Tsuukai x Gokai discussion Thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Tsuukai x Gokai discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

I thought Flint's type was her brother?

Wait, that platform is just a dropoff? How does their wacky CGI interior work

LOl at the backs of yellow, green, and blue

I thought the twins were human again

They got Gai but not the rest? Boo

Why doesn't the tanuki have giant balls?

I guess I should have expected this from all the clubs conspiculously around

Disappointed we don't get Flint's transformation from the live shows

I wonder what building they used for this

A fine script from Komura Junko. Amusing

Really surprised they recorded an end song for this

If you want to learn more about Japanese tanuki, definitely recommend Studio Ghibli's Pom Poko:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pom_Poko
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Tsuukai x Gokai discussion Thread

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:28 am I thought the twins were human again
The last episode showed that they can change back and forth from human and SD bot whenever they feel like. Handy for when doubling up the actor who played both of them and dubbing him over would be too complicated!
takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:28 am Really surprised they recorded an end song for this
That's not actually a new song, it's just the insert theme for Super Tsuukaiser. ...Y'know, the form that's not in this special...
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Bit of a heads up, a little bit in and it seems like a sequel to Zenkaiger vs Kiramager vs Sempaiger. I think I'll hold off watching this for a bit. bitbitbitbitbit
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:14 am Bit of a heads up, a little bit in and it seems like a sequel to Zenkaiger vs Kiramager vs Sempaiger. I think I'll hold off watching this for a bit. bitbitbitbitbit
It has nothing to do with that movie other than Captain Marvelous is in this? The story is completely independent

I also recommend this one. As fatiguing as one of Toei's spinoffs can be, I thought this was a genuinely funny work from Komura Junko
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This was really fun. But the annoying part to me was Gai's TERRIBLE imitation of Luka. Plot-wise, I think they should have just gotten Luka to act as bait. She could have pulled it off better than any of the other girls. But then again, we wouldn't get to see Flint transform in that case(still disappointed that they didn't use Flint's suit from the G-Rosso shows :cry: ). Yet I still think Flint teaming up with Luka would work better given their similar personalities and all. 🤷‍♀️
I was kinda hoping that Marvelous would say to Ahim, "Don't marry that idiot Tanuki! Marry me instead." But, I guess they won't grant all of my wishes with one special. 😅😝

Also, shouldn't this thread be in the Zenkaiger discussion forum instead? This special is focused on the Goldtsuiker family after all...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>This was really fun. But the annoying part to me was Gai's TERRIBLE imitation of Luka.

maybe its' good because it is so terrible

No lie, I always want more Luka, but if you can't get her, then this is acceptable

>Also, shouldn't this thread be in the Zenkaiger discussion forum instead? This special is focused on the Goldtsuiker family after all...

It is in the Zenkaiger forum
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:21 am It is in the Zenkaiger forum
Hmmm... Weird. I can see that it's present in both the Gokaiger and Zenkaiger thread, but when I open the post, it shows that it's in the Gokaiger thread...

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:23 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:21 am It is in the Zenkaiger forum
Hmmm... Weird. I can see that it's present in both the Gokaiger and Zenkaiger thread, but when I open the post, it shows that it's in the Gokaiger thread...
Okay you got me, I copied it over to the Gokaiger forum, but I left a shadow thread in the Zenkaiger forum. I guess it's only technically in the Gokaiger one though
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:01 am Okay you got me, I copied it over to the Gokaiger forum, but I left a shadow thread in the Zenkaiger forum. I guess it's only technically in the Gokaiger one though
Oh, that makes more sense now. Got it.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In fairness to Gokai Silver, his imitation of Luka did not have to be good since the monster has probably never seen Luka before nor has he seen a cross dresser before.

I was pondering during this episode if I has watching a Giga Tokusatsu show. You have brainwashed heroines performing G-rated hentai stuff with a monster. Toei did it wrong though: They killed off the monster before they could put out the "special" DVD release...

The suit actress for Flint did a good job of mimicking her overacting. I guess that if you want to be a Tokusatsu pirate you need recognizable body language.

Maybe a team up episode with Flint and Yodonna?
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

resop2 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:58 pm In fairness to Gokai Silver, his imitation of Luka did not have to be good since the monster has probably never seen Luka before nor has he seen a cross dresser before.
He did see her though when Ahim introduced him to the team. Marvelous even said he noticed the attention she was getting, which was how he figured it probably wasn't just going to be Ahim.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:28 am Disappointed we don't get Flint's transformation from the live shows
That was my main complaint about Zenkaiger and I said it months ago here

I will look into that form because I didn't know it exist but I liked that they made her justice in this movie at least and let the idea open that she may have his own change form in the future.

This was ok for a short/quick episode and its always good to see more Marvelous and Gokaiger in general.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Easy to miss, but I like the promos that Marvelous and Tsuuakizer do. It's short and funny
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was certainly different. Going the comedy route definitely fits Zenkaiger better than the seriousness of the Ryusoulger TTFC movie. But I was not expecting a masochistic MOTW! :shock: I know that Japan is into some really weird shit, and yet every now and then it still manages to surprise me. That is certainly one way to develop content for an older audience.:oops:

In any case, it's always good to see the Gokaigers again (especially Ahim and Gai). And while I could do without the Toy Twins, Zox is decent enough, and it's fantastic to not only see Flint being given something to do, but given the chance to transform as well. Her sideline status in Zenkaiger was always an oddity, since she wasn't an outsider like traditional support characters.

And since when did Gai's morpher get an upgrade? He didn't have that in Gokaiger Ten.

Side observation: Ahim announced her engagement at the curry shop :D

Edit: And while it's kind of weird to see two transformed Sentai heroes taking on a group of bog standard humans (and even more so at not immediately winning), I do appreciate that it means the stunties get to show their faces. That basically never happens in Sentai
takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:28 am Wait, that platform is just a dropoff? How does their wacky CGI interior work
Poorly. Very poorly. :lol:
Given the, er, theme of this movie, I think there are limits to even what Toei is comfortable encouraging (or at least showing off)
Oh? What was her transformation for the live shows?
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:03 am This was really fun. But the annoying part to me was Gai's TERRIBLE imitation of Luka.
But it's supposed to be terrible. That's what makes it so entertaining: it's awful, and yet it worked. :lol:
resop2 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:58 pm The suit actress for Flint did a good job of mimicking her overacting. I guess that if you want to be a Tokusatsu pirate you need recognizable body language.
That is actually I an excellent point that I had not considered before. The suit actor did a fantastic job giving Flint-Tsuukaiser an entirely different body language that matched the human character. As utterly silly as Toku often is, they also have moments where it's clear someone on the crew is purposely approaching matters from an artistic perspective.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:32 am Easy to miss, but I like the promos that Marvelous and Tsuuakizer do. It's short and funny
Agreed! But man did they look cold while doing them :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>But I was not expecting a masochistic MOTW! :shock: I know that Japan is into some really weird shit, and yet every now and then it still manages to surprise me.

The theming to this one surprised me as well! Kids, so you want to learn about being a masochist...

>And since when did Gai's morpher get an upgrade? He didn't have that in Gokaiger Ten.

I did think it was funny to see him pull that out of nowhere to make Flint's transformation possible. Surely this is a P Bandai toy rightt now

>Side observation: Ahim announced her engagement at the curry shop :D

Ah, where else would the Gokaigers be I guess. Did they ever replace the Galleon?

>Edit: And while it's kind of weird to see two transformed Sentai heroes taking on a group of bog standard humans (and even more so at not immediately winning), I do appreciate that it means the stunties get to show their faces. That basically never happens in Sentai

Were they human? I assumed from their weird look that they were like putties or something
Given the, er, theme of this movie, I think there are limits to even what Toei is comfortable encouraging (or at least showing off)

Japan you've changed man
Oh? What was her transformation for the live shows?

ImageImageImageImage

Gokai Wings?

>That is actually I an excellent point that I had not considered before. The suit actor did a fantastic job giving Flint-Tsuukaiser an entirely different body language that matched the human character. As utterly silly as Toku often is, they also have moments where it's clear someone on the crew is purposely approaching matters from an artistic perspective.

I feel like it's been a while since they did a behind the scenes net movie to give props to the suit actors of tokusatsu. They listed Gomi Ryoko in the credits. Since Nogawa Mizuho was probably GokaiPink, I aSsume, Ryoko did female Tsuukaizer

>Agreed! But man did they look cold while doing them :lol:

Why are actors always so cold in japan? They wear like the biggest coats in between shots

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”