DonBrothers Meet Sempaiger discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers Meet Sempaiger discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

This would have made for a good episode 0. Introduces Red and Yellow and we get the obligatory history lesson of past sentai. Gotta keep the nostalgia machine running, right?

Obviously not much they can do since it's a showcase, but there's little amusing bits. Like OniSister extending the o in Gokaiger or Red getting freaked out because of a weather vane shaped like a cock
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Re: DonBrothers Meet Sempaiger discussion thread

Post by fartboy »

Was pretty cool. The copy I got had a weird framerate. Any one else's?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:31 pm Was pretty cool. The copy I got had a weird framerate. Any one else's?
A fascinating thing about encoding is that sometimes a video will show as 29.97 fps, but actually be 23.976 but with a duplicate frame every four frames. It's entirely possible that someone was so focused on the conversion that he didn't remember to change the source frame rate to accurately represent the source video XD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I am a bit surprised that Toei still gives Patranger the time of day. After how LuPat ended, it's always been my expectation that they'd focus on the Lupins and ignore the Pats. But sure enough, here each get equal (albeit consecutive) billing.

They're getting treated better after the show ended than they were during the second half of the series proper.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:25 am Red getting freaked out because of a weather vane shaped like a cock
As much as I appreciated the callback to these details from Go-Busters, I really think they shouldn't have incorporated the weak-points into these Avatar changes. Because again, the weak-points are a side-effect of the vaccine program, which I don't think is something that was given to the Donbrothers during the Avatar changes. So logically, having the weak-points as their weaknesses while they are in that form makes no sense.... But logical analysis aside, this special was really enjoyable.
ViRGE wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:44 am I am a bit surprised that Toei still gives Patranger the time of day. After how LuPat ended, it's always been my expectation that they'd focus on the Lupins and ignore the Pats. But sure enough, here each get equal (albeit consecutive) billing.

They're getting treated better after the show ended than they were during the second half of the series proper.
No matter how they treated Patrangers in-universe because of writing issues and whatnot, in the real world, the Patrangers are supposed to have equal importance as the Lupinrangers. They are considered as belonging to the same Sentai after all, as confirmed in Zenkaiger... So no reason to have discrimination between them when they are in the end the same Sentai.....
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice