, meaning it was a forced possession. or, in other words, he was hi-jack-ing Ikki's body.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:55 pm
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 amhttps://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/rider ... stand.html
oh, I never even considered Jakku, actually. when I first saw the katakana for the set, I read it as Jack Revice, and assumed it was because the first time they used it, and based on all preview information up until it actually happened and Vice turned out to still be a good guy, the implication seemed to be that Vice pulled a Kagerou and took over Ikki's body intentionally, meaning it was a forced possession. or, in other words, he was hi-jack-ing Ikki's body.
Oh maybe. Thouser does have all those moves called Jacking Break where he steals the other character's powers

Don't really see a description on tv-asahi or the wiki that says either way. Also just noticed that the word Jack or Jakku doesn't appear anywhere in the episode dialogue. So bizarre
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I was under the assumption that his name is spelled Veil. It makes more sense because a) it's an actual thing and b) it's an anagram of evil/live.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:05 pmDon't really see a description on tv-asahi or the wiki that says either way. Also just noticed that the word Jack or Jakku doesn't appear anywhere in the episode dialogue. So bizarre
yeah, so far I've only seen it names in the opening credits, magazine scans, and the toy boxes.
also, is this the first form they've had that was Revice and not Revi and Vice, or do the other forms go by the Revice name anyway?
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:13 pm I was under the assumption that his name is spelled Veil. It makes more sense because a) it's an actual thing and b) it's an anagram of evil/live.
that makes sense. could also be about the fact that their dad was basically dying/dead and was brought back by fusing Gifu cells into him, so the demon brought him back from "beyond the veil"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>yeah, so far I've only seen it names in the opening credits, magazine scans, and the toy boxes.
also, is this the first form they've had that was Revice and not Revi and Vice, or do the other forms go by the Revice name anyway?

Yeah, on the Japanese wiki they have Revi then Vice, then a whole new section for Revice
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:13 pm I was under the assumption that his name is spelled Veil. It makes more sense because a) it's an actual thing and b) it's an anagram of evil/live.
But Evil/Live is Daiji's thing. Maybe Veil will be his cool fourth quarter new persona :P.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Revice 25:
Whoa! Just, whoa! What a crazy week for Super Hero Time.... Donbrothers debut and Revice dropping the bomb like that!...... For Revice, this week's episode gets a 5/5 from me....

Oh, man!! Young George is so cute!!! But still has a bad mouth.... 😅🤣

Vice's tail is attached ALL WRONG.... Man.... That's pathetic...
But I still find it amusing that they are making Ikki's actor portray Vice too.... He's doing good. And I am certain that he is enjoying portraying Vice as well ..... 🤣🤣

Daiji was in charge of holding Vice... No wonder Vice isn't under control.... They should've given this job to Sakura instead. She would have done a better job at holding Vice down.

Isn't Lovekov always acting weird? I don't remember anytime where she wasn't acting weird....

Dad talked about his chest pain but no one suspected heart problems? Hmmm.....

Aguilera has a heart.... Aww.... She's not so bad after all....

Huh? Why did Orteka tell Aguilera to wait? What's she supposed to wait for?

Ok, the dad's gonna transform? Wow....

So, the demon has the dad's heart? That's how he he got rid of his demon, by getting rid of his heart? That sounds like he's as good as dead.....  I knew that the heart problem had something to do with his inner demon or something, bad this is quite something....

Vwil's design is reminding me of those robots from Zero-One....

Aguilera, you should know by now that Orteka is a traitor by nature.....

So Buu-san is dad's confidant? That's why he always says that he can't say anything...

Was Vice 'born' from Ikki during this incident, or did he first 'appear' in front of Ikki during this incident? They're not explaining this demon thing very well.... 😕🙁😐

Vice was the hero during the fire accident and the dad was the villain... Lol. Ironies and historical inaccuracies... But what exactly did Vice do to protect the family? Why didn't they show that?

Why is Sakura so surprised that the dad has a demon? Doesn't EVERYONE have a demon in the Revice world? Again, not explaining it properly...

The dad is basically now the host of Gifu? Since he is fused with Gifu so it makes him the host of Gifu, right?

I did not expect that.... Our main thee riders are the children of Gifu itself.... That's why their demons are so strong.....

And who did Gifu eat at the end? The recurring pretty doctor?

This episode had a lot of story this time.... The pace skyrocketed this time... Now that I look back, it was pretty good seeding. Although I would appreciate if the story that was revealed in this episode was revealed in more parts than as a huge chunk.... Quite a lot to process at once....

Anyways, great episode! Liked it a lot....

Next time, more fighting between Daiji and Kagerou.... Why do they keep making them fight? Come to terms with each other, already!!! Ugh.....
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:24 am How old is Ikki? Because if that flashback is before Sakura was born, he looks way too old there. The fire thing in general seems like it should have been mentioned before.

It's not listed on the asahi page, but his actor is 23 and Sakura's actress is 19, if that rough guideline helps
From this episode, and Ikki's actors age I'm guessing Ikki's around 23-24, maybe. And correction, Sakura's actress is 18(will turn 19 this year), it says so on her Instagram profile. I also heard she had COVID recently, so hope she's feeling better now.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Oh he was born to be a mad scientist
Considering that he fused Genta with a demon and is the leader of Weekend currently, George's dad is the mad scientist here, imo.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Why's Aguillera suddenly care about people? She didn't before
She did, technically. She abandoned Tamaki because apparently she cared about him.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Again why does anyone trust Olteca?
To fulfill their super selfish and evil desires.... ?
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Oh, and don't stand next to Giff's coffin, I guess?
That looks more like a fossil to me than coffin. Then why do they keep calling it a coffin?
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Who did KR Vail fight against when he was a Kamen Rider?
I thought that he fought against the Deadmans that existed back then, or he just fought whoever he was ordered to fight against by Fenix....
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:50 am Was it Karizaki's dad's idea to make a weird Rider system based on stamps and ink? Maybe it's a cultural thing, but stamps aren't that cool to me
This article has some info about the background of vistamps, so maybe that explains something?
http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds- ... M2LP0i5V7M
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:33 am other note: I laughed my ass off when it showed babby George experimenting on some rock as a kid and they had the little kid say "goddamn"
Fortunately this isn't American television... Or people would probably be complaining instead of laughing at a kid saying "Goddamn" (and pronouncing it incorrectly 🤣😂) in a kids' show... Although I didn't really expect them going as far as making a kid say that... 
Same here... I just thought of 'Veil' when I heard them say it for the first time...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I imagine that Ikki is probably in his mid-20s since the fire took place 18 years ago which based on the flashback, kid Ikki was around 5-7 years old.

I'm glad that Tsuda Kenjiro is Vail. I just hope Vail stays around unlike when he voiced Oma Zi-O's henchman.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So Buu-san is dad's confidant? That's why he always says that he can't say anything...

This is the weird contradiction that is Vice. The crazy mile-long vision this show has, but used to poor effect. We see Buu-san from episode 1, but they don't give him a character or personality or interesting things that are memorable to do before this point

>And who did Gifu eat at the end? The recurring pretty doctor?

Nah, it was just some random researcher. That doctor needs to be back to give bad news for other Riders lol. We still don't know why Ikki is disappearing from photos and shit

>She did, technically. She abandoned Tamaki because apparently she cared about him.

I mean, bad guys can care about 1-2 people in their group. Aguilera was all about people sacrificing themselves to Giff up until she got put on the chopping block

>To fulfill their super selfish and evil desires.... ?

Hmm, not sure Aguilera was being selfish or evil here. Or the cult followers. Or Pat-3 either?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:39 am Hmm, not sure Aguilera was being selfish or evil here. Or the cult followers. Or Pat-3 either?
Then how do we classify Aguilera's wishes from the audience's perspective? She is still trying to revive Gifu because she had dedicated her whole life to being his bride... But at one point I question, isn't this a bit selfish of her? She should very well know that Gifu is evil, right? Then trying revive him isn't anything but selfish of her, imo.
The cult followers and Chigusa believed that the Deadmans would be able to establish justice in some way/form, that's probably why they were willing to work for Orteka and/or sacrifice themselves. Although, sacrificing themselves is pretty much done against their will. But I think they should know by now after seeing all those people being turned to Gifterians that being a part of this cult also means laying your life down. Clearly Orteka hasn't found any member who he thinks is worthy enough to be spared and be used for some other purpose like information gathering or whatever....
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I think it's just sloppy writing since I think Aguilera's kind of an inconsistent character. She's most fun just messing with Sakura. Anything more serious than that, I'm not too sure always follows through or makes sense for her

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”