Kamen Rider Revice 39 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:01 pm

★★★★★
14%
★★★★
14%
★★★
14%
★★
14%
43%

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 39 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 2.67 of 5 stars (6 votes)

WTF, how is Weekend able to afford all these shelters? Ranging from fitting 400-800 people???

Wait, stop. Explain how Weekend has better resources and organizations than the government and military. Also why is everyone evacuating? They're still running Happy Spa like life goes on

Do we know why Daiji is still with FeniX?

Again Ikki is missing from a photo. So it's all in Ikki's mind then? What is going on with this plotline?

Why's the weekend kid calling the ninninger guy dad? Has he been doing this the whole time, even though the fake family fascade was dropped?

I was wondering why the weekend lady was so rough with the citizen. Guess they needed it for Akaishi's propoganda (Just one more sloppy thing on top of everything else sloppy in this show)

Oh no, the weekend mom. Did she ever have a name? Again, Revice cashing the drama cheques it never earned

Modern Rider stories are just the worst. They only function because everyone acts like an idiot. Was Ikki just going to stand there and let Daiji finish him off?

It's really sad to not have a monster of the week, since they could have interesting powers to make the fights interesting. It's not fun to watch Ikki and Vice use all their power on some mook. And Rider vs Rider doesn't work because Daiji sucks and his motivations are hella stupid

I'm feeling some despair watching this series. I think the last thing that really interested me was Hana getting Rider powers, and even then I had some mixed feelings about the suit design and naming

Hate to say it, but I think it really shows that Kinoshita Hanta has never written a TV series before (He's written a few movie scripts, but is mostly a novelist). It looks like he's getting some help from Mouri Nobuhiro (who did write this episode), but I dunno. Is someone at the top just enforcing these terrible stories or is something else going on? At this point, Neo Heisei Rider stories are more bad than good to me

I don't know how I'd script doctor this to make it better? Maybe kill of Akaishi and Vail and start over with Giff and some new commander? Maybe tell a story about Hana and Sakura needing to go on a mission together and giving them some character/relationship growth? Just giving the minimal amount of giving-the-fuck about some of these characters instead of treating them like pawns for the writer's bad plot points would help.

Highlight of the episode was George apologizing to Hiromi, but even then, George's apology felt so half-hearted and Hiromi faking a punch into a chest tap just didn't feel cool. It was just an oasis of characterization in an episode devoid of it (and no, the weekend guys don't count, since I don't like or care about them)

From the sponsor: The fate of humanity's existence depends on this sibling squabble...!
I know it's supposed to sound dramatic, but I just kind of roll my eyes
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 39 Discussion thread

Post by Arigomi »

The Weekend warriors finally do something beyond rock climbing on Sundays. I was expecting a surprise counteroffensive as members abandon their undercover identities and fight, turning the tide of the conflict. Instead, we got an orderly evacuation effort with Revice cleaning up unimportant skirmishes. This all felt so dull.

During the Weekend speech, I thought to myself "dude... say it, don't spray it."

I feel like Tamaki is doing his impression of a drunk salaryman using a necktie as a headband.

Hikaru is allowed to grieve, but Tamaki needs to stop crying?

I completely forgot about the memory loss thing. Am I a Kamen Rider too?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:27 pm I completely forgot about the memory loss thing. Am I a Kamen Rider too?
Let's test your memory. What's Weekend mom's name? You know, she died in this episode. So you must know her name, right?

If you don't, then come on. I don't know Weekend boy's name, but he was so upset by her death
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Weekend boy's name is Hikaru... if not mistaken, Sakura did mention his name few times before

This episode kinda rush, like we missed out few episode, they also didnt explain why Daiji suddenly become like that

I wonder how many more episodes till Daiji will realize he is on the wrong side.
So Hiromi will stay as normal civilian? since he cant fight as rider.
the memory lost thing sound like dementia .....lol

on the other note, I guess those editors dont care about the script... they assume kamen rider series is for kids... no need to explain so much... just fight will do
showtime
Number 6
Number 6

Post by showtime »

ya i was hella confused in this episode as a Bunch of unnecessary drama was stirred up. I get that writers are trying to write a story about sibling clashing, but making Daiji a comeplete fucking moron isn't the way to go. It would've been better if there was better defining moment of him switching sides. Like Akaemi dying could've been a good pivot point for him, but they kind of gloss over by having Hiromi literally appear out of thin air. LOL. I hate when TV show stir up drama between characters because of a misunderstanding that could be solver if they just said what happened. Its really bullshit storytelling in making Daiji just oblivious.

Also felt like this episode was hella rushed. Video directing-wise.
- when Hikaru(useless kid) barges in on his dad, for some odd reason the whole place was a fucking mess even tho 10 seconds before he barges in. The room was organized and everything was in place. Legit no scene to transition.
- the other scene was when Daiji henshins and jumps over the railing. Somehow daiji and ikki tumbled into forest even tho they were just in the shelter??? Like who is directing this? Its simplest stuff that can be easily fixed. Where are the damn transition scenes.

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”