My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 14 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.86 of 5 stars (7 votes)

LOL, Neon integrating her henshin pose into her fight choreography. Ncie

Ooh, I half expected Keiwa to fail to use the Raising Buckle

Oh shit, the Jamato spoke. I mean, I think we were all expecting that at some point

Oh, the girl was the Hide and Seek Jamato. This is the Bishop? The basic ones are pawns. We've had Rook and Knight Jamato before too. They're starting to run out of chess pieces

Wait, Geats doesn't know why he got the super item either?

LOL Punk Jack. The troll. Totally thought he'd give his villain's speech

I like the blue peeking out of Keiwa's coat

lol. Why is Girori betraying punk jack so soon.

His mom is named Mitsume? As in "to watch"? Another eye-themed name, she's management, to no one's surprise

lol gaijin Riders

What a quick redemption for Punk Jack

The bishop Jamato has a fun design. It looks kind of mushroomy?

Lol gamemaster, what did you think would happen after betraying Punk Jack

Been noticing a bit of a quality drop in some of these moving action shots for Geats and Don. It's not terrible, just noticed it

Ooh remove the glove and thunb print reader. Neat. Oh and there's even an eye in the driver. Nice. Cool design. This series is banging it out of the park

Oh, and just noticed that the Desire Drivers are technically eye shaped too. It's been there the whole time

lol, his chest piece can possess people? Neat

The hero lost? It can't be! LOL, nice cliffhanger for the end of the first quarter mark. Not quite a hero dying at Christmas, but still pretty fun
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 14 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

we still have two weeks. next week we set up the last boss, and the week after someone dies.

or, possibly, they die next week.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:46 pm we still have two weeks. next week we set up the last boss, and the week after someone dies.

or, possibly, they die next week.
Who says there won't be a Christmas miracle lol. Fortunately, we do know who this writer is, so we can judge him by his past

Ex-Aid: Killed Lazer

Zero-One: Killed Jin and started the dreaded ZAIA arc

So chances are good that we may have a death and the series will go downhill!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

just occurred to me: the DGP management all have eye themed names, right?

his belt is called the "vision" driver, and he's Kamen Rider "Glare"

also possibly a thing: the players only having desires vs. him having vision, like the vision to see his goals come to fruition as opposed to merely struggling to try and achieve what you want.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:04 pm his belt is called the "vision" driver, and he's Kamen Rider "Glare"
Seeing his belt made me realize...
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/File:Desire_Driver.png

The Desire Drivers are also eyes
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh....

so, we got the flashback to Gin-pen when the one Jamato Rider spoke to remind us of that one, but I just saw a tweet pointing out there's a SECOND previous Rider getting quoted in this episode:
https://twitter.com/YokaiRiderVT/status ... 7272586242
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh. I remembered the quote, but I couldn't remember who said it. Thank you!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I couldn't even remember the quote, I just figured it was probably quoting someone, or was just a sign that this dude growing the Jamato was enough of a weirdo that even the Jamato don't actually enjoy being around him.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, the bodyguards used to be Riders? I speculated earlier that they would become Riders and both of their wishes would be to protect the princess, but I didn't think that they were former Riders.

Ace's Gary Stu power is taking a lot of suspense out of this series.

Now that Ace has been eliminated, does that mean that Keiwa is a lock to win this DGP so that Ace can come back? And, would that mean that bootleg Neon would get to come back?
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It seems that the "save the world" mission of the DGP is really "save the world from the unworthy masses" type of goal. That would explain the arbitrary Rider selection process and erasing memories after elimination. Neon and Win getting involved with the DGP due to nepotism shows how the stakeholders want to maintain the status quo.

It was implied that the Jamato farmer is now using the Core IDs of fallen Riders to cultivate a new breed of Jamato. That would explain their unexpected ability to use Desire Drivers and the quotes. The Jamato are imprinted with the Core ID data of their associated Riders to accelerate their evolution.

Ace is perceptive, but he is still in the dark about the faction that sent him the Command Jet Buckle. He still thinks the woman that offered to help him is just a fan.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I just realized that there might be a continuity error in Geats. When Neon survived but did not win her first DGP she was shown as an obedient girl in the new world. My assumption was that she had not done any video blogging in this new world. Yet, when her memory was restored she was able to communicate with her audience from the previous world to track down the girl in the red hat. This couldn't be her audience from the current world because her video blogger appeal had been as the rebellious rich girl.

Is anyone else confused by this?

Or, maybe she was a minor celebrity since were family was so rich and had some sort of following that way?
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

resop2 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:36 pm I just realized that there might be a continuity error in Geats. When Neon survived but did not win her first DGP she was shown as an obedient girl in the new world. My assumption was that she had not done any video blogging in this new world. Yet, when her memory was restored she was able to communicate with her audience from the previous world to track down the girl in the red hat. This couldn't be her audience from the current world because her video blogger appeal had been as the rebellious rich girl.

Is anyone else confused by this?

Or, maybe she was a minor celebrity since were family was so rich and had some sort of following that way?
The DGP didn't change the pasts of the disqualified Riders, just any memories and personality traits associated with their wish. Keiwa's sister was clearly confused by his change in attitude, and Neon's mother mentioned Neon being well-behaved "lately", so other people do remember how they were before. Neon probably did take a break from streaming after losing her desire to leave and becoming obedient, but her past antics would still have happened and she'd still have built the same fanbase.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Why is GM/Girori likes taking his mask off that much? I mean, the first time he did it it was a cool reveal. But he does it literally every voice call or conversation he's in. Did nobody tell him it's not a dramatic reveal anymore when everybody already knows his identity..? Or does that thing has really poorly thought out ventilation so he can't stand having it on for longer than a minute? =P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:34 pm Ace is perceptive, but he is still in the dark about the faction that sent him the Command Jet Buckle. He still thinks the woman that offered to help him is just a fan.
I thought he was just playing dumb to not reveal his hand. Heck, he didn't even reveal that he knew the Gamemaster was Girori
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

resop2 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:14 pm Now that Ace has been eliminated, does that mean that Keiwa is a lock to win this DGP so that Ace can come back? And, would that mean that bootleg Neon would get to come back?
Keiwa doesn't have to win in order for Ace to come back. Ace already has his previously-granted wish to participate in every single DGP until he dies, so I'd expect that he'll get called in next time regardless (unless management try to screw him over again somehow.)

I'd imagine that was part of his plan when he was trying to get PunkJack to tell him stuff. He basically says "if I get dropped then I'll have my memory erased and forget anything you tell me anyway." But then if his wish holds to participate in all future DGP's, then his memories should all be restored next time he touches his ID Core. I figured PunkJack should probably know that as a staff member, but still.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”