Kindaichi Season 5 Episode 1 Discussion Thread

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kindaichi Season 5 Episode 1 Discussion Thread

Post by xiiliea »

Wiki
Next >

Pretty good pilot episode, even though the overall setting was pretty much the same as one of the episodes from the original seasons. Even the first trick gets reused. I already guessed it before it was revealed.

The OP song is epic, I really like it.
Spoiler
Dude, the doll didn't even look like Kindaichi.
I felt like the part where Miyuki
Spoiler
was attacked was full of plot holes. Why wasn't she killed, and shouldn't she have been dumped into the well?
I loled hard at the part where Kenmochi and Kindaichi raced and he broke the finishing line.

Major spoilers:
Spoiler
I feel like the numbers puzzle was unneeded. Kindaichi could have seen all the torn posters and realized one was untorn and realized it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kindaichi Season 5 Episode 1 Discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Man, everyone sure left in a hurry despite seeing a girl hanging. You'd think the night guard would at least try to do some more investigation

The hell? Why does the sponsor stuff appear on top of the episode itself. That's weird

No one turned on the computer in two days. What the?

Two people murdered? Kindaichi does jack all. Someone hits his girl? Kindaichi's on the case!

Wait, they could have just asked the teacher for the answer about the 7th mystery?

If that was a trick to get the detective to time the race, it takes him forever to ask him for the number

Who fixed the door to the lab?

What a confusing fucking code, Sakuragi. Did you know you were going to get murdered??

The setup for the mystery was too convoluted. The trick just ended up being a mirror, then the rest of the episode is spent explaining the murderer's motives. Feels like a bad use of the time considering they should have spent it building Kindaichi and the rest of the main characters personalities. Wasn't really wowed by Kindaichi being a boy genius and his and Miyuki's fighting was amusing to a point. Miyuki spends at least half the episode gone from being attacked!

So the dude went from lazy construction worker to assassin for his company just to hide six bodies? Seems like a big jump to go from negligence to straight up killing kids. Is everyone at that company the worst at hiding bodies or what? If you're going to hide the bodies where you need to install a guard, don't hide bodies there. How close did Onoue get to finding the body?

Disappointed that Tachibana didn't get to kill off his daughter's killer. Although maybe he should have found the killer in that 10 years instead of letting him kill two more times

Opening is definitely the best part
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Kindaichi Season 5 Episode 1 Discussion Thread

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:54 am
The hell? Why does the sponsor stuff appear on top of the episode itself. That's weird

Two people murdered? Kindaichi does jack all. Someone hits his girl? Kindaichi's on the case!

Wait, they could have just asked the teacher for the answer about the 7th mystery?

If that was a trick to get the detective to time the race, it takes him forever to ask him for the number

So the dude went from lazy construction worker to assassin for his company just to hide six bodies? Seems like a big jump to go from negligence to straight up killing kids. Is everyone at that company the worst at hiding bodies or what? If you're going to hide the bodies where you need to install a guard, don't hide bodies there. How close did Onoue get to finding the body?
Yeah, it's weird. I found that weird little section in the middle of all the cms.

Yeah, cuz Miyuki is supposed to be his childhood friend.

I found that it's a little flawed that part of the explanation was derived from the culprit's statement.

Seems like they need a lesson on how to better hide bodies. They could have encased them in concrete or buried them deeper instead of literally just under the floorboards, and Chihiro wouldn't have found them in the first place and none of this would have happened.

Return to “Other Projects”