★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Geats 09 discussion thread

Post by Mikadius »

Ya know, I'm starting to appreciate how they weave various kinds of games into those missions. Feels like a bit of sentai found it's way into rider and it may be a good thing, for variety's sake.

That toy phone transformed into a spider for no reason at all since bonus items have always just appeared out of thin air anyways.

Neon seems to fall for the sunk costs fallacy. "Just gotta win" is nice and all, but have they all ever heard of "Live to fight another day"?

Okay, what..? Why did a finisher from a regular buckle suddenly OHKO the boss? No even a double finisher or some smart/unconventional way of using it.
Kinda lame, and after an episode's worth of dramatic buildup too
And did Geats just happen to receive a "you win" card in the egg? What is this rigged gatcha IN THE FINAL ROUND of the game

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:36 pm Oh neat, Neon's taken over for narrating since Keiwa's dead
Ahem, retired
Lunagel wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 am This too is Decade's fault
Onore!
resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:29 pm Will they have a musical interlude with the riders dancing to Flyers by Bradio?
Dang, I wish! If rangers can dance, riders can too!
takenoko wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:49 am >I'm guessing that Ace throwing the egg and nearly dropped it was a blooper the production team decided to keep it in. Thumbs up to the actor to keep going and didn't break character.
It's a nice little gag, but doesn't really fit in with his character as Tendou 2.0
IMO he's a bit less straight-faced than Tendou, being trickster and all. Would be a nice characterisation so show that's sometimes he's just being bigheaded and he's not an absolute gary stu
Last edited by Mikadius on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>That toy phone transformed into a spider for no reason at all since bonus items have always just appeared out of thin air anyways.

I'll take the explanation, since I always thought it was silly that their phone was a spider anyway lol. Like why is W's phone a beetle? It's so random sometimes

>Neon seems to fall for the sunk costs fallacy. "Just gotta win" is nice and all, but have they all ever heard of "Live to fight another day"?

She knows she's a protagonist in a modern kamen rider show lol
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I have to assume Ace's wishes don't stack, otherwise he'd be king of the world by now. Though it does also undermine the whole "getting the world you desire" bit, since it seems to all get undone in a couple of months anyhow.

Oh, and did they change the gamemaster's mask? I don't remember it having red in it previously.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:36 pm Did the lady and baby escape or was it just the dad?
Seeing as how we don't see any of them rescued, I think the implication is that they all perished.:(
These characters aren't super complex, but they're good. Looking at the fumbles in story telling from the last couple of years, it makes me wonder why they can't do something as simple as this
Agreed.
Ooh Buffa has a broken horn
That was a nice touch. I wonder if they're going to keep it that way?
I'm minorly disappointed that Girori is the Game Master
I certainly wasn't expecting it. It's not like we've seen any of Girori's "real" personality anyhow, so there's still plenty of room for insidious machinations on his part.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:07 pm Rereading it, I think this came off as confusing. I meant Geat's Monster form was a bad looking power up.
I'm with you there. The episode is having a nice character moment, and then we immediately cut to what's easily the gaudiest buckle and suit of the series. It is so out of place compared to everything else, both in visual design and sound effects.
Arigomi wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:44 pm That wouldn't explain why Tsumuri was annoyed. The preview hints at a wish that directly affects Tsumuri's life in a way that she doesn't like.
She seems to be personally nonplussed about the wish, rather than outright distraught about it. So I have to assume it's not something truly awful like "Make the world Warhammer 40k", and instead is something more personal involving her. After all, Ace apparently spent years trying to get a date with her.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:50 pm Oh, and did they change the gamemaster's mask? I don't remember it having red in it previously.
They did, Yaiba explains why here: viewtopic.php?p=287429#p287429
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Mikadius wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:26 pm
resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:29 pm Will they have a musical interlude with the riders dancing to Flyers by Bradio?
Dang, I wish! If rangers can dance, riders can too!
They did have a Rider Dance in Saber for the ending credits. Saber seemed like a bad attempt at a Sentai show with Kamen Riders since they couldn't get with the color coding thing down. Also, they had the girl pal in the ending dance and didn't make her a sentai. Nor did they add the newer Riders to the ending dance as they joined.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:50 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:07 pm Rereading it, I think this came off as confusing. I meant Geat's Monster form was a bad looking power up.
I'm with you there. The episode is having a nice character moment, and then we immediately cut to what's easily the gaudiest buckle and suit of the series. It is so out of place compared to everything else, both in visual design and sound effects.
For some reason it reminds me of the Gundam Maxter, the American Gundam that's both a cowboy, surfer, boxer, whose chest pops off to reveal mecha pecs and giant shoulders become boxing gloves

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/GF13-006 ... Maxter.jpg
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:24 pm >That toy phone transformed into a spider for no reason at all since bonus items have always just appeared out of thin air anyways.
I'll take the explanation, since I always thought it was silly that their phone was a spider anyway lol. Like why is W's phone a beetle? It's so random sometimes
What I mean is it didn't achieve anything by doing that. W's gadgets would usually help him in some way when they busted out their toy gimmick
resop2 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:50 pm They did have a Rider Dance in Saber for the ending credits. Saber seemed like a bad attempt at a Sentai show with Kamen Riders since they couldn't get with the color coding thing down. Also, they had the girl pal in the ending dance and didn't make her a sentai. Nor did they add the newer Riders to the ending dance as they joined.
Oh yeah, I totally blanked out on that. Saber was a bit all over the place with the tone sometimes, I mostly remember it as the most TEH DRAMA rider show I've watched.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if Ace's wish was for a world where Tsumuri also has to be a Kamen Rider. They have already had a DGP staff member be a Kamen Rider (Punk Jack) so Tsumuri could play along, although she would rig the game so her life would not be on the line.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”