DonBrothers 36 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:19 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
57%
☆☆
14%
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 36 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 3.86 of 5 stars (7 votes)

It's pretty funny that they forgot the sama and added it in afterward

Oh, and Kijino is out of jail. They really know nothing about each other's lives do they lol. They think he's just tired?

These guys would totally fail at the sneaking missions in Assassins Creed

Monster Tsubasa just wants to feed people. The Jyuto are so weird

Gotta love how everything works as a coincidence. Everyone just crosses path at the perfect time

Is this our first time seeing Haruka wearing a jakcet on her cafe outfit? It's a nice match, amazed we haven't seen it before

What's with her voice when she talks about the movie though?

I guess I never appreciated how orange Jirou's clothes are. Guess that's another Dragonball reference?

Looks like the plot requires Haruka's intelligence to drop 100 points

Wait is Natsumi Jyuto on Tarou's side or not?

So we're reusing the train CGI model?

What's the deal with Tsubasa at the end? How unbelievably sloppy. Guess that Tsubasa as a Jyuto arc is a wrap. What the heck

Even if there were fun moments in the episode, this feels a bit like Inoue just slapped these moments together without really a lot of thought on how they fit together
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: DonBrothers 36 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Natsumi's admirers are various suit actors.

Haruka is a moron. The Nouto and Natsumi had a conversation in front of her, and her weird logic was inventing an entirely different conversation.

ROLE CALL! At last! Although only partial.

And Tsubasa freed himself. Somehow. And just killed his clone right away. So what was the point of that? I guess so he can later mount a rescue for Natsumi and the other trapped people.
Spoiler
Next week, Sonoshi, the traditional last quarter boss. Although we still don't know for sure who the villains in this show are.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 pm [What's with her voice when she talks about the movie though?
I think the idea is she's embarrassed to talk about it in front of a major star like this random woman she's never heard of.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Also, how bad does it feel that the first ultimate combination is done with an impostor that no one on the team recognizes is an impostor
neomonpkmn02
Go Go!
Favorite series: Keitai 7
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Kitagawa Keiko
Favorite Actor?: Matsumoto Jun
Favorite Band: BACK-ON
My boom: Magic...
Quote: Smile Smile

Post by neomonpkmn02 »

Was that the actual GoRed actor?
Just your barely qualified hero
Like most people you see everyday, I just existed ~rephrased from Kick Ass
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:18 am Natsumi's admirers are various suit actors.
The trainer is the action director for DonBrothers, but the two suitors are theater actors as far as I can tell

>Was that the actual GoRed actor?

The guest is named Kawanishi Koji, never heard of him before. He's a relatively new actor though
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 pm The trainer is the action director for DonBrothers, but the two suitors are theater actors as far as I can tell
It's Hirofumi Fukuzawa, who is the Donbros action director, but who more famously was most of the Red suit actors in the 2000a. One of the others is Masahi Takada, the guy in the Kiji Brother and Zenkaiser Black suits.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:18 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 pm The trainer is the action director for DonBrothers, but the two suitors are theater actors as far as I can tell
It's Hirofumi Fukuzawa, who is the Donbros action director, but who more famously was most of the Red suit actors in the 2000a. One of the others is Masahi Takada, the guy in the Kiji Brother and Zenkaiser Black suits.
Yeah, he was the trainer I was talking about. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but Takada Masashi is the recurring cop that was chasing Tsubasa and is taking down the poster. The two suitors are just theatre actors Kawai Seizaburo and Kutuzawa Shuichiro
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Hooray, we're back from golf track & field!

I didn't dislike that episode. But I'm also not sure I liked it?

Par for the course for DonBros, it was all over the place. One minute it's a comedy with everyone badly sneaking along, and the next minute it's focusing on the mysterious Jyuto. And while I'm still undecided if this is a good thing or a bad thing, Inoue certainly manages to weave together these plots into a (semi) coherent whole, rather than having distinct A and B plots that are vying for attention.

I have to assume that Sononi was successful in rescuing Tsubasa, which is why he's back and was able to kill his doppelganger. But as I've become increasingly leery of DonBros ever following up on an event, I have no idea whether they're actually going to talk about that in the next episode, or if the show is just going to run off and do the next thing. If nothing else, I suppose it's in character that she'd free Tsubasa and not his paramour.

Oh, and blink and you'll miss the introduction of yet another new robo combination. Everything was cut so quickly (and moving so quickly) here that you never get a good look at the damned thing.:lol: Toei at least brought their A game for the CGI here, as opposed to their last CGI-heavy outing.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 pm Oh, and Kijino is out of jail. They really know nothing about each other's lives do they lol. They think he's just tired?
If nothing else, one of the core themes of this series seems to be that every character lives in perpetual blissful ignorance of what's going on with any other character. Only Kaito seems to have any idea of what's going on.
Wait is Natsumi Jyuto on Tarou's side or not?
The crane jyuto is on the crane jyuto's side, to whatever end that serves at the time.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:21 am I have to assume that Sononi was successful in rescuing Tsubasa, which is why he's back and was able to kill his doppelganger. But as I've become increasingly leery of DonBros ever following up on an event, I have no idea whether they're actually going to talk about that in the next episode, or if the show is just going to run off and do the next thing. If nothing else, I suppose it's in character that she'd free Tsubasa and not his paramour.
I was thinking that Tsubasa was freed as a side effect of Jyuto-Tsubasa using Tsubasa's glasses to transform. But, your idea makes more sense, although the show left out the "where did Sononi find the portal to the Jyuto dimension" part.

So, Miho/Natsumi, Tsubasa, Tsuyoshi, and Sononi are in a love quadrangle? Definitely on brand for a shoujo manga.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:19 pm Looks like the plot requires Haruka's intelligence to drop 100 points
Are there any characters (besides Barista Snake) who are not painfully oblivious? Again, definitely on brand for a shoujo manga.

So Natsumi was this super popular model/idol/hair stylist (?) who wanted to be an actress so bad that she hung out in a failing troupe?

The best part was Sonozo butchering the hand written note that Sonoi wrote for him and Sonoi beating his head in frustration. I guess the Nouto are not big on rehearsing things? Or, is Sonoi's handwriting bad?

The 36th monster of the week which I had no clue whatsoever what he was supposed to be but everyone else will be saying that he's from a specific season and every random line he was babbling had deep inner meaning and social significance.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Did Sonoi's note actually just have some random katakana written on it?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:29 pm Did Sonoi's note actually just have some random katakana written on it?
Basically. You can see that the first sentence is katakana and just a bunch of question marks. Do you guys remember the first few episodes where the normal signs became words like this in the VR dimension? The Nouto language is just Japanese run through some sort of encoding filter that converts it into stuff like this, I think
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

resop2 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:46 am The 36th monster of the week which I had no clue whatsoever what he was supposed to be but everyone else will be saying that he's from a specific season and every random line he was babbling had deep inner meaning and social significance.
It's from GoGoV. They were all about rescuing people and the train is a reference to one of their mecha.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:18 am
resop2 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:46 am The 36th monster of the week which I had no clue whatsoever what he was supposed to be but everyone else will be saying that he's from a specific season and every random line he was babbling had deep inner meaning and social significance.
It's from GoGoV. They were all about rescuing people and the train is a reference to one of their mecha.
Thanks!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

What kind of moon logic are the Dumb-Brothers using? They are worried about Tsuyoshi but don't directly ask him about it. Instead, they make organize a needlessly elaborate event to make him feel better.

Having Miho fight with clawed hands was disappointing. It would've been more appropriate for her to do a few crane style kung fu moves instead.

The roll call joke was such an unfunny misfire. The joke fell flat because we've never seen them do a proper roll call for comparison.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Arigomi wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:21 am The roll call joke was such an unfunny misfire. The joke fell flat because we've never seen them do a proper roll call for comparison.
They did some in the pre-series promos. It's so weird wasting it here though, I figured we'd get one when the 5 of them are FINALLY properly assembled.
Seen:

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”