Kamen Rider Revice 28 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 pm

★★★★★
56%
★★★★
22%
★★★
11%
★★
11%
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 28 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.56 of 5 stars (9 votes)

Sorry this week's post is late! If I'm busy, feel free to make a post!

Awww, was hoping Karizaki would fail to transform

Has Sakura always been able to control her ponytail like that?

Aguilera getting slap, the most shocking slap this Sunday!

Great, now Olteca will never die

Yay. Best boy Tamaki is back!

Vail inhabiting Ikki's dad to be menacing is genuinely pretty creepy

Ugh. On the other hand, Vice in Ikki's body looks silly. Especially when it's just his head popping out of Vice's body like he's wearing some weird turtleneck

Wow, classic Kamen Rider arm movements

So my kneejerk reaction to Thundergale form from seeing it in the Superhero Time promos is that it looks ugly. And I still think that. The yellow and pink are silly and the head is goofy. I can see that he's supposed to be an electric gremlin, but it's not landing for me. Sorry

LOL, why is Olteca having happy memories of hanging out with Aguilera and Tamaki. You know that guy was just always looking down on them

Thank goodness Ikki and Vice are separate again

Tamaki or Sakura, someone stop Aguilera. Don't let her just walk off

LOL, I can't take Weekend seriously with their gamer chairs. Also, Karazaki daddy's excuse being "you'll get it when you're a parent" is a pretty funny line

Sakura's looking great when she declares she'll defeat Giff

Daiji, should you be saying that to the obvious villain in your organization?

Oh, what? Ikki smiling and saying "welcome" while his two siblings are in serious mode. Real tone clash

Looks like next week will be a clip show

I liked this week's episode a lot. It's far from perfect, with Ikki talking to himself, but Vice not responding feeling like half a conversation, and the new form being not my taste, but the talk with Vail was cool and there were a lot of good character moments, especially at the end. You feel bad for Tamaki, Aguilera, and Sakura. And Olteca is finally dead! Feel like this is as good as the show will get.

Edit: Hodl up. That ugly form is the titular Kamen Rider Revice? Whaaaat?! (The black form is Jack Revice). /me slaps his face
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 28 Discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm not a fan of the way the face looks for Revice, but I don't fully hate the design, either. neat that we get a CMYK theme with the coloring, given the whole stamps/ink thing the series has going on.

also kind like the touch that the Rolling Vistamp has the colors for this form looking like small splotches on it. makes for a combo of referencing the look of the ink splotches Evil had on his costume, so "black with ink stains" is a Devil Rider motif, and also for being the colors of the fully realized Revice poking out, waiting to be revealed when they transform.

...actually, wait. Evil's ink stains were the color for Holy Live's base suit/the Holy Wing stamp. he was doing the same thing with the "true colors poking out of the darkness" thing this whole time.

also, George called the Jack Revice form by name. this is the first time it ever got named in-show besides the credits, isn't it? weird they do it the last time it'll probably be used outside of flashbacks/clip show scenes of these past few episodes, unless it turns out Ikki and Vice need to go Jack Revice before they can go full Revice for some reason.

another cool thing, while Revice was doing classic Rider henshin posing, George was going full Kuuga when he transformed into Demons, wasn't he?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:08 pm another cool thing, while Revice was doing classic Rider henshin posing, George was going full Kuuga when he transformed into Demons, wasn't he?
Oh, that'd make sense. Surprised I missed that. George is a big Heisei head isn't he
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Good episode. Had some nice moments.

Why is George excited in a good way? Isn't this a super dangerous situation?

George's henshin monologue is hilarious!! 🤣😂 What henshin catchphrase starts with Daddy! ?! Lmao!! But he didn't use the new vistamp to transform.... So that was interesting....

Now Demons has completely turned into Spiderman.... Lol. At least Demons is back to the good side now...

Oooh... Haunted bathhouse.... This seems interesting...

Wow, Daiji is finally acting his age.... Lol

Here's Aguilera to throw a tantrum again.... Ooooh.... Rejection.... Poor girl...

Wait, Ikki's actually accepting the Gifterians' invitation?

Oh, here's Tamaki.... His job is to comfort Aguilera, apparently...

"It's showtime." - It sounds familiar.... Wait, isn't that Wyzurue's(from Ryusoulger) catchphrase?

The credit for good fighting goes to the Demons rider suit, not George...... 😑😐🧐

Yes, George. Stick to your day job.....

Ok, Ikki's acting is not good in the Vail confrontation scene..... 🤔🤨☹️😶😐😑 It's like he's forcing the anger a bit too much...

Dang, they just keep making Ikki look uglier with every episode. I could tolerate Ikki merged with Vice for so long, but this is just horrible... Ugh.... 🤦‍♀️😒😐😑🥴😵

Their demons also protect them.... That's nice....

Bye bye, Orteka.... You won't be missed.... At least I won't miss you....

Where's the dad and Buu-san, exactly?

Of course George won't patch things up with his dad... I expected that from him...

Well, I'm glad Saukra has made her decision.

The ending letter was sweet....

Lol, They're making a movie next time.... At which point in the series will they realize that Hiromicchi is still alive?
takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:32 pm Sorry this week's post is late! If I'm busy, feel free to make a post!
Roger that. Is it ok to make the post as soon as I finish watching Revice, so maybe Sunday? Or Monday?

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:32 pm
Has Sakura always been able to control her ponytail like that?
I think so. I kinda assumed that she could... I mean, what else is that long ponytail sticking out of her helmet for if she can't attack with it- kinda like Stinger's tail which he used for attacking sometimes, as much as I saw.
So my kneejerk reaction to Thundergale form from seeing it in the Superhero Time promos is that it looks ugly. And I still think that. The yellow and pink are silly and the head is goofy. I can see that he's supposed to be an electric gremlin, but it's not landing for me. Sorry
I also find it ugly. So ugly that I'd rather that design be a design for a MOTW.
Tamaki or Sakura, someone stop Aguilera. Don't let her just walk off
I was hoping one of them would try to stop her, given that they tried to establish a connection between Sakura and Aguilera and the already existing connection between Aguilera and Tamaki.
Also, Karazaki daddy's excuse being "you'll get it when you're a parent" is a pretty funny line
The way George is, I highly doubt he'll ever even be a parent....
Daiji, should you be saying that to the obvious villain in your organization?
I felt that he said it to him because he knows that the director is the villain in the organization. The tone he used felt like he was kinda trying to threaten the director.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:50 am "It's showtime." - It sounds familiar.... Wait, isn't that Wyzurue's(from Ryusoulger) catchphrase?
It was also the catchphrase for Kamen Rider Wizard.

Not much to say on this one. It was a good episode, and fun to see George actually doing something for once. I have a feeling his daddy issues are going to become a major arc coming up, especially since his father continues to wear that mask despite everyone knowing who he is.

My poor Aguilera! I kind of knew she'd be rejected, but it was still a blow that nobody even tried to stop her. And considering her and Sakura are an item in all but name, I was a little pissed Sakura did little more than call out her name. As for Tamaki, I was almost rooting for him until Aguilera got up - but then he started whining again "Don't leave me!" when he should've been saying "I'm not going to leave you!". That boy really needs to grow a pair and stop acting like a lost puppy every time Aguilera actually needs someone to comfort her.

HAlfway through the show now, and we're already at the final boss, but I have a feeling Gifu taking off likthat meansthe second half arc is going to focus around clearing up FeniX and figuring out Weekend, plus Vail will likely be the main antagonist.

Speaking of which, Vail episode 1 wasn't bad and I have a feelng the events in that miniseries are going to have a direct impact on Revice moving forward. Unless Noah is destroyed, there's a very good chance they'll becom an active faction, likely hunting down not only Vail, but also the three siblings, possibly using those stock demons to lure them out.

It feels as though the main arc was wrapped up well enough, plus there are a lot of little breadcrumbs for the second half, but this really does feel like Amazon, with the main villain being something completely different for the second half, likely with Gifu not appearing until the very end. In fact... is it just me, or does it seem like Gifu is only interested in collecting demons, meaning he might not be quite the villain we were led to believe, but rather something more akin to Kuuga where the Rider of today is essentially a (driver-created) reincarnation of an ancient Rider. After all this time, we really know nothing about Gifu except he possessed the original ViStamp, is ancient, and absorbs demons. Everything else has been little more than theories posed at random by characters with no actual backing evidence.

With both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai finally finding their stride again, I have some serious expectations for the quality of the second half, and am kind of glad next week is the clip show (because the next Rider/villain is often semi-revealed at the end of the special. Plus it's a good way to transition us to the next big arc.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”