DonBrothers 39 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆☆
22%
☆☆☆
56%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: DonBrothers 39 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:31 am Does anyone else get the impression that someone at Toei told Inoue that he had to do a big, serious combat episode, and this was his idea of malicious compliance?
Malicious compliance is probably the magic phrase a Toei Exec says to make Inoue appear. And like a malicious genie, he grants the most spiteful monkey wish possible
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

saw a great tweet that reminded me of how some people here were bothered by DonBros constant plot nonsense.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

More birthday stuff

Post by takenoko »

So I was updating this... https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Calendar_ ... _Birthdays

We already knew Shinichi's birthday from episode 25 (it was on his resume). Maybe that's why his birthday format is different, since Inoue probably wrote it as an easter egg originally

Not only that, we know Inuzuka's birthday is April 3rd because episode 5 aired that day and that was the topic of the episode

SO that just leaves Tarou and Jirou as far a birthdays go
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

You can add Gaim's birthday as the 30th of January 1993. He gives it to Oren when he first meets him in one episode, and he's officially 20 I believe, so that would make it 1993.

Also Haruka has a confirmed year, 2004, same as her actress. She was officially 17 according to the promo materials before the show, which means she'd have turned 18 later on.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Can we start discussing the Donbrothers summer movie already, since the raw is out now?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:55 am Can we start discussing the Donbrothers summer movie already, since the raw is out now?
You guys are so impatient!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:42 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:55 am Can we start discussing the Donbrothers summer movie already, since the raw is out now?
You guys are so impatient!
Sorry... My bad.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

So, was the previous episode the end of the Miho-doll arc? It feels like they're interacting pretty much the same way they had been earlier, and while I'm (pretty) fine that they haven't explained why Miho's back yet, there should at least be some acknowledgement of how/why Miho's back to her old self, or of Kijino's serious detachment from reality.

Not sure why my biggest thought about this episode is that it doesn't follow up from the last one, but maybe some of that's how filler-y this was. Don-Killer as a DonBrothers failsafe could've been neat in concept, but having it as an accidentally-discovered button without an off switch that they push for the heck of it just feels too contrived for me. (Also, since the DonBrothers can exit or be replaced by other, potentially better people, I feel like Master would have some plan to fire them rather than send a terminator without an off switch; maybe he was just guarding it from anyone else?) Truth be told, if the main Nouto or more likely Sonoshi stole the controller from Master and destroyed it after activating Don-Killer, the whole episode would feel stronger. I want to root for the DonBrothers here, but what does it say that the closest the team got to a party wipe was a 12-digit guess and a compulsive whim to push a button? They're a bunch of lovable, eccentric, and not very smart heroes, but "not very smart" shouldn't be what nearly kills most of the Rangers, especially so close to the end.

Anyway, the fact that transforming fixes any particularly serious injury must be nice to have.
takenoko wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:34 am
ViRGE wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:31 am Does anyone else get the impression that someone at Toei told Inoue that he had to do a big, serious combat episode, and this was his idea of malicious compliance?
Malicious compliance is probably the magic phrase a Toei Exec says to make Inoue appear. And like a malicious genie, he grants the most spiteful monkey wish possible
I'm also getting that from the show's use of anniversary gimmicks--this one had seven seconds of form change. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of legacy powers (it lost its shine after almost every 2010s Ultraman show had a variant on it), so I don't mind it being absent, but it really feels like the Avatar Changes are only here when someone reminds Inoue he has a marketing job to do, and he'll do it as quickly as he can before getting back to whatever he wanted to write.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

As the two robot killer guys went off to space fighting at the end, I wondered if the red and green colors were meant to remind us of Christmas
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”