Taro and Sonoi

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Taro and Sonoi

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

So at this point can we call Taro and Sonoi a gay couple? The way these two have been acting around each other all season from Taro asking Sonoi out for Oden to the literal heartbreak you can hear in each other voices when they realize that they are enemies to each. It's becoming really hard to ignore

In addition there's the lyrics to Tsuki Nomizo Shiru which has a very prominent subtext and the fact that P-Bandai is selling Taro and Sonoi paired wedding bands
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Taro and Sonoi

Post by takenoko »

It's a bit fun for the writer to be in on shipping. I don't know if that was the original intention between the two characters, but you can definitely see him leaning into it
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

CaptainTalon449 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:17 am and the fact that P-Bandai is selling Taro and Sonoi paired wedding bands
Wait. What?! :shock:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:45 pm
CaptainTalon449 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:17 am and the fact that P-Bandai is selling Taro and Sonoi paired wedding bands
Wait. What?! :shock:
https://twitter.com/BANDAIFN/status/1577493911979057154

They're not marketed as wedding bands (only like $100 so a bit cheap for that) and to be fair they've had paired rings before for Wizard/Beast, the Ws, Build/Cross-Z, OOO/Ankh, Ryuki/Knight etc. However, this is the first time the characters the rings are based on are outright enemies/rivals (also the first Sentai paired ring iirc)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The ridiculous variety of merchandise that Bandai manages to come up with blows my mind.

I don't understand the market at all. But clearly someone must want it if they're making it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah idk, sometimes it seems like they just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Meanwhile they still haven't made the Enter goggles I crave so much *me taps watch meaningfully*

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”