No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 07 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:55 pm That's German. A real Roman coin would say IM for imperator but other than that it's pretty similar

Sorry to be pedantic, but the German would be Kaiser, not Kaisar. I haven't spent 2 years moaning about Toei writing "Zenkaizer" for nothing, dammit! My German and Italian degree needs to count for something! It's worthless if I can't correct the spelling of "Kaiser". It's up there with me correcting the people who write "Mama Mia" in my favourite hobbies.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Wow, 7 episodes in and there're already 3 "tragic voids" in place of riders in the opening. Must be the fastest-changing OP in KR history.

Even if that was real masturbation, the biggest offence would still be the sister barging into the room without knocking <_<

I thought ninja props from childhood in the foreground were a nice, subtle nod, but then they had to go ahead and make it the opposite of subtle.

Previous Game was said to have lasted for 6 month or something, but this one is almost over just ~1.5 month in? Did the Jamato suddenly quardupled down on their efforts or is the flow of time does not correlate with the real worlds, unlike in other sentai/kr..?

It is okay in Japan to run up to a celebrity and scream with exitement in their face? That would be rude anywhere, and I would think even more so in the ol' Nippon with their focus on not making a fuss in public (from my understanding)

Geats is that one anti-fun player who spends way too much time in the game so they inevitably end up curbstomping every other player who actually engages in other activities besides this one game.

Not sure why Keiwa was that angsty with Ace there. Geats did plan to save the world just as he said, so I don't think he even lied to him this time, really

resop2 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:22 pm If the Jamato hasn't been beaten before why was Ace so sure that Ninja would defeat it?
I mean, ninjas be sneaky and this boss was specifically explained as not someone to fight head-on
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:20 pm
Sorry to be pedantic, but the German would be Kaiser, not Kaisar. I haven't spent 2 years moaning about Toei writing "Zenkaizer" for nothing, dammit! My German and Italian degree needs to count for something! It's worthless if I can't correct the spelling of "Kaiser". It's up there with me correcting the people who write "Mama Mia" in my favourite hobbies.
Lol nah I knew it was misspelled, just German is the only language I know where the derivative of Caesar is spelled with a k. (Although Wikipedia says the Greek has a k too, interesting) Be pedantic! Moan at Toei's romanizations not making sense! We do that a lot here XD
Mikadius wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:44 pm It is okay in Japan to run up to a celebrity and scream with exitement in their face? That would be rude anywhere, and I would think even more so in the ol' Nippon with their focus on not making a fuss in public (from my understanding)
Depends on the celebrity and event, but it's definitely exaggerated here
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Whoops I was looking at the Greek version
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:01 am Keiwa's sister is insane.
It's in her blood. She is the actual sister of OniSister after all.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

resop2 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:22 pm And, if Ace has been playing for 2022 years, why does he have a hang up about never treating other riders as comrades? It's not like some rider is going to beat him by luck.
He probably doesn't want to get too attached to anyone that he will likely never see again. He's been participating in the DGP for so long that he probably has seen so many Riders come and go through various means. It is pointless to try to form any bonds that won't last. Manipulating people gets the same results and doesn't leave him emotionally vulnerable. The overall situation must be incredibly lonely for him.

Michinaga's arrogance is almost hilarious. Demanding the Boost Buckle from Keiwa was so absurd. He hasn't won any of the games (at least in this cycle) but is still confident that he can take out the final boss. The final boss easily repelled his sneak attack while in its weakest form. Tsumuri even told them a direct attack won't work, but Michinaga stubbornly argued that enhanced speed from the Boost Buckle would work. The final boss has two heads. It doesn't have a blind spot you can take advantage of through sheer speed.
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

Mikadius wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:44 pm Even if that was real masturbation, the biggest offence would still be the sister barging into the room without knocking <_<
Telling an asian mother to knock before entering her child's room is a bigger offense in asian countries. You're gonna get a sandal to the head!

Yeah. She's the sister but I guess its actually not unusually for family members to enter their sibling room without knocking in some asian countries.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Japan seems to be more open about matured content and I for one welcome more of these type of jokes. Kamen rider isnt for kids :P
resop2 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:22 pm If Ace has been playing the game since 1 AD, probably multiple times a year, then if Keiwa gets his wish and brings back all the fallen riders they might fill up several stadiums. Also a good number of them wouldn't know what was going on since they died over a thousand years ago.

And, if Ace has been playing for 2022 years, why does he have a hang up about never treating other riders as comrades? It's not like some rider is going to beat him by luck.

Is Neon Ace's great to the 101th power granddaughter?
I'm also confuse about the timeline and looking forward to get more answers for this. Hopefully there is some coherence to it.
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:14 amThe bodyguard actors are clearly having a lot of fun with their roles, props dudes.
Just learned that "John" (the white guy) is played by local hero Avalon. Always nice when local hero figures find their way onto one of the big three
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Mxylv wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:05 am
Lunagel wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:14 amThe bodyguard actors are clearly having a lot of fun with their roles, props dudes.
Just learned that "John" (the white guy) is played by local hero Avalon. Always nice when local hero figures find their way onto one of the big three
Isn't he played by Tom Constantine?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

msf232 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:04 amIsn't he played by Tom Constantine?
Huh, that is him; that's weird...

Okay, looked it up and he's done some stunt work as Avalon (~13 seconds in), but no idea who the full-time suit/voice is
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”