Re: KR Geats 02 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

It's more work to cut out than to keep in
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

And as I mentioned, it's part of the episode. Considering Toei keeps it on non-TV versions, they clearly consider it important.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:10 am It's more work to cut out than to keep in
I guess I will trim it out, before I watch the new episode.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Still seriously on the fence with this show, but not hating it (and even secretly exposing two friends to KR by watching it when they're around and hey invariably start watching along).

Ace is very much like Tendo. Total prick, yet always trying to get others to improve themselves and secretly doing his best to hide his good deeds under a cloak of excuses. In a way, it kind of makes me like him more, because I ended up really liking Tendo once certain plot elements began coming to light.

But I do feel like I'm watching a mashup of Garo Versus Road and Gaim. The lounge scene especially felt like the slower early bits of Gaim in the various hangouts. And the gimmicks this season literally look like McDonalds Happy Meal toys. But I guess overall, there's a spark of serious potential here. We know Ace is investigating the Grand Prix, so perhaps he was a detective in his pre-Rider life. Also, the idea that Tanuki wants world peace but has to learn the hard way that peace only comes from self-sacrifice could lead to a very strong character down the road (if TOEI doesn't pull a Ryuki and have him wanting to quit every five episodes, that is).

Still a 4/5 this week, more because a few things piqued my curiosity enough to give it a 3/5 and the iconic Ichigo/Niigo henshin pose complete with original sound effect was worth another point all on its own. Not yet sold on the show but also no hating it. That's proven a good sign more than once in Heisei KR and might well be the case again here.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Thankfully, it was returned to the original video format. It truly does not play on TV even after using a video converter.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”