Jeanne & Aguilera & Girls Remix 02 thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jeanne & Aguilera & Girls Remix 02 thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Wait, did Hana faint last time? I don't remember that

Oh, KirameiPink is in this? Who's that

What a fancy room. /me looks at the walls to see if tit looks familiar

Neat, looks like they update the opening depending on who's in it

How accurate are these heights. How tall is Angela Mei again?

Sabela, is it that important to find out why Sakura was fighting with Hana? Priorities lol

There's the title, she said it

Looking at the set again, I wonder if this is where they filmed some Kiva scenes

The lady who plays Hana's sister is big

Is that Hana's devil? I lke her big flower and long black hair

lol poppy headbutting a guy

Ah Akiko, never change

It's nice of the guards to use melee weapons considering one of hte invaders is just straight up using a sword lol

Oh yeah Is should have used her super speed way more in the original series

Was wondering when Akiko would use her catchphrase

Oh that's Taki Yukari? She looks great. I missed her long hair in Build. Why does Akiko say she recognizes Kudo Mio? They don't ever star together in anything as far as I know

Oh no, there's a rift between Hana and Sakura

I like how the girls remix are standing on the side going "This is awkward. Let those two work things out on their own"

Nice, Sakura's kick knocked Hana back into her other clothes. Wait, why were they fighting again? Was it Sakamoto's idea for them to appear naked in their mind fihgt?

Aguilera's dress is the best, but her evil form is alright too. No surprise that Weekend's ridiculous outfit comes last

Oh, Tsukuyomi will be in the next one. LOL, I kind of prefer this look, even though they're t rying to give her the Tsukyomi hair style from Zi-O

So with that, we're just missing OOO, Fourze, and Gaim? Oh and Drive?

Missed a bit of trivia last time, but Yuriko used lilies to identify herself in episode one because yuri is the Japanese word for lily. And hana is the word for "flower", obv

I wonder when this takes place. Is mentions Satellite There, but after Metsubou Jinrai, it's the Satellite network We're?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Jeanne & Aguilera & Girls Remix 02 thread

Post by takenoko »

Just adding some pics to this post

Is it me or is Akiko's actress younger looking than before?

RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

Is is the official spelling.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

Continuity and Placement
  • Kamen Rider Revice: This special takes place after Kamen Rider Revice: The Mystery and Episode 36 but before Birth of Chimera and Kamen Rider Revice: Battle Familia.
  • Kamen Rider Saber: after the events of Kamen Rider: Beyond Generations.
  • Kamen Rider Zero-One: after the events of Zero-One Others: Kamen Rider Vulcan & Valkyrie.
  • Kamen Rider Zi-O: after the events of Rider Time: Kamen Rider Zi-O VS Decade -7 of Zi-O!-.
  • Kamen Rider Build: after the events of Kamen Rider Build NEW WORLD: Kamen Rider Grease.
  • Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: after the events of Kamen Rider Genm vs. Lazer.
  • Kamen Rider Ghost: after the events of Kamen Rider Specter × Blades.
  • Kamen Rider Wizard: after the events of Kamen Rider Heisei Generations: Dr. Pac-Man vs. Ex-Aid & Ghost with Legend Rider.
  • Kamen Rider W: after the events of Kamen Rider Revice: The Mystery.
  • Kamen Rider Stronger: This special takes place after the events of the series.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was better than the first episode. The plot is still weak - it's still a "bad guys want to take over the world" romp - but with an overload of characters there's clearly not going to be room for a nuanced plot. The conflict between Hana and Sakura is kind of obvious as well, but at least the other characters didn't just outright spell it out towards the start of the episode.

Meanwhile the dialog is better; there are no awkward conversations about nothing important this time. Though I suspect that's only the case because there was less dialogue altogether in this episode - with all of the fighting and expositing, it was mostly on autopilot.

Oh hey, the sister is a fake. Who would have thought? :lol:

And I'm glad to see the writing for Kanon is so closely matches her characterization from Ghost. She's here and she does virtually nothing of importance; but she's here! All that's left is an "oniichan!"

The action for this episode certainly felt a lot more on-brand for Sakamoto. Along with even more kicking, fighting unsuited henchmen in that fashion is a pretty regular Sakamoto-ism. Unfortunately, so is that headspace scene where it's implied that the actresses aren't wearing any clothes. :shock: I'm honestly kind of surprised Toei allows it in 2022. Still, the dude does fantastic fight scenes, and the actresses really stepped it up by doing so much of their own fighting here.

Finally, is it me, or does this whole special feel like a promo vehicle for Hana's actress? While her character and Jeanne both get top billing in the title and would technically qualify as the co-leads, everything else about this special makes it clearly about Hana. The plot, the character focus, and most of all the fact that she's the only person in the ED (which they've seemingly shot multiple versions of?!). It makes me wonder of this was part of the actress's contract to get her to sign, or if someone at Toei saw Revice and thinks she has some untapped potential.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:01 pm Ah Akiko, never change
I got a good chuckle out of that. If nothing else, they got that bit of Akiko's personality correct; she does not stay put.:lol:
It's nice of the guards to use melee weapons considering one of hte invaders is just straight up using a sword lol
Hey, a sword is a melee weapon too!
Was it Sakamoto's idea for them to appear naked in their mind fihgt?
Given that these sorts of things only seem to happen in Sakamoto productions, yeah, I have to assume it's his doing.
I wonder when this takes place. Is mentions Satellite There, but after Metsubou Jinrai, it's the Satellite network We're?
Don't think about it too hard, or you'll pop a blood vessel.

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:23 pm Just adding some pics to this post
Is it me or is Akiko's actress younger looking than before?
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03fd757db2e ... dc3ec1.jpg
Uhh yeah, she looks to be about 15 there. Whereas in the special she looks like an age-appropriate early-30s.

Surely that isn't a recent picture? Just taking a look at it, I would assume it's a promo shot from early in her career.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

How is it believable that they recognized Aguilera to be Hana even though she's been missing for over 10 years....

So Hana isn't allowed to do a DNA test to confirm whether Yurilo is her real sister or not?

Have we ever seen Reika fight out of suit before? Cuz I genuinely don't remember.... So I'm really enjoying her fight scenes in this special.

I'm loving the fact that despite not transforming, Sawa is fighting too! She should've gotten more fight scenes. And it's cool that she was paired with Kanon and Akiko since Taki Yukari had guest roles in both Ghost and the Accel movie. And Akiko is acknowledging it her appearance in the Accel movie... Lol. I don't get why Sawa is the only one got a change of clothes in the same episode, though.

I like that they took the Kagerou route with Hana's demon. I wish we saw more demons of Revice's characters... It would've been so much more fun than having a giant stuffed animal at least...

Out of all the female Rider suits in Revice, I like Aguilera Black's design the most.

the scene where they cut to Sakura and Hana are fighting out of suit in the middle of their fight - I don't understand the purpose it serves in the plot. And why do all these girls even listen to Sakamoto when he tells them to do all these... They all know it serves no real purpose... Can't they just say no? Or do they all get brain washed into doing this?

Looking forward to the big fight in the next episode. Wish this special had more episodes and hopefully some more returning Rider girls...
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:01 pm Oh that's Taki Yukari? She looks great. I missed her long hair in Build. Why does Akiko say she recognizes Kudo Mio? They don't ever star together in anything as far as I know
I thought she was talking about Taki Yukari when she said one of them looks familiar.... Lol, this is so confusing...
ViRGE wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:45 am Finally, is it me, or does this whole special feel like a promo vehicle for Hana's actress? While her character and Jeanne both get top billing in the title and would technically qualify as the co-leads, everything else about this special makes it clearly about Hana. The plot, the character focus, and most of all the fact that she's the only person in the ED (which they've seemingly shot multiple versions of?!). It makes me wonder of this was part of the actress's contract to get her to sign, or if someone at Toei saw Revice and thinks she has some untapped potential.
It's not just you. I also thought that out of "Jeanne and Aguilera" Aguilera got majority of the focus. So they probably didn't need to include Jeanne in the title. In fact, they should've officially called it only "Kamen Rider Girls Remix", omitting Jeanne and Aguilera completely. But it's maybe fair that Hana is getting more focus. She had a supporting role in the series while Sakura was more of a main character. So they don't have much story to give her in this spin-off other than some problems with Hana.
And about the ED- the EDs for the first 2 episodes are taken from the Riot in Bloom music video, which is around 4 minutes long. So go check out the MV. It's pretty good.
Either way, I'm not complaining. Because both the focus on Hana in this special and the MV are both better than whatever they would've done with Sakura.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

[
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:01 pm Oh that's Taki Yukari? She looks great. I missed her long hair in Build. Why does Akiko say she recognizes Kudo Mio? They don't ever star together in anything as far as I know
I thought she was talking about Yukari Taki when she said one of them looks familiar.... Lol, this is so confusing...

I figured it out, it's because her actress was the girl in the Accel spin-off
ViRGE wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:45 am Finally, is it me, or does this whole special feel like a promo vehicle for Hana's actress?
Is Hana's actress Toei's new Yodonna?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:20 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/Cip-p7rpyFz ... A2ZDJiZGQ=

What devil's deal did Akiko make
Oh probably the usual thing; drink the blood of the innocents, play loud music in reverse, etc. :lol:

Or more likely, she's just won the genetic lottery. She already starts from an advantaged position due to her race, so anything else will compound on that.

Still, she definitely looks noticeably older than she did in W. Though if only because she doesn't look like a kid anymore.
ViRGE wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:45 am Surely that isn't a recent picture? Just taking a look at it, I would assume it's a promo shot from early in her career.
And while we're on the subject, I was right about this as well. That picture is from no later than 2012, as that's the year it was added to the Kamen Rider wiki. So it's at least 10 years old, and almost certainly older than that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, so that is an old pic. That's pretty weird to use such an old picture for promotion stuff. I just assumed that wasn't done
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:12 pm Ooh, so that is an old pic. That's pretty weird to use such an old picture for promotion stuff. I just assumed that wasn't done
I agree, it's very odd to see that used anywhere at this point. Where exactly did you see it?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:12 pm Ooh, so that is an old pic. That's pretty weird to use such an old picture for promotion stuff. I just assumed that wasn't done
I agree, it's very odd to see that used anywhere at this point. Where exactly did you see it?
It's the pic they're using to promote Girls in Trouble Remix version
https://tokusatsu-fc.jp/files/news/0135/
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, I've definitely seen old promotion shots used. A lot of times the agencies have one and only one picture they allow shows/websites to used to depict their clients.

Most egregious one I've seen is of Aida Shuuji from comedy group Sanshirou. Here's his promotion picture from probably 15 years ago (he's on the right)

This is how he looks now:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:06 pm
ViRGE wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 pm I agree, it's very odd to see that used anywhere at this point. Where exactly did you see it?
It's the pic they're using to promote Girls in Trouble Remix version
https://tokusatsu-fc.jp/files/news/0135/
Interesting.

So I need to backtrack on what I wrote earlier. It turns out the Kamen Rider wiki lied to me; or at least, Fandom's MediaWiki configuration did.

If you replace an image within a Wiki with a new image of the same name, that new image takes priority on both current and historical copies of a page. In this case, "Hikaru Yamamoto.jpg" was updated on the KR wiki in February 2022, but if you go back and look at pages as far back as 2012, you get the old version of the page with the current image. Hence the reason I thought it had been around for a decade.

There is a proper file history page, but you can only access it if you have a Fandom account. So it's not visible to normal users: https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/File ... ilehistory

And that shows that a much different picture was used in 2012: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kamen ... 0226010855

Of course, no one documented where the Feb 2022 picture came from. It predates the TTFC announcement by 5 months, so it came from somewhere. I can only assume an agency.

So yeah, we're back to square one-and-a-half here. That does seem to be the current photo that's being sent around, but there doesn't seem to be a great way to date it. The best I can come up with is that TinEye reverse image search has an instance of it from 2018; so it's definitely not taken recently. Even then, I simply cannot believe it was taken any time in the last decade.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

The case of the Akiko profile photo

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah our wiki works the same way

I scrolled up to Luna's post and was wondering which toku that old dude was from

So put on your internet sleuth hat because I've been doing some sleuthing. Mental note go back and change first sleuth to something else to not repeat the word

When searching up Yamamoto Hikaru in Google Japan I found this page as one of the top results:
https://thetv.jp/person/1000066256/
THis is potentially one of the places Toei got the photo. In this one, you can see that the photo has the Amuse agency watermarked on it. But on her Japanese wiki profile, she's not a part of that agency anymore. (And I notice in the Rider wiki she left the agency in 2020)

So just go to her Japanese wiki page, pull up a history from 2019 and bam, you've got her now deleted profile page from when she was at Amuse:
https://artist.amuse.co.jp/artist/yamamoto_hikaru/

Toss it in the Internet archive and here we go:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190322061 ... to_hikaru/

We can even use the timeline to see that the pic goes back as far as 2017 (She has a different profile pic in 2015 which makes her look older oddly enough). So while not from this year (it's at least 5 years old) it's not like 10 years old at least

Omake:
I totally thought her acupuncturist was Kaidou:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9mUwHmHW5i/

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”