My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 05 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.29 of 5 stars (17 votes)

Watch out Keiwa. Tsumuri might come out of the wall to execute you for breaking the rules. Also look at this guy's room. Subtle this show ain't. Besides the two big posters for peace, he has a globe and an effiel tower. What's a SDGS?

Look at Buffa's work friend, he looks like a model with his lipsticks on

How will this show change at the 13 episode mark? I can't imagine empty the opening will be as the players get eliminated

I love the idea of Ukiyo being so petty that he'd hire Buffa just to work on his house

Wait, wait, wait, this new guy isn't a new contestant? Sooo suspicious, Watch your back Mary!

Cackles at Keiwa getting Boost Buckle yet again. God must like mocking him

Damn Nago, stop trying to outdo Wolverine

Aww, Buffa is angsty because his friend died in the squid games

Loved the fight with Geats and Nago teaming up. Nice to get some backstory for Buffa, while also a little more of Keiwa being Keiwa. Good stuff all around and no duds yet
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 05 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 pm Subtle this show ain't. Besides the two big posters for peace, he has a globe and an effiel tower. What's a SDGS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainab ... ment_Goals

SDGs has become a buzzword for "eco-friendly" over the past year-ish. A lot of companies try to advertise saying they're working towards SDGs etc
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

CM

Post by takenoko »

Those Magiki Unicorns sure look a lot like My little Ponies. Don't let Hasbro see y ou with those, DeAgstoni
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

So my initial thought was Mary getting paired with Pumpjack is a way of them killing him off without anyone else, so we can keep the 4 that are obviously being marketed as the major Riders. But if they're gonna be swapping partners next week, who knows? Unless they reroll the pairs and Mary still ends up stuck with Pumpjack anyway.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ok, was suspecting that, while everyone can use any buckle, there was probably going to be an in-universe excuse to keep certain characters themed certain ways for the sake of future power-ups staying on theme. nice to know that's true, and I'm curious if EVERY big buckle gets a paired unit, like magnum and boost, or if there'll be limits to that, and it's just "everyone fights over getting to power up with boost". also curious what everyone's ideal buckles will end up being, and if there'll be ones later that "this would've been ideal for Da Paan or Gen Pin, but they're gone, so now they're just normal for everyone else." or if it'll just be the "main" characters that get them.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I still have a strong suspicion that Neon with get eliminated soon and Ace will throw the game so Keiwa can win and revive everyone. This way they won't have to go through the same stuff with a different cast. Although I wonder if Buffa's friend comes back to life if Buffa will still want to play or if he is too far gone to stop until he gets to crush Ace.

Maybe Ace is trying to create the "perfect team" (like in D&D) to take on the people running the game. Keiwa would be the Cleric, Ace would be the fighter, and Neon would be the Magic User/Thief.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I bet they're going to go for a tie so that no one is on the bottom this time, just to keep this current cast of characters around a bit longer
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:01 pm I bet they're going to go for a tie so that no one is on the bottom this time, just to keep this current cast of characters around a bit longer
That would not be possible unless Neon and Ace are still paired together after the resuffle. If they are paired with anyone else then they would have to have a higher score than their partners. So, if Neon and Ace are still together after the shuffle that would be a tip off towards a tie.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So apparently, the counter hit by PunkJack when Mary hit him was not on the script, it was an ad-lib by the suit actor.

He hit Abe-san (Mary's actor) on the neck and apologize afterwards. Props to Abe-san to go along with it and made the scene much more funny.

Source: https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/geats/6/
サロンで森魚が小突くシーン。
パンクジャックからの無言の反撃は現場のアドリブなのですが、
本番では首元にヒットしてしまうハプニング(それが実際にオンエアに使われています(笑))!あべさんのとっさのリアクションはさすがでしたが…
カットがかかるなり、ごめんねぇ…!とすりすりするパンクちゃんでした。
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:48 am So apparently, the counter hit by PunkJack when Mary hit him was not on the script, it was an ad-lib by the suit actor.
Nice trivia, thanks!
resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:35 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:01 pm I bet they're going to go for a tie so that no one is on the bottom this time, just to keep this current cast of characters around a bit longer
That would not be possible unless Neon and Ace are still paired together after the resuffle. If they are paired with anyone else then they would have to have a higher score than their partners. So, if Neon and Ace are still together after the shuffle that would be a tip off towards a tie.
Well there's 6 Jamatos left, so there's 3 points up for grab, since 1 has already been taken by Ukiyo/Neon. With three teams, even if they try to evenly distribute it, 1 point would be extra, so there's a potential 2-way tie for pair in the lowest tier. But if Ukiyo and Neon are split into new partners, they can carry their point to the new team. If these new pairs each score one point, the last team will need to score two points for a three-way tie
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

I know there's some suspension of disbelief in a kids show but does Buffa really expect to keep doing the same action of killing jamato over and over again trying to get a different outcome? This guy needs to be lectured on the definition of insanity, smh.

Intrigued what's going to happen at the "end game". They obviously not going to keep the same game running for the whole season, with the rate riders' been dropping. So there's a twist coming!

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 pm Also look at this guy's room. Subtle this show ain't. Besides the two big posters for peace, he has a globe and an effiel tower. What's a SDGS?
Lol, I didn't even notice. That ain't subtle all right =)
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:10 pm Look at Buffa's work friend, he looks like a model with his lipsticks on
Yo, it gets super windy on those construction frameworks and he just doesn't want cracked lips maybe?
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:34 am But if they're gonna be swapping partners next week, who knows? Unless they reroll the pairs and Mary still ends up stuck with Pumpjack anyway.
10 bucks say 40 y.o. ojisan will bite it since it's a cool kids show and I'm amazed he even made it that far.
Last edited by Mikadius on Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:19 pm ok, was suspecting that, while everyone can use any buckle, there was probably going to be an in-universe excuse to keep certain characters themed certain ways for the sake of future power-ups staying on theme. nice to know that's true, and I'm curious if EVERY big buckle gets a paired unit, like magnum and boost, or if there'll be limits to that, and it's just "everyone fights over getting to power up with boost".
Now we know why Geats can deploy hidden guns in his bracers while using Magnum. Ace has enough skill with that buckle to unlock that hidden feature. Buffa probably has a hidden feature as well while using Zombie.

It wouldn't make sense of for Boost to have a preferred Core ID since it is a single use power up.
takenoko wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:20 am Well there's 6 Jamatos left, so there's 3 points up for grab, since 1 has already been taken by Ukiyo/Neon. With three teams, even if they try to evenly distribute it, 1 point would be extra, so there's a potential 2-way tie for pair in the lowest tier. But if Ukiyo and Neon are split into new partners, they can carry their point to the new team. If these new pairs each score one point, the last team will need to score two points for a three-way tie
Ace and Neon earned a total of 200 points as a team. If they were split up, I imagine they would each take 100 points to their new team.

The trick to this game was quite obvious to me when Tsumuri described the setup. I was surprised that Ace took so long to figure out this simple gimmick. I guess even the star of the stars can have an off day.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:16 pm The trick to this game was quite obvious to me when Tsumuri described the setup. I was surprised that Ace took so long to figure out this simple gimmick. I guess even the star of the stars can have an off day.
Yeah, unfortunately everyone has kid's show brain, so even smart people need an episode to figure out the super obvious gimmick lol. Takahashi has come a ways since writing Ex-Aid, but he still has a ways to go

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”