DonBrothers 34 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
10%
☆☆☆
30%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 34 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 3.86 of 5 stars (7 votes)

LOL at the Nouto for asking Sonoi to return to normal

<Lunagel> DonBro is oddly dubbed again this week

Yeah no kidding. I don't know if I've ever noticed it being so obvious in recent years

This DekaRanger monster sucks since he doesn't immediately say delete complete or whatever and got you lol

What a cool design though, two tongues? Maybe should have had three if it's supposed to be cerberus?

Jirou is sick? Does he have the vid?

Tsubasa has a lot of tolerance for being this sure that this lady is his girlfriend without saying anything about it

Oh shit, he said her catchphrase. I like that the show reminds you of this thing that would be obvious if you've seen the rest of the show. Why doesn't Tsuyoshi catch on to this? He's heard her say it too

Whoa weird callback with the guest

So does Miho have all of Natsumi's memories? Why didn't she recognize him at first? Here's the weird dubbing agian

Sononi's dress is cute

Why does he have so many seats for his little stall lol. When you run into your boyfriend while you're with your friends and he's bringing his family around

Was this old man a guest in a previous episdoe? If I recall, it was Tsuyoshi in disguise last time, wasn't it?

It bothers me the Nouto order items representing 0, 3, and 4

Tarou creating the monsters again

At least we get Sonoi classic, the original taste that we prefer

I noticed this last week, but can we appreciate how fake Momoi's bouncing on the shrine looks. He's obvious just doing it himself and being edited onto the shrine after

Ah a practical robo ultimate form lol

What's going on with Kijino?

Oh he's been suppressing it. It's nice of him to wait till the end of the episode to do it

Oh, Kijino set him up. This is amazing. Look at that face. So good. Like I had my doubts that Inoue knew what he was doing with Kijino's character, but he's been putting the pieces in place this whole time.

What? We get more of Haruka's aunt too? What an ending. 5 stars

Edit: And blue saying that where there's a second, there's a third was even good foreshadowing. Tsuyoshi still becomes a monster, even if it's not literal. Maybe it could be said he was one all along
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: DonBrothers 34 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, man, this is getting REALLY interesting. considering Miho (or rather the Jyuto within Miho) told Momoi that Jyuto are copies of the person they took, I wonder what happens when Tsuyoshi and Tsubasa both learn this. even more, I wonder if we can have BOTH Miho and Natsumi active at the same time, or if it's a forced one or the other thing, and what that'll mean for this building conflict we're seeing. Tsuyoshi's ALREADY resorted to letting Tsubasa get caught by the cops just to get his wife back. what will he do if he has to face the possibility of her going away forever?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Even Inoue will probably have to explain this at some point, but just how do the Jyuto work? They established previously that the Jyuto clones dying will me the original dies. But how does that work? What's tying the Jyuto to the original person? And where are the originals being stored anyway?

It kind of reminds me of Lupat where the kidnapped people (who were still alive anyway) were just kept on deep freeze for the majority of the series
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Phew... So much to process.... Usually I don't mind being spoiled, but in this episode, I kinda spoiled myself by watching the ending before the entire episode... 😅😶 So that was a bit of a shock...

I have to admit, it was a great episode if I talk about it without bias. But the fact that Tsuyoshi turned Tsubasa in just for Miho was... AWFUL to me. And that thing he said about wanting to be a monster just to get a kiss from Miho... So creepy...
According to the Toei site, there was a scene that got cut where Tsuyoshi was postponing shopping with Miho to help/support Tsubasa in a previous episode... So maybe, just maybe, he isn't a complete monster. But that scene never made the cut and I'm angry at this situation.
Not anymore, other than my disgust for Tsuyoshi until who knows when... 🤷‍♀️ Props to Inoue for writing twisted characters so well.

Btw, does anyone else think that because of all the love triangle drama, Miho/Natsumi feels more like the heroine of Donbrothers instead of Haruka? I'm glad that Haruka isn't involved in anything similar, but this resembles what happened in Kiva too. With all the love triangle drama, Maya and Mio seemed more like the main heroines than Yuri and Megumi.

On the other side of the team, why haven't the 'Nouto' writings on Haruka and Shin'ichi's foreheads disappeared already? I wouldn't mind, since I think the Nouto are better and more enjoyable characters than the Donbrothers in some cases. But Tsuyoshi's writing disappeared which makes me wonder even more why the other writings haven't gone away. Even if it was written with permanent marker, it could've been wiped off easily...

It was fun seeing Tarou and Sonoi sulking when they were told their behavior was similar. I'm at least glad the old Sonoi's back. What the heck was in that mustard...? Did Tarou know that eating mustard would revert Sonoi to his old self?

This was the other 2 Noutos' reaction when they ate the mustard, btw.... :lol: Sourced from the Toei site. Loved Sononi's outfit, she should wear this one all the time.

Wow, that Tsubasa and Natsumi reunion scene was dramatic as heck.... with the music, slo-mo and all... lmao...

Lol at Sonoi pouring and eating all the mustard at once.

The Tokusouki and the Oden shop owner's voice sound so different. The Tokusouki's voice sounds less like the Oden shop owner and more like Shin'ichi.

The final scene was very good and intense. The actors did a great job. But whatever is up with the UMBRELLAS ☂️☂️ behind them?!! Why are there so many umbrellas hung up there like that? They distracted me when I watched that scene, both times.

Dang, the smile is creepier when I think he went from wailing to smiling like that within a few seconds.

Lol, I KNEW it! I knew that Yuriko is going to be put in charge of Tsubasa's case at some point. There's no reason for a fugitive main character and a cop supporting character to coexist in a story if their paths don't cross at some point. Although, I never would've imagined it to play out like this.

So I'm not going to rehash the questions everyone is asking about the Juutos. Mostly because it seems like Tsubasa is gonna find out more about that in the next episode. And I'll wait to find out. We still have 13-15 episodes of this series left to answer the questions. I'm ok as long as they're answered eventually.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm <Lunagel> DonBro is oddly dubbed again this week

Yeah no kidding. I don't know if I've ever noticed it being so obvious in recent years
Filming issues maybe? Although from what I've noticed, it seems that in the recent episodes, the scenes that involve Miho need to be dubbed over... Could it be that when her actress is in Miho's character she talks in a volume that's sometimes inaudible?
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm This DekaRanger monster sucks since he doesn't immediately say delete complete or whatever and got you lol
This monster didn't have any callbacks to Dekaranger other than the sirens on the shoulders and the dog motif... They missed out on so many things. They could've tried to at least add Jasmine's dad jokes since this monster's host is also an old guy...
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Jirou is sick? Does he have the vid?
To me he seems to be struggling with the injuries caused by Don Murasame last time.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Oh shit, he said her catchphrase. I like that the show reminds you of this thing that would be obvious if you've seen the rest of the show. Why doesn't Tsuyoshi catch on to this? He's heard her say it too
It was obvious he was gonna say her catchphrase because they kept showing the flashbacks in which she said it herself.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Whoa weird callback with the guest
I thought that was interesting. Since Tsubasa has no place to stay, it's nice to get an explanation to where he ran off to with Natsumi.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Why does he have so many seats for his little stall lol.
Donbrothers plot convenience....? 😅
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Was this old man a guest in a previous episdoe? If I recall, it was Tsuyoshi in disguise last time, wasn't it?
Thisan wasn't in a previous episode but apparently he's a friend of one of the Donbrothers staff members, according to the Toei site.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm It bothers me the Nouto order items representing 0, 3, and 4
There weren't things over there which represent 1 or 2... So guess that wasn't an option.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 pm Tarou creating the monsters again
Did any of the characters ever address it like Haruka did in this episode? I don't remember.
takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:14 am Even Inoue will probably have to explain this at some point, but just how do the Jyuto work? They established previously that the Jyuto clones dying will me the original dies. But how does that work? What's tying the Jyuto to the original person? And where are the originals being stored anyway?

It kind of reminds me of Lupat where the kidnapped people (who were still alive anyway) were just kept on deep freeze for the majority of the series
I mentioned this similarity in the thread for Donbrothers episode 11.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 am Isn’t the Jyuuto taking the humans’ guise and replacing them in the human world closely similar to the plot from Lupin vs Pat? The mass disappearance, the replacing people are both similar to Lupin vs Pat…
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:31 am Sonoi specifically said that all the people that disappeared in that bus incident are alive in a previous episode. This makes it seem even more like that mass disappearance incident in Lupin vs. Pat.
The difference is that in LvP, when people were turned into disguises for monsters, they would die. But in Donbrothers, the original human only dies when the Juuto who copied the person dies.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Tsuyoshi being excited to kiss his wife implies they've never done it before. Considering he often has the manner of a child, it's not surprising. He would probably giggle himself to death if she ever took her top off.

So are we thinking Tsubasa saying that line triggered Natsumi's personality to come through for a bit, before Miho came back? The thing is, "Miho" is clearly conscious of being a Juto, we've seen it a lot. So presumably she must realise that Natsumi is the girl she's copied.

Kijino selling out Tsubasa is honestly very much in character for him. He murdered a guy once for threatening Miho, he's madly in love with her. We saw not too long ago how he basically harassed her into marriage.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:27 am Tsuyoshi being excited to kiss his wife implies they've never done it before. Considering he often has the manner of a child, it's not surprising.
I would believe Tsuyoshi never kissed Miho before only if the weren't married. Their wedding photos indicate they had their wedding at a church, which means they had to kiss at least once for that occasion. In theory anyways. Their kiss could've very much been interrupted before it happened like how Urara and Hikaru's kiss was interrupted in their wedding episode. And if that's the case then :lol: 🤷‍♀️
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:27 am He murdered a guy once for threatening Miho, he's madly in love with her. We saw not too long ago how he basically harassed her into marriage.
Tsuyoshi's feelings for Miho seems more like obsession than love to me. Like I have a suspicion that he was definitely stalking Miho before she agreed to date him officially. So, his feelings are more like a stalker-level obsession to me at this point. The next episode's preview where he's forcing Natsumi/Miho/Juto copy of Natsumi to be with him again also indicates that.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

An episode definitely worthy of the Doki Doki Love Love Super Mangaka theme even that Haruka only has a minor role. The Nouto get their Sonoi back (being a Gary Stu didn't suit him), Pupper gets Natsumi back, and Tusyoshi shows that if your cannot be a sparkly tragic bishounen in a shoujo manga show then you might as well be a back stabbing evil character.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:05 am The final scene was very good and intense. The actors did a great job. But whatever is up with the UMBRELLAS ☂️☂️ behind them?!! Why are there so many umbrellas hung up there like that? They distracted me when I watched that scene, both times.
It is probably public art in the same style as the Umbrella Sky Project.

I don't understand what Miho sees in Tsuyoshi. His frequent pity parties have gotten real old real fast. I imagine most women would get annoyed and tell him to stop being so whiny. There is a lot of wish-fulfillment going as Miho keeps coddling him.

I'm surprised that Tsubasa ran off with Natsumi after seeing Tsuyoshi staring at them hugging. Instead of having all three of them talk it out, he made the situation worse.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'd run away from Tsuyoshi if I saw him. That guy's nuts!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

tsuyoshis smile when he stabbed Tsubasa in the back was really creepy.
interesting that the udon "de-tarou'd" Sononi but i wonder if he has that as a power up? because he no longer has that red jewel on his chest.
as for Miho/Natsume, remember what she had said before: the cranes writes stories. so she may very well have gotten with Tsuyoshi to make some sort of story. Tsubasa and Tsuyoshi may very well both be victims. for example, what if its her goal to turn Tsuyoshi into a hitosuki? hes turned twice because of his obsession with her. and dont the Jyuto feed on Hitosuki? would make sense if thats the case.

its was REALLY obvious what season the monster was from. the siren sound is so unique.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:33 pm interesting that the udon "de-tarou'd" Sononi but i wonder if he has that as a power up? because he no longer has that red jewel on his chest.
I think it's the mustard that was what fixed him

Sononi is the lady. i = 1, ni = 2, za = 3. My way of remembering is by Momoi and Sonoi both ending in an i sound
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

midorininger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:33 pm tsuyoshis smile when he stabbed Tsubasa in the back was really creepy.
interesting that the udon "de-tarou'd" Sononi but i wonder if he has that as a power up? because he no longer has that red jewel on his chest.
as for Miho/Natsume, remember what she had said before: the cranes writes stories. so she may very well have gotten with Tsuyoshi to make some sort of story. Tsubasa and Tsuyoshi may very well both be victims. for example, what if its her goal to turn Tsuyoshi into a hitosuki? hes turned twice because of his obsession with her. and dont the Jyuto feed on Hitosuki? would make sense if thats the case.

its was REALLY obvious what season the monster was from. the siren sound is so unique.
IIRC the Jyuto feed on the swirly face combatants, not the Hitosuki. But if the Hitosuki can summon swirly face combatants, that might give the Jyuto an easy supply of food other than random meat dishes (are they Jorden Peterson fans?).

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”