My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 06 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.27 of 5 stars (11 votes)

I wonder if Keiwa's logs are going to be important later

I guess I never noticed before in the opening how the beginning and the end parallel each other. Tsumuri approaching Ukiyo in the rain, smiling, and reaching out her hand in the beginning, versus raising a gun at the end

They made a cookie for Neon with her animal logo on it

Are they only just now researching each other. Never noticed before how insanely detailed that phone is

Just a random thought, Keiwa having the Eiffel Tower in his room. The Efiffel Tower kind of looks like an A. A for Ace?

Whelp, Keiwa's doomed. Even his henshin is off

Poor Buffa. He's not actually evil, but he sure attracts creeps. Gotta love the way the guy spits out "Geats" though

Wait what. So Buffa doesn't actually remember the guys killing his friend, sicne he doesn't arrive till after. Then how does he know about them laughing and stuff? These two have been in two Desire Grand Prixs and they haven't talked about this stuff before?

Wow, Buffa is a small guy when he's not wearing his coat

Neat freeze frame

Did Geats just blow away his partner? Oh he missed her somehow

LOL at Tsumuri saying the couples were saved too

Why do I not believe Tsumuri about the losers being sent home

Man, what is this pacing. They're going to have to eliminate one of the Riders that we like next time at this rate

Edit: And another episode where Keiwa doesn't use the boost lol. Something kick ass better happen when he finally does
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 06 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

As expected Mary is gone, so now we're down to the obvious 4, the ones that the marketing has been pushing as the main Riders.
Spoiler
The preview though mentions what happens if ALL of them get eliminated. So I wonder if we're heading to the game being reset by virtue of a draw, where something happens that kills them all.
I'm really curious who our new Rider in January ends up being now. I'm predicting an outsider who's infiltrating the game.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Some fans ramped up the brightness during the scene where the two Riders killed Buffa's friend and discovered their helmets are from previous series.

They are Elephant Amazon from Amazons and Kamen Rider Imperer from Ryuki. Pretty clever reuse of old helmets.

https://twitter.com/mozuamazon_piyo/sta ... 9573940226
Spoiler
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Oh, that's cool. I wonder if this'll be another situation where those masks will get totally redone by the time they show up in the series

Edit:
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:16 am I'm really curious who our new Rider in January ends up being now. I'm predicting an outsider who's infiltrating the game.
Just bring in Keiwa's sister. Everyone gets to be a Rider. Heck, who wants to call Kamen Rider Tsumuri by the end of the series?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:05 am Just bring in Keiwa's sister. Everyone gets to be a Rider. Heck, who wants to call Kamen Rider Tsumuri by the end of the series?
Just don't call her Kamen Rider Tsumuri. I'm tired of Riders just named after the characters. It made sense for Poppy since she was a Bugster, but it's just lazy for the others.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:14 am
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:05 am Just bring in Keiwa's sister. Everyone gets to be a Rider. Heck, who wants to call Kamen Rider Tsumuri by the end of the series?
Just don't call her Kamen Rider Tsumuri. I'm tired of Riders just named after the characters. It made sense for Poppy since she was a Bugster, but it's just lazy for the others.
I say that every time, and feel like a parody of myself when I do it lol
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

If Tsumuri becomes a Kamen Rider then since the Riders are animal themed Tsumuri should be either Rabbit of Dragon.

I am still going with Ace throwing the game and letting Keiwa win just so they they get all the previous riders to live again and remove the reason for Buffa to be so tsundere.

The guy eliminated this week has to come back, so they can have Ace = Warrior, Keiwa = Cleric, Pit Boss = Thief, and Neon = Magic User.

For the next game, one of the grunt kamen riders should be the actor who played Kirame Yellow and have him be a total game newb who is the first person to get blown away.
RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

Morio and Kanato are not dead, They forgot about Desire Grand Prix and got back to their normal lifes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:01 pm If Tsumuri becomes a Kamen Rider then since the Riders are animal themed Tsumuri should be either Rabbit of Dragon.
Why a rabbit or a dragon?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:22 pm
resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:01 pm If Tsumuri becomes a Kamen Rider then since the Riders are animal themed Tsumuri should be either Rabbit of Dragon.
Because Tsumuri's actress Aoshima Kokoro played Alice in Zero -Dragon Blood.
RobertPal wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm Morio and Kanato are not dead, They forgot about Desire Grand Prix and got back to their normal lifes.
True, but all the people who die in the game die in real life, which might add up to 100's by now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:27 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:22 pm

Because Tsumuri's actress Aoshima Kokoro played Alice in Zero -Dragon Blood.
Holy shit. I didn't realize. Glad to see her get some more work. Given how we don't know if Tsumuri is even human or not, her flat way of delivering her lines kind of fits here
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

*acting!*
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:34 pm*acting!*
Yeah, but I think s he deserves a bit of slack for Dragon Blood, since she was like 15-16 in it
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's all fictitious and doesn't matter in the end, but Punk Jack being so useless seems really mean spirited as a game mechanic. Basing a game around duos and then giving someone a partner that can't/won't actually work with anyone is setting them up for failure.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 pm Wait what. So Buffa doesn't actually remember the guys killing his friend, sicne he doesn't arrive till after. Then how does he know about them laughing and stuff? These two have been in two Desire Grand Prixs and they haven't talked about this stuff before?
Yeah, that's a pretty big head scratcher. The audience is seeing this to give us Buffa's backstory (as is necessary), but then the backstory itself doesn't seem to be completely thought-through.
Wow, Buffa is a small guy when he's not wearing his coat
I noticed that as well. He's not really small in that he's decently close in height to the other male leads. But he certainly has a thin build. That coat really does hide it, and even his regular civvies are pretty baggy.

Now if you want small overall, Nago's actress is clearly tiny. She must be a foot shorter than Ace, given that she barely makes it up to his shoulders. (Which makes it comical when their transformed versions are standing next to each other and are within a couple of inches in height)
Neat freeze frame
That was really well done. And I'm not entirely sure how they pulled it off. It didn't seem like the riders were rendered, but it seems unlikely that they were just holding stiff; Mary's pose didn't seem stable, and then there was the jamoto bent backwards...
LOL at Tsumuri saying the couples were saved too
Well at least for the moment they're supposed to be heroes. So someone needs to be telling the newbies that the civilians are safe.
Why do I not believe Tsumuri about the losers being sent home
Because she seems just a bit too happy with all of this.

Preview
Spoiler
Oh gee, a green raise buckle. I wonder who that will eventually belong to? :lol:
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

What a random lowering of stakes by saying the losers just get back to their lives. So much for the tragic scenes with thanos-snapping effect and all

Huh, the boost buckle is actually "meant" for everyone after all. I was kinda complaining how it's portrayed as a powerful bonus for anyone who can nab it, yet seems so obviously tailored to geats, summoning fox and all. Now we can see it actually switches animals depending on the user, apparently.
(though IRL toy buckle shares the same design and light-up pattern with revolver so they're obviously match together better compared to other buckles)

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 pm Wait what. So Buffa doesn't actually remember the guys killing his friend, since he doesn't arrive till after. Then how does he know about them laughing and stuff? These two have been in two Desire Grand Prixs and they haven't talked about this stuff before?
I think he could see the guys from the distance and could hear them laughing in the background when he got there maybe..?
But yeah, the editing makes it look like he actually missed them doing the very evil he's now set on avenging.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 pm I wonder if Keiwa's logs are going to be important later
IMO it's there just to make episode recap more reality show-style
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 pm Why do I not believe Tsumuri about the losers being sent home
I wasn't going to as well, but then the ending card said it so it must be true <_<
ViRGE wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:08 am It's all fictitious and doesn't matter in the end, but Punk Jack being so useless seems really mean spirited as a game mechanic. Basing a game around duos and then giving someone a partner that can't/won't actually work with anyone is setting them up for failure.
For real, tho. I thought he was useless in the first half since he expected his partner to do the figuring out of the gimmick, but now he outright refused to cooperate. Kinda BS for a round that requires cooperation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”