OOO 10th Kamen Rider Birth: The Secret Story of the Birth of Birth X Discussion Thread

Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO 10th Kamen Rider Birth: The Secret Story of the Birth of Birth X Discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Is that an obligatory Kamen Rider Girl cameo that I see?

lol, Date's Kougami impression

Hahaha, in this world they're fighting over Hina? THat's great. Also Good to see more of 10 years after Greeeds

LOL them chucking their Medals at Hina. See, this is the kind of goof off tone that I missed from the 10 years after movie

Oh, they still have the inside of the Birth suit. Nice

That was delightful. Nice job Mouri Nobuhiro for writing this. He also wrote the OOO 10 years after movie, but this was more in his wheelhouse

Edit: Watching it raw, I totally missed that Hino apparently has a brother who looks just like Uva?! Probably won't apply to main canon, but still funny
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: OOO 10th Kamen Rider Birth: The Secret Story of the Birth of Birth X Discussion Thread

Post by Phoenix512 »

This definitely had the silliness of OOO. It's funny that Uva, Mezool, and Kazuki are related to Eiji but Gamel is just a neighbor of Eiji's. I think it would be great if Kougami had Satonka's role and Satonka had Gotou's role instead. I really want a series of Hina and her Greeeds.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: OOO 10th Kamen Rider Birth: The Secret Story of the Birth of Birth X Discussion Thread

Post by Lunagel »

That was exactly what a 10 Years After should be, full of the love for the original series while not afraid to poke fun at itself. I'm honestly much more impressed with this mini story than the actual movie. I audibly snorked when President Date appeared onscreen. More of this sort of thing please.
Rider Cure Man
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Favorite Band: Sub-Radio
My boom: Resident Evil
Quote: "Now, Count Your Sins"

Post by Rider Cure Man »

Very comedic with everyone swapping roles like that, overall better than the actual movie in my opinion

V-Cinext is at it's worst when they start killing people for no reason, Fuwa and Eiji didn't need to die

EDIT: On another note with this I've finally finished my Kogami Happy Birthday compilation I don't think I missed any but I'll check thought again to be sure
He'll says it less than you would think
''Please return that button to God'' - Keisuke Nago
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Huh. It was shorter than I was expecting. For some reason I had it in my head that it would be closer to 30 minutes, like Tsuukaizer x Gokaiger.

In any case, we get to see Hina kicking ass as OOO. Go Hina!

Given the short run time, there isn't a whole lot of plot to speak of - it's all very clearly just a framework for having all the actors swap roles. But it manages to catch some of the fun that didn't make it into the 10 Years After movie. And Date's actor does a great Cake Boss.:lol:
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Post by Sonicguy001 »

while this is apparently set before the 10 years after movie, I believe that this is Toei's attempt at an apology for how the movie itself turned out IMO. good thing I consider the events of that movie as it's own seperate thing, seeing as it contradicts 2 rider movies

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”