Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: 2022 lookback thread

Post by takenoko »

God, the ending to that game made me so mad. It's like they were trying to go for the biggest twist possible, but the way it all fits together is so unplausible and atonal to the rest of the game.

For those of you who want to know and don't care about spoilers for Life is Strange True Colors:

You spend the series befriending the people of this small town, finding friends and creating a found family after being an orphan for most of your life. However...
Spoiler
the man who took you and your brother in, the kindly patriarch of the town... not only is it revealed that he was responsible for the coverup that leads to Alex's brother's death, he was also the guy who killed her father too. Also he shoots you in the face and knocks you in a mine shaft to cover all this up. Like two episodes ago, you were on a larp with him to cheer up a traumatized kid. Ridiculous
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:17 pm I'm going to need to redo my movie list. I watched Guillermo Del Toro's Pinnochio and thought it was fantastic. I didn't even realize the whole thing was stop motion which made it even more impressive. What a visionary that man is
Top Gun: Maverick was dope. I enjoyed it in IMAX. This movie should be on your list too.

Are you looking forward to Avatar 2???
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, that movie was cool. Wish I saw it in Imax

I actually love 3D movies. When I was in Legoland, I probably saw more of the 3D movies than the kids (they rotated through them). The staff must have been wondering who this dork was with no kids who kept coming back, since I had to see them to get the 3D glasses lol

So I'd probably watch Avatar if it were like half hour and just focused on the spectacle. The story's never interested me so I never even saw the first one
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I've just remembered another game I played this year, Stray, the cat game. Wasn't going to play it, but it was on PlayStation Plus at launch, so I played it and very much enjoyed it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I was considering Stray, but I heard it had a sad ending so I'm gonna have to pass on that

Just saw Glass Onion tonight and thought it was fantastic. Rian Johnson does it again
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Before I watched Kamen Rider Black Sun, I watched Kazuya Shiraishi's notable crime drama duology, Last of the Wolves, featuring Tori Matsuzaka of Shinkenger fame.

The 2 movies are a nice appetizer for KRBS.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:18 am Just saw Glass Onion tonight and thought it was fantastic. Rian Johnson does it again
Nobody mentions the Kenshin movies??? Has anyone already watched the THE FINAL and THE BEGINNING???
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

decade368990 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:48 pm
Nobody mentions the Kenshin movies??? Has anyone already watched the THE FINAL and THE BEGINNING???
I can't speak for everyone else but I lost my taste for Kenshin after it came out that the creator is a massive pedophile

Return to “Off Topic”