Various trailers released

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Various trailers released

Post by takenoko »

Discussion thread for
Hurricaneger 20th Anniversary promo
Abaranger 20th Anniversary promo
Shindai Reika Marriage promo
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Various trailers released

Post by ViRGE »

20 years after? Huh. I can't say I saw that coming. Outside of things like Gokaiger, Toei's never shown any real interest in series that old before now.

It's cool that they're able to get the actors back. I just hope they have an interesting story to tell. Hurricaneger 10 Years After wasn't especially good, IIRC.

Though the lead times on these announcements is ridiculous. Announcing something that won't be in theaters for another 9 months - and on home media for a year. Almost a year and a half in Aba's case! Toei could have easily waited another 6 months before announcing anything.

(And call it a hunch, but I don't think Sabela's wedding is going to go well :( )
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's more a case of "oh shit, better announce a 20th anniversary for hurri before the year ends" than anything lol

I feel like Deka 20 years after is a lock for sure

Yeah, I hope the 20 year after stories are better. I wasn't wowed by the 10 years after for deka or hurri, as much fun it was to see familiar faces

>(And call it a hunch, but I don't think Sabela's wedding is going to go well :( )

It's worrying that it's like 5 seconds long. But the pervert tanuki episode was kind of fun, so I'm hoping for more of that energy. Hurray for incest!
TheDarkApprentice
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by TheDarkApprentice »

When it comes to the Abaranger movie, i am postitively stoked to see it. Abaranger was my first sentai that I ever watched to the end even though subbers back then that hosted the series were half-a$$ed and were guessing a lot. Dekaranger was the first properly subbed sentai i watched and I found that here.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

SUPER excited for the Abaranger film, even more so since Shout! Factory is gonna be releasing it on DVD this month!!!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:42 am I feel like Deka 20 years after is a lock for sure
Oh definitely. Deka is their golden child of the 00s. If they're doing 20th anniversary movies, that's the one Toei is going to go the farthest to make happen.
It's worrying that it's like 5 seconds long. But the pervert tanuki episode was kind of fun, so I'm hoping for more of that energy. Hurray for incest!
The fact that I know exactly what you're talking about, despite the fact that it's not even the right franchise, says something about us. I don't know if it says something good, but it definitely says something. :shock: :lol:

Return to “Other Projects”