My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 04 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4 of 5 stars (17 votes)

Just 4 for last week? Pretty surprising since the premise, while basic, is solid, the characters are good, and the visuals have been top notch so far

Neon has a GPS tracker on her. I mean, I guess that makes sense since she literally makes a show about running away from home lol

Didn't take long for Mary to drop the nice guy act

I bet this fight will immediately be stopped right after the opening

Really like the uniforms for the players. What a cool jacket

You know Neon's mom is a bad person when she collects creepy dolls. Running away again, you just got home

Good guys Keiwa and Ace

/me tries to think of the last time a Toei show has held a shot on a person for as long as they did for Neon here

LOL midair transformation

Whoa crazy flip transformation

LOL Keiwa. Only nice to Neon because of his sister. Uh-huh

Got to appreciate Nago's suit actress having a short stature

Man Boost is fun

Really wanted to see Nago smash a zombie with that rocket hammer. Got to love Boost smacking Keiwa as it goes

Cloaked guy's voice modulation is as bad as the bad guys in GIGA shows. They're supposed to rip Toei off, not the other way around!

Been meaning to discuss this, but what do y'all think of Tsumuri? How much is she in control of this game and how complicit is she in everything bad that happens. AI? Real person?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 04 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Firstly I'd just like to say that it bothers me greatly that the episode numbers and the "encounters" don't match up.

Secondly, holy shit. In one episode Neon's mother goes from an overbearing mother to a psychopath who needs to be locked up. Tracking her daughter AND beating her? The fact Neon's not immediately gone to the police is setting a really bad example for kids. That lady has serious mental issues and Neon needs to be as far from her as possible.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Is it going to be a running joke that Tycoon will keep getting the Boost buckle but never got to use it?

They changed the Game Master's mask from ep 1. They also replaced his shot with a torso shot in ep 1 on the TTFC/Youtube streaming site. Rumor has it may look a bit too much like the Kroenen mask from Hellboy. (Source)

Ep 4 / Ep 1

TTFC/Youtube (Ep1)

Hellboy Kroenen
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

Game Master is Ex-Aid thing.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

RobertPal wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:10 am Game Master is Ex-Aid thing.
The Japanese have been calling him ゲームマスター.

Even if that wasn't really his name, the term "game master" just mean the person who runs and moderate the game. It is not an Ex-Aid exclusive thing.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:46 pm Been meaning to discuss this, but what do y'all think of Tsumuri? How much is she in control of this game and how complicit is she in everything bad that happens. AI? Real person?
She so suspicious that I think she will be the final boss of Don Brothers.

That was quite a power up for Neon while being partially a zombie. Was there some scene that they didn't show where she got to read the game's manual? Maybe she watched Kamen Rider Zero-One and realized that for female riders the sky is their friend?

Giroli and Tsumuri are giving me the vibes of Decim and Chiyuki from the anime Death Parade.

So, Kamen Rider Kiss Makeup bites the dust this round?

At least we find out why Neon's mother is so over protective, Neon was kidnapped as a little girl and the kidnappers didn't make Neon draw manga or feed Neon caviar and foie gras.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 am Is it going to be a running joke that Tycoon will keep getting the Boost buckle but never got to use it?
You know what they say, nice guys finish last lol

Oh wow, pretty crazy that the mask got changed like that. Nice catch
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

It is now clear that Ace knows way more about the game than the others. I wonder what he's hiding.
Am I the only one who hates when they switch the upper and lower part of the suit around? The suit moves like a robot, but there is supposed to be a freaking human body in there! That's physically impossible.

Some details about the female rider's past start to unravel. Seems promising.
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:46 pm
Been meaning to discuss this, but what do y'all think of Tsumuri? How much is she in control of this game and how complicit is she in everything bad that happens. AI? Real person?
I believe she's a real person. But she's definitely hiding something. It would not surprise me if she and Ace had some common origin, and decided to take different roles in the game due to different personalities. And yeah... I see she becoming an enemy in the long run.
resop2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:01 pm So, Kamen Rider Kiss Makeup bites the dust this round?
Best definition for that Panda-called polar bear in episode 1-kamen rider.
Last edited by Lunagel on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't double post, edit if you're the last post unless more than 24 hours has passed
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Tokyo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm Am I the only one who hates when they switch the upper and lower part of the suit around? The suit moves like a robot, but there is supposed to be a freaking human body in there! That's physically impossible.
Not if you're an avatar in a video game~

Also, can we give some credit to the Keiwa/Neon scenes? When Keiwa's like "Oh, my sister would be sad if you died". So frigging cute
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I enjoyed this episode, and I'm curious if we'll get to see boosted versions of all of the Armed weapons before the end of the show, or if some of them are just gonna be relegated to console game/Ganbarising exclusives, like some of the Build and Zero-One forms were (identifiable by their appearance on the boxes for their bottles/progrise keys being actual photos of the suit or a cgi rendering)
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:42 am Firstly I'd just like to say that it bothers me greatly that the episode numbers and the "encounters" don't match up.
Won't know for sure until we get deeper into the series, but my theory is that the titles might reflect what game world we're on.

I'm expecting, since we're down to just a handful of Riders this early in the show, they've already established that people can get removed from the game even if they don't outright die (meaning we can whittle the cast down out of nowhere), and we had more than one Rider survive the last game world, meaning we don't even HAVE to kill everyone off before doing a reset, that maybe we'll have multiple instances of "X character wins the game and the world resets" with the audience and characters both learning more about what's REALLY going on with each loop, and each reset will change what the connecting title of the arc is.

given we're still only at the start, there's little to no evidence to support that, though, so still in wait and see mode.

and now for a joke someone showed me related to the preview for next week, in a spoiler box a) because it's preview related, and b) because it's a large image:
Spoiler
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:12 pm
Tokyo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm Am I the only one who hates when they switch the upper and lower part of the suit around? The suit moves like a robot, but there is supposed to be a freaking human body in there! That's physically impossible.
Not if you're an avatar in a video game~

I don't see them as avatars. They are just in a game, but still human. They still save civilians who are not in the game, so they're supposed to be flesh and bones.
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:45 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:42 am

I'm expecting, since we're down to just a handful of Riders this early in the show, they've already established that people can get removed from the game even if they don't outright die (meaning we can whittle the cast down out of nowhere), and we had more than one Rider survive the last game world, meaning we don't even HAVE to kill everyone off before doing a reset, that maybe we'll have multiple instances of "X character wins the game and the world resets" with the audience and characters both learning more about what's REALLY going on with each loop, and each reset will change what the connecting title of the arc is.
Spoiler
The world doesn't really RESETS, does it? The only thing that changes is that the winner's wish comes true. And, I believe everyone's memory is erased after each round, not after each game. But I don't remember this detail very well right now.

And btw... I JUST LOVE THE BARE BEARS REFERENCE! Gosh, that's pure gold!!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's pretty funny Connie, thanks for sharing that with us
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

You're welcome. :3
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

I gave it a 3* because of the first half. IMO too much drama too early.
We're only 4 episodes in, and we 1) don't know and care about Neon enough yet 2) not gonna believe they will kill the only female this early

Also, how did Neon wipe half the horde yet somehow points-wise she's still behind Tycoon, who seems like he can barely fight at all..?

Tokyo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm It is now clear that Ace knows way more about the game than the others. I wonder what he's hiding.
Both him and Buffa. The latter just kept his mouth shut to have zombiefied players wreak havoc out of desperation or something. It's only natural, since they've played the game before
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Mikadius wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:57 pm Also, how did Neon wipe half the horde yet somehow points-wise she's still behind Tycoon, who seems like he can barely fight at all..?
Tycoon got a ton of points during wave 1 from completing the secret mission. Nago was struggling during wave 1. Geats had to tell her that the head is a zombie's weak point. She couldn't put this knowledge into practice because Geats flooded the room to take out all of the zombies targeting her.

Nago didn't get many points during wave 2 because DaPaan betrayed her. Geats saved her, taking out all of the zombies in that area and claiming the associated points.

The crazy part is Nago's sudden burst of fighting ability this episode. In previous episodes her fighting skills seemed equivalent to Tycoon's. She is now able to execute fancy acrobatic moves because she now has a "never give up" attitude.

I'm disappointed with the stereotypical girl's wish Neon wrote down. It also feels out of place in a life-or-death competition.

The portrayal of Neon's relationship with her mother is so hamfisted. I'm confused by how the mother is so traumatized by the kidnapping, but Neon doesn't seem to give it a second thought.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”