DonBrothers 28 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:25 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: DonBrothers 28 discussion thread

Post by midorininger »

the random CG balloon was wasted money.

"Let's make this showy!"
HOW DARE TAROU USE CAPTAIN MARVELOUS' LINE!? He's unworthy to speak those sacred words!

is the horse part of the new mech? and why is it called enemy fusion? that comes off as a strong hint.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:55 am >Why does the combined mecha need a phantom horse? Is there even a toy associated with the phantom horse?

I think more mecha need horses, but yeah, I guess they didn't want to animate the clusterfuck walking or running around with all its bits
It's a novel way of animating an otherwise un-walkable robo. For as downplayed as DonBro's mecha fights are, I do appreciate the efforts to do something new.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Arigomi wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:26 am - If the last request was to burn the painting, there are far easier avenues to do so than becoming a phantom thief.
Yes burning the building down with the painting would be easier but it would cause so much unwanted destruction. Stealing the painting is a much cleaner way to accomplish the goal of burning the painting.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Haruka's probably one of the only characters where seeing the painter's request as the biggest compliment in the world and slapping him would both be completely in character. Granted, she hasn't slapped anyone in the show to my recollection, but still...

This was one of those episodes where it feels just awkward how how easily things could have been resolved (or at least made more interesting) by sitting down to talk. Being a Hitotsuki isn't great, certainly, but she did legally buy the painting as presented, and they could probably have agreed to knock the Hitotsuki out and give her the painting a lot earlier than they actually did. Speaking of the guest, I actually did a double take at just how formal her Japanese was. I guess it was the asking-for-help aspect, but I don't know if it's also a traditional phantom thief writing style or not? The robot was a little awkwardly placed, but I felt a little less weird about it since we got Jirou's mech in the midst of the episodic mid-season.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Speaking of the guest, I actually did a double take at just how formal her Japanese was. I guess it was the asking-for-help aspect, but I don't know if it's also a traditional phantom thief writing style or not?

I mean the phantom thief trope overlaps with the gentlemen thief trope. The formality of the thief in all ways to contrast to the social transgressions of their actions
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think it's more of portraying her as a rich girl than the phantom thief aspect
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Mxylv wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:20 pm Granted, she hasn't slapped anyone in the show to my recollection, but still...
Haruka has slapped Tsubasa and Jirou at 2 separate instances...
And she needs to slap all the other main male characters (including Sonoza, Sonoi, and Zenkaizer Black) in Donbrothers by the end of the series. The guys and Haruka both deserve the slapping scenes.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HeXaDaast
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Choujuu Sentai Liveman
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Twokaizer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai
Quote: Everything will turn out right, the world is built on that.

Post by HeXaDaast »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:20 pm Besides the explosion, motw's relevance to past sentai?
When Dynaman was in production they planned for one of the villains to be really beautiful, but because they set a really high bar for themselves, they had to end up changing that. In addition, the monster's skin name is a reference to the Dynamen's mentor, doctor Yumeno

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”