Kamen Rider Revice 48 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm

★★★★★
17%
★★★★
No votes
★★★
33%
★★
17%
33%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 48 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 2.25 of 5 stars (9 votes)

Sakura, get up because Kagerou told you to. Oh wait she's down again. At least the duo transformation was good

Yeah yeah, everyone keeps reminding Ikki and the audience that he'll forget his family if he transforms. Stakes! Meanwhile George has daddy issues?

I'm amazed there was a box of anything in that used bathroom set

LOL, stain and reveals

This moment of everyone talking in the hospital room is nice, wish they'd do that more. But at the same time, it's like these guys have nothing to say to each other outside the main story that makes them seem so shallow

Here's a script doctor idea. Maybe Ikki should have started forgetting things halfway through. That way he'd be dealing with the stakes and stuff with the other characters throughout the series and maybe there would have been less wheels spinning in place

Again, this battle sure would be better if Ikki and George had any reason for fighting. Or if there had been any tangible consequence for Masumi transferring his devil into George

What? Ikki and Vice just handily beat George? What is Hiromi handing George, why didn't they just use this to start lol? This series keeps going on about how terrible Ikki losing his memory is, but they just have him transform first before bringing out the memorabilia items

What a twist, George secretly created Revice

Ikki turning to Vice and asking who his siblings are is pretty good though

Alright episode. There's some good ideas in this episode that probably should have been explored throughout the series. Like for a series that likes setting up things as far in advance as it does, I never saw "George has daddy issues" transition to "George built a driver to get in a penis competition with his dad". Instead of Ikki disappearing from photos for 45 episodes and people saying he's going to forget, have him forget people and have them deal with it. It'll give all those third tier characters something to say to Ikki when he forgets them instead of nothing at all
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 48 Discussion thread

Post by Arigomi »

The tonal shifts in this episode were weird. It felt lighthearted while telling the audience there is serious stuff going on.

HIromi freaking out while looking through the box was awkward.

The family dynamics were so scattershot. The parents are useless. Daiji and Sakura end up giving into Ikki's stubborness.

They found a way to make George see the light, but the fight was still necessary because... toxic masculinity?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

What's the point of a Rider who loses the episode after his debut?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:49 pm What's the point of a Rider who loses the episode after his debut?
Don't worry about it. You like Riders right? Have another one. Remember when the dad and vail had rider forms for an ep? How about the faceless mook Riders? Do they even have names? Be sure to collect them all!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:49 pm What's the point of a Rider who loses the episode after his debut?
I really feel like this Karazaki Saga wasn't planned. Something makes me feel like they only planed this series for 46 Episodes due to pandemic was counting on some weeks things not getting aired, but that didn't happen so they had to come up with something.

but beside that. This episode and that last one is really fucking good. The acting it's soo great.

They didn't have to go this hard.

T_T Karazaki. You have all the feels!!!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

takenoko wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:33 am
Don't worry about it. You like Riders right? Have another one. Remember when the dad and vail had rider forms for an ep? How about the faceless mook Riders? Do they even have names? Be sure to collect them all!
This right here. Let's forget how cool those two looked. Like they coulda brought those forms on for some more episodes. I still think Dad's form is the coolest in the show. but nope. 1 Episode.
AllHailGeats
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by AllHailGeats »

George crying was the funniest part of the show in my opinion. I’m just saying my opinions not trolling I swear

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”