DonBrothers 10 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2022 7:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
7%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
7%
No votes

Total votes: 15
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: DonBrothers 10 discussion thread

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 am >Though this episode does add to my confusion about how perceptible the Bros are, though.

I feel like this episode doesn't count, to be honest. I doubt we'll see them calling each other by their donbro name nor do I see them running up to civilians like normal sentai
That's a fair point. The Wonderful Life analogy someone else made seems apt, as only the character growth is going to carry forward.
>Meanwhile, just to keep score, this is now the third episode in a row without a robo fight.

But we had a robotarou just last time and this time!
You know damn well what I mean, smart ass! :P A giant robo fight.
>This episode introduced a new insert song, and yet very atypically for Sentai, you couldn't hear it.

There's a new song?
Yes. We get a fight song once Oni Sister goes Robotaru. The Internet says it's called A Battle World.
>Huh. If you had told me she was in her early 20s, I would have accepted it without blinking. Apparently I'm terrible at telling the ages of Japanese actors. :lol:

I feel like they coded her as more mature than Haruka
Agreed. That's definitely part of it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

And I really like her gold hair braid thing that she wears throughout the episode. Also her yellow fingernails. Both of which are gone when she goes back to her original life at the end. It's a nice attention to detail and nod to "rangers wear their colors" sentai trope
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:36 am And I really like her gold hair braid thing that she wears throughout the episode. Also her yellow fingernails. Both of which are gone when she goes back to her original life at the end. It's a nice attention to detail and nod to "rangers wear their colors" sentai trope
I hope she comes back, honestly. She's too interesting to just be a one-off. Although given even she has no idea she was Oni Sister, I can't see it happening.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:03 am I hope she comes back, honestly. She's too interesting to just be a one-off. Although given even she has no idea she was Oni Sister, I can't see it happening.
When one of my friend's and I watched this episode, she commented that she'd like Marina to be the 6th Ranger. Given the rumors that the 6th is going to be played by a woman, I said that that was possible.

And if it does happen, that would turn this episode into one of the most unique intros for the 6th Ranger in Sentai history.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

A lady sixth? What next? A lady red? Cats marrying dogs?!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 am A lady sixth? What next? A lady red? Cats marrying dogs?!
Honestly given the male pink this year I don't think it's too unlikely. I mean, I still don't think it'll happen. I know one of the rumours ages ago was we were getting a duo like Go-On Wings.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 am A lady sixth? What next? A lady red? Cats marrying dogs?!
Shinkenger Red raises her eyebrows in your direction.

Has there been a lady Orange before?

Maybe Marina could be a color similar to Yellow like Honey? (They could do the gimmick where male characters cannot tell their colors apart but the difference is obvious to female characters.) Also, White has been used by lady rangers before.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Haruka's decision didn't feel satisfying to me. Why is she okay with giving up manga? External influences like feeling guilt for Marina don't sit well with me.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Arigomi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:00 pm Haruka's decision didn't feel satisfying to me. Why is she okay with giving up manga? External influences like feeling guilt for Marina don't sit well with me.
She's not giving up manga. When she tells that to her agent, she's just basically saying "Get off the phone, I'm busy". She's about to go and reset everything so she knows it doesn't matter what she says.

She goes back to being Oni Sister because she realises that by giving it up she's forcing someone else to take on the bad luck that comes with it, and she doesn't want to do that.

At the end of the episode, nothing has changed. Haruka hasn't "given up" manga, she's the same as she was before, except she's now basically wasted her Kibi Points.
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:26 pm
Shinkenger Red raises her eyebrows in your direction.
You know what I mean. It's easier than saying "main red for the whole year who's a lady" each time
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i really thought she was going to be replaced this week. I was really sad and went into this thinking that this was her last episode. I'm glad it's not the case. i really love her. <3
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Aeikozz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:44 am i really thought she was going to be replaced this week. I was really sad and went into this thinking that this was her last episode. I'm glad it's not the case. i really love her. <3
Unless an actor dies or does something so stupid Toei has basically no choice but to fire them, that's not happening. It happened a couple of times in the Showa era, but there's basically 0 chance of a main cast member being replaced mid-season nowadays.
Seen:
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Haruka's actress should have trolled the internet by holding up a bouquet of flowers a couple of days before the show aired.
Last edited by resop2 on Thu May 12, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:21 pm Mizuki's actress should have trolled the internet by holding up a bouquet of flowers a couple of days before the show aired.
Mizuki? Which parallel world are you from?
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Gotta say, this is the first sentai season where I'm genuinely anticipating to see what's going to happen next. I think it's because other sentai I've seen usually had a more traditional TV format, where episodes are generally interchangeable (and I don't mean it in any derogatory sense, it's just a different style). This is the first time I see sentai going for a "gripping storyline" kind of format, like KR has been doing lately.

P.S. No one going to mention how onisister now suddenly has a weapon (club)? I thought it was a big deal, considering how under-armed donbrothers-who-are-not-momotaro have been up until now
Last edited by Mikadius on Sun May 15, 2022 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”