DonBrothers Meet Den-O Thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers Meet Den-O Thread

Post by takenoko »

Oh, so I just watched it (it's like 6 minutes). Den-O will never die!

Was pretty funny. Was disgusted to see pudding on Den-O's face plate though. The slob!

Glad this was short though. It took the job to it's logical conclusion. Not sure how much further they could have gone with this. Thanks for letting Den-O out of his cell for a few minutes
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: DonBrothers Meet Den-O Thread

Post by Lunagel »

Silly? Yes. Makes no sense? Yep. Short and doesn't outstay its welcome? Oh yeah.

I can live with more Den-O content if it's like this
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

You just know someone at Toei was chomping at the bit to do a Momo team-up the moment the DonBros theme was pitched. Which does make me slightly worried that this isn't the last time we're going to see Den-O. So it may yet outlive its welcome.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 am You just know someone at Toei was chomping at the bit to do a Momo team-up the moment the DonBros theme was pitched. Which does make me slightly worried that this isn't the last time we're going to see Den-O. So it may yet outlive its welcome.
This is Cassandra predicting the tragic future that has yet to come pass lol
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how- ... ket-newtab

While not exactly pudding, I made some panna cotta during my week off a few weeks back. It was pretty tasty, but not quite as good as the one from the place I was picking it up yet (the reason I made it was because the place closed down). Put some raspberry jam on top and it's pretty delectable. (Sadly, never got around to trying to dig a hole in the middle so that I could enjoy the raspberry throughout)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is there anything particularly special about Japanese pudding? Or is it just pudding? (I don't really keep up with pudding)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:40 am Is there anything particularly special about Japanese pudding? Or is it just pudding? (I don't really keep up with pudding)
Weeeeelllll it's not like American pudding like the Jell-O kind. Jell-O pudding is milk+cornstarch mostly, so it doesn't set like gelatin does. Japanese pudding isn't technically pudding at all, it's a kind of custard/flan and is categorized under crème caramel on wikipedia. It's made mostly of milk+eggs, so it has a semi-firm set to it. If you made a rich custard and poured caramel sauce on it, that's essentially the same taste, although not the same mouthfeel.

I suspect the word was adopted into Japanese via the Portuguese word "Pudim de leite" meaning "flan"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/618259855065183415/
I've read this manga and made the flan. It's pretty easy and tasty. But be careful when making the caramel since it burns easily and that flavor will permeate the rest of the flan

I guess it's kind of confusing to leave it as "pudding". But I guess in my mind it's okay since it's such a "dessert catch-all" term in British English

Also, it's more fun to have Momotaros say pudding than flan
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:08 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:40 am Is there anything particularly special about Japanese pudding? Or is it just pudding? (I don't really keep up with pudding)
Weeeeelllll it's not like American pudding like the Jell-O kind. Jell-O pudding is milk+cornstarch mostly, so it doesn't set like gelatin does. Japanese pudding isn't technically pudding at all, it's a kind of custard/flan and is categorized under crème caramel on wikipedia. It's made mostly of milk+eggs, so it has a semi-firm set to it. If you made a rich custard and poured caramel sauce on it, that's essentially the same taste, although not the same mouthfeel.

I suspect the word was adopted into Japanese via the Portuguese word "Pudim de leite" meaning "flan"
Ahh, okay. So it's more of a flan. That makes a lot of sense (and flans are definitely tastier). Thanks Luna!
takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:16 am Also, it's more fun to have Momotaros say pudding than flan
Truth. Pudding is just a funnier word in general. Though flan is very versatile for rhyming. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”