Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Re: KR Geats 04 discussion thread

Post by Mxylv »

Decided to jump on and man, outside maybe Zero-One, I don't think I've seen a Rider show with such a strong first four episodes. In a way it feels like Takahashi trying to reimagine Ex-Aid with a few years more experience? (Complete with a few non-writing things like a hip-hop-based OP with the gut-punch-per-week that is the static outed Rider. Could he be a consultant on things like that?)

It's certainly not perfect--Neon's characterization could use a bit more work an an Ep.2 death is a choice I'm mixed on--but the premise is intriguing, our main Rider has some mystery to him (and, much like Donbrothers, isn't our main POV character), and discouraging Rider fights provides a nice way to keep it distinct from the other Battle Royale entries (although it didn't take Gaim long to drop its bike-only fight rule, so I doubt that'll be around forever). Interesting that KR's constant connection-to-evil motif isn't as obvious here as it was in most previous entries; there's bound to be one, but the entries I've seen tend to spell it out more or less by episode one.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Arigomi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 am Tycoon got a ton of points during wave 1 from completing the secret mission. Nago was struggling during wave 1. Geats had to tell her that the head is a zombie's weak point. She couldn't put this knowledge into practice because Geats flooded the room to take out all of the zombies targeting her.
Huh, thanks for reminding. Seems way too generous to give both Boost and a whole bunch of points of a simple secret mission, but that's some explanation at least.
Arigomi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 am I'm disappointed with the stereotypical girl's wish Neon wrote down. It also feels out of place in a life-or-death competition.
And Tycoon is a Nice Guy™ and DaPaan was an angsty teen.
Personality-wise, Geats seems to be the only one with at least some depth to him so far. Though he wished for stardom in the previous game, we assume he has some kind of ulterior motive since he's a mysterious trickster and all that.
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

Mikadius wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:57 pm
Tokyo wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:35 pm It is now clear that Ace knows way more about the game than the others. I wonder what he's hiding.
Both him and Buffa. The latter just kept his mouth shut to have zombiefied players wreak havoc out of desperation or something. It's only natural, since they've played the game before
Yes, but I have the feeling Ace knows something more! Seems like he was involved in the creation of the game or something. I dare to say he knows as much as, or even more than, Tsurumi.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”