Kindaichi Season 4 Episode 4 Discussion Thread

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kindaichi Season 4 Episode 4 Discussion Thread

Post by xiiliea »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Shintani has no alibi? She's escapin'! Get 'er!
Katou is such a cockblocker. Die!!!
So Kindaichi drank the turtle drink and now he's spending a night with Katou. So romantic!
3 guys using the urinals side by side? Isn't that against the urinal etiquette?
So the key to the mystery is Ebisawa's dark hole. Why did no one look at his dark hole earlier?
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Re: Kindaichi Season 4 Episode 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Xelger »

Okay, so when I saw episode 3, my thoughts were this:

I knew the trick involved
Spoiler
the endoscope put in front of the keyhole since they made a big deal of it at the beginning. However, while I thought of it going through the keyhole, I was thinking the eyepiece wouldn't fit, so I thought it went under the door instead, and I thought the thing was longer so the other end could be taped to the door opposite the window to get the proper angle. Unfortunately, it looks like they messed up because from the angle of just sticking out the adjacent door's keyhole, it shouldn't have shown the window with the fake onibi. It's a 90-degree angle from where it needed to point.
That disappointed me.

As for the killer,
Spoiler
I knew who the killer was for the first kill, seeing as he was in that adjacent room when it happened, but I had the motive all wrong and thought there was an alternative mastermind pulling all the strings.
So in the end, the trick's tool was obvious, but I only got one piece of the killer and their actions figured out.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Xelger wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:20 am Okay, so when I saw episode 3, my thoughts were this:

I knew the trick involved
Spoiler
the endoscope put in front of the keyhole since they made a big deal of it at the beginning. However, while I thought of it going through the keyhole, I was thinking the eyepiece wouldn't fit, so I thought it went under the door instead, and I thought the thing was longer so the other end could be taped to the door opposite the window to get the proper angle. Unfortunately, it looks like they messed up because from the angle of just sticking out the adjacent door's keyhole, it shouldn't have shown the window with the fake onibi. It's a 90-degree angle from where it needed to point.
That disappointed me.

As for the killer,
Spoiler
I knew who the killer was for the first kill, seeing as he was in that adjacent room when it happened, but I had the motive all wrong and thought there was an alternative mastermind pulling all the strings.
So in the end, the trick's tool was obvious, but I only got one piece of the killer and their actions figured out.
If you look at the maps when they show it,
Spoiler
Shiina's
room has 2 windows since it was a corner room. That's why just seeing through the inner door could see the onibi.
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Post by Xelger »

I see, and the onibi just happened to be waved around that window since it wasn't a necessity for the original plan. I guess they didn't make it clear enough to me that there was another window with that one being the one the onibi was at.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why are you putting spoiler tags on the episode that we're discussing?

>3 guys using the urinals side by side? Isn't that against the urinal etiquette?

Yes

Wasn't really blown away by the tricks this time, since they felt like echoes of other locked mystery tricks. Most of the fun I had this time was realizing that GoseiRed and Shoutarou were here and seeing how different their actors were. GoseiRed had a good scene before he got murdered

No resolution on whether Ebisawa wakes up or not surprisingly

Thankfully no big sob story at the end explaining the murderer's motivations, since they got that out of the way

A lot of the fun was Kindaichi trying to solve this murder while also trying to make progress on his relationship with Miyuki. And somehow Saki is always involved

Return to “Other Projects”