Jeanne & Aguilera & Girls Remix 03 thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Jeanne & Aguilera & Girls Remix 03 thread

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 pm
ViRGE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm We've seen that actress without the wig in her Asuna persona. Even then, I was hard pressed to identify her as part of the group. She looks soooo different.
Ass wha?
Asuna. Poppy's serious nurse persona.

resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

My question is: Can Tsukuyomi join the Futo private investigators? She could go back into time to see what happened, but sometimes even seeing what happened is not enough to fully understand the crime ...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 pm
takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 pm

Ass wha?
Asuna. Poppy's serious nurse persona.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. /me tries to remember this this person did anything
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I have a mixed reaction for this one. Loved the awesome fight scenes. But some other things were... 😐😑😶
I wish they got Misora from Build, despite her not being very resourceful.
But I could say the same for Kanon since she seems like she didn't transform at all. So she doesn't serve any purpose other than just... being there. And maybe an out of suit fight sequence. Also, I haven't watched Ghost. And I wanna ask, has Kanon always been this strong or is only the "after-Sayo" Kanon strong?
Loved that even Sawa and Akiko got some fight scenes...
I am loving Tsukuyomi's outfit... Did she have any cool outfits like this in the series, other than the white dress(es) she usually wore?
So, in Yua's absence, Is clrealy takes the prize for best transformation sequence and fight scenes... I also love the Zero-Two driver because unlike other female Rider drivers, it's not smaller than the drivers used by male riders in her season. The design is cool too. She definitely deserved that TTFC award she received last year for the most memorable scene.

I didn't get the point of that random photoshoot at the end... Kinda contradicts the whole "strong female KR" thing by reducing these (let's say, strong female) characters to pretty faces posing for the camera in cute dresses...
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm lol at those masks.for these neo shocker mooks.
I was really weirded out to see that they actually showed us the foot soldiers putting on those masks.
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm More Zero-Two action alone justifies this special lol
Really makes you wish we saw Is use that more than once in 01, especially in the tv series.

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm Seeing all these Rider designs together makes you appreciate designs over the years. Which sort of makes me scratch my head whenever I look at Jeanne and Aguilera
True, the recent female Rider suits have been pretty nice, excluding the ones you already mentioned. But I do think that the Black Aguilera suit looks somewhat decent since the black and grey color combination suits that design.

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm Oh, is that Poppy with long hair? She looks so much better not wearing that pink wig
I'm surprised you are only realizing this many years after Ex-Aid has ended. 🤣

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm Noa has hair long enough to do As without a wig
I'm not sure if you already know this or not, but since you mentioned it, I'd like to point out that even during the run of the 01 tv series, As's hair was Noa's hair in its actual length. Instead, she portrayed Is wearing a much shorter wig. Or at least, that's the impression I got when I checked her Instagramnwhen she wrapped filming the tv series.

takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:25 am I mean were any of the music videos any good
You can check them out here for yourself... https://choueiyuusubs.wordpress.com/202 ... ideo-batch
ViRGE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm Though an argument could be made that using Zero-Two against those poor mooks is just a bit unfair.:lol:
Are you saying that Zero-Two is stronger than Valkyrie? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that either, I haven't finished watching 01 from the beginning.
ViRGE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm And I'm glad they identified all the characters at the end. If not for that, I would not have been able to identify a good half of them (and especially not Tsukuyomi), despite the fact that it's a fixed pool of 10 actresses. It really goes to show how important their costumes are in identifying the characters. :shock:
Just goes to show that female characters in KR don't have much of a variation in their wardrobe.... 😐😑😶
ViRGE wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm Is KirameiPink really in the tall camp as far as the girls go?
At 5'5", yeah, it would seem so. Her height kind of gets downplayed a bit, since normally she's the shorty as Toei's male actors are much taller.
I always thought she seemed tall, though; whether Sayo's standing next to the short Sena, or the comparatively taller guys in Kiramager, Shiguru or Takamichi.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Also, I haven't watched Ghost. And I wanna ask, has Kanon always been this strong or is only the "after-Sayo" Kanon strong?

Luna didn't force me to watch Saber x Ghost, so I didn't see what happened in that series

>I am loving Tsukuyomi's outfit... Did she have any cool outfits like this in the series, other than the white dress(es) she usually wore?

She wore the white dress almost exclusively, or some variety of it

>I didn't get the point of that random photoshoot at the end... Kinda contradicts the whole "strong female KR" thing by reducing these (let's say, strong female) characters to pretty faces posing for the camera in cute dresses...

Just an excuse to do a photoshoot and sell those photos

>True, the recent female Rider suits have been pretty nice, excluding the ones you already mentioned. But I do think that the Black Aguilera suit looks somewhat decent since the black and grey color combination suits that design.

I just hate the lady Revice suits, since they all look like they were made in an hour brainstorming session after they finished doing the brother's suits. "Hey, people like the sister character, maybe we should turn her into a Rider" "Yeah, give her some generic thing and we'll decide on her theming later. DOne!"

>I'm surprised you are only realizing this many years after Ex-Aid has ended. 🤣

I think it's a testament to how different she looks with long hair. Even in her guest appearance in Ghost she had short hair

>I'm not sure if you already know this or not, but since you mentioned it, I'd like to point out that even during the run of the 01 tv series, As's hair was Noa's hair in its actual length. Instead, she portrayed Is wearing a much shorter wig. Or at least, that's the impression I got when I checked her Instagramnwhen she wrapped filming the tv series.

I think I knew that in the back of my head, but it's always good to get a reminder

>Are you saying that Zero-Two is stronger than Valkyrie? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that either, I haven't finished watching 01 from the beginning.

Zero-Two is basically Zero-One's ultimate form

>Just goes to show that female characters in KR don't have much of a variation in their wardrobe.... 😐😑😶

Eh? Seems like a weird point to take away from that statement? The fact that they're more recognizable based on their outfit shows how iconic their clothing were in the show. Like maybe Sawa dressed like a normal person, but otherwise everyone else had a pretty distinct look
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm Luna didn't force me to watch Saber x Ghost, so I didn't see what happened in that series
But I did watch the Saber x Ghost special and not the Ghost series. That's why I'm asking, 'Was Kanon portrayed as a strong character in Ghost, like she is portrayed as a strong character in the Saber x Ghost and Girls Remix specials?
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm Just an excuse to do a photoshoot and sell those photos
They are making a photo book to sell on the occasion of this special?! 😮😵😱
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:25 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm Oh, is that Poppy with long hair? She looks so much better not wearing that pink wig
I'm surprised you are only realizing this many years after Ex-Aid has ended. 🤣
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm I think it's a testament to how different she looks with long hair. Even in her guest appearance in Ghost she had short hair
I was actually talking about "Matsuda Ruka looks better without the pink wig" part.... 😅 That wig ruins her face. Even her Asuna persona looks soooooo much better compared to Poppy.
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm Zero-Two is basically Zero-One's ultimate form
Huh? You mean they gave 01's ultimate form away to Is?! If I had been offered to live in 01's Toku world forever, I would've accepted that offer in an instant...
Zero-Two's form design is pretty basic compared to some of the recent ultimate main Rider forms. But that's exactly why I like it and hate those other ultimate rider forms.
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm >Just goes to show that female characters in KR don't have much of a variation in their wardrobe.... 😐😑😶

Eh? Seems like a weird point to take away from that statement? The fact that they're more recognizable based on their outfit shows how iconic their clothing were in the show. Like maybe Sawa dressed like a normal person, but otherwise everyone else had a pretty distinct look
Allow me to elaborate on that. Iconic clothing doesn't have to be limited to one outfit (or in Tsukuyomi's case, some similar variety of it) for 50 episodes. Distinct clothing style for a (female) character could be made with a bunch of outfits throughout the season.
Let's take Sayo for example, since Kudo Mio appeared in this special too. Despite the Kiramagers having a team uniform which they wore for 60-75% of the time in the series, Sayo had a number of outfit changes in the series, even though some of them were not properly visible for her lab coat. And it is a clothing style distinct to her character. Her mature, sophisticated taste is reflected in the kind of clothes she wears. In that way, you could say that her clothing was similar to Sawa. But we could say that it was due to their similar personalities. Although, I still think Sayo's clothes were still distinctive.
And that wasn't the same case for some older KR seasons. I'm not saying Sentai has an iconic or distincttive clothing style for every female character, but I think it's boring for me to see a character in the same outfit for every one of the 50 episodes in a season. If it were an actual team uniform, that's a different case, though. But I still prefer to see characters in their civilian clothes from time to time.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh okay. Yeah, Kamen RIder definitely feels a bit more immature in that sense, just swapping their female characters in the one or two uniforms they have rather than giving them some civilian uniforms. It's almost as if more often than not they're just a tool of the story rather than a fully fleshed out character a lot of the times
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:02 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:25 pm Luna didn't force me to watch Saber x Ghost, so I didn't see what happened in that series
But I did watch the Saber x Ghost special and not the Ghost series. That's why I'm asking, 'Was Kanon portrayed as a strong character in Ghost, like she is portrayed as a strong character in the Saber x Ghost and Girls Remix specials?
Good lord no. She was pretty much the incredibly stereotypical damsel in distress and got kidnapped several times. Most of the time her role was to stand on the sidelines looking worried and saying "Oniichan!"

And considering the head writer of Ghost also did Saber, it also calls into question Sabela's oniichan compex. When you have one character with an oniichan complex, that's just how the character was written. When you have two characters, perhaps it's actually the writer who has an imoto complex.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Lunagel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:12 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:02 am
Good lord no. She was pretty much the incredibly stereotypical damsel in distress and got kidnapped several times. Most of the time her role was to stand on the sidelines looking worried and saying "Oniichan!"
Hmmm, then I had the correct idea about her when I saw her in the few episodes of Ghost that I watched... :lol: But that makes me question even more why they gave her this weird transformation and character rewrite (even going as far as making her a Rider) when Saber x Ghost came around. My personal theory is because Kudo Mio had portrayed a much better and stronger character in Sentai just around the same time and showed better acting skills that she probably lacked during the run of Ghost. That's probably what made them consider changing Kanon into a slightly modified version of Sayo, or as I like to call it, the "after-Sayo" version of Kanon.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's a likely theory
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I gotta say that Old Lady was pretty power full to take them all on at the end.

Just feel the entire battle kinda lopside with Zero-Two being there.. Isn't she like the Ultimate form of Zero One?

I loved this. It was quite lovely. I always love it when they set aside time to appreciate the lovely ladies we have in Kamen Rider. This was quite a sweet song to them

Also Tsukiyomi has gotten soo cuter since the finishing of Zi-O.

That Model shoot at the end. Oh so very Lovely. SIGHH I want another one of these..

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”