Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Black Sun 01 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

I didn't see it on my Amazon Prime, but I hear it's out?

Edit NM: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... V7G3QGZUB1
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Re: KR Black Sun 01 discussion thread

Post by Kurow »

OMG! this sounds good. I going to watch it right now
Final Vent!
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Looks good so far. Seems to be going the Amazons route with all the gore, but a little more polish.

Feels kinda similar to an X-Men plot tho.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Having finished all 11 episodes (10+ an episode zero), I have to say this was ALMOST perfect.

The highlights I won't mention specifically, but certain scenes in episode 5, 9, and MOST of episode 10 were amazing. There were parts where I literally felt 30 years younger.

Some of my big pet peeves with Amazons were addressed here, although there was still a lot of "smoke means henshin" going on. It's also a shame that Battle Hopper wasn't sentient, but it's not a huge deal for just how much we got.

However, there was one truly sour note that really hurt the series. There's a certain scene that was added into the epilogue that was in extremely poor taste and tainted the entire message of this series. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to add it, but it almost made me stop watching the moment I realised where they were going with it. It also makes Aoi out to be a terrorist, although I will admit that removing that toxic scene still leaves a lot of questions regarding Aoi and company's motives.

In all honesty, I'd say stop watching the final episode around 25:08 and you'll have a much better experience. The epilogue adds nothing to the story, questions the motives of several characters, and includes that offensive scene that should never have been included or even considered.

Sans epilogue, perfect 5/5. With epilogue, 4/5. With epilogue but minus the offensive scene, 4.8/5.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Ashki wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:29 pm However, there was one truly sour note that really hurt the series. There's a certain scene that was added into the epilogue that was in extremely poor taste and tainted the entire message of this series. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to add it, but it almost made me stop watching the moment I realised where they were going with it. It also makes Aoi out to be a terrorist, although I will admit that removing that toxic scene still leaves a lot of questions regarding Aoi and company's motives.
I think it really drives home the fact that all of the fighting was rather meaningless, if anything, it made things way worse. But I agree, really jarring scene.

Return to “Kamen Rider”