My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 15 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.81 of 5 stars (11 votes)

He's got a poster of himself on the wall?

Awww, no Ukiyo in the opening

Oh hey it's this trio

Jamato Riders are a regular thing now

Hey Keiwa, use your multiple ninja thing to even things out. You know this

LOL these two. Stop talking about Geats

Oh, if Buffa dies that'll make sense for the Christmas death

What, why'd his belt also dissolve. It was only the ID core before

Wait, how is Geats able to get into their base? Did he teleport without a belt?

LOL at Keiwa and Neon reacting to Girori being Gamemaster. "Oh right, these guys don't know that"

Neon's hair looks different

Love that line. "Until he dies, he's Kamen Rider Geats." That's not bad

Boost is such a great idea for a power-up. It makes for such great fight scenes

I'm disappionted that Keiwa and Neon just decided to sit this out

Okay Sakamoto. You've earned your paycheck

Gamemaster is just pulling out all the cheats now

LOL, Geats, the reverse Ryuki

I was updating the wiki and remembered that Punk Jack was a thing. Where'd he go? He wasn't eliminated last time. Did getting possessed by Gamemaster remove him from the game, because that seems like that'd be against the rules

In hindsight, I'd probably translate this arc as 謀略/Scheme or Plot or something to that effect

Next week the number is IR. R is 80 in roman numerals???
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 15 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:37 pm What, why'd his belt also dissolve. It was only the ID core before
that was just for people who retired. when Shiroe got killed in episode 1 his belt disappeared, too. as did Gin-pen's belt when he died in Keiwa's arms, and Letter's at the start of the new arc, because all it left behind was the buckles they used. that was how Keiwa got Arrow and Buffa tossed Propeller to Keilow.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:37 pm Next week the number is IR. R is 80 in roman numerals???
if I had to guess, since episode 1 was the end of the first game we saw, and was titled "Daybreak F" and then episode 9 was the last episode of the next game and was titled "Chance Meeting F", while 2 through 8 were "Chance Meeting 1" through "7", the F probably stood for "Finale" or "Final" since they were the final rounds of their game. since this episode was against the Last Boss of this game, but the episode was labeled number 6 and not F, I'm guessing IR means "Irregular Round"?

EDIT: also, R isn't 80 in Roman numerals. 80 would be LXXX, because it's L (50) + X (10) + X + X. according to google R only equals 80 in medieval and renaissance numbering.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Ah, my lack of attention to detail fails me again. Thanks for the clarification

Oh okay, so I guess for the final rounds there's a special labeling. IR being irregular round makes sense

Edit: This is a good detail. Before it's revealed that Ukiyo has his memories back, he addresses them as Tycoon and Nago
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I knew it was inevitable, but I wish we could have just had Geats sit this one out, and have him come back thanks to his wish in the next DGP. But he's the main character, and it's almost Christmas, so gotta have him show off all the toys.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The story is so bad.... I can't blame the writers after 20+ years we have saw it all and well it is what it is.

I don't know so far the only good thing are the actors because the suits, the horrible cgi effects and the story are all bad. At least we got a bad ass main rider this time and Ace is probably the coolest main rider since Kabuto and Gentarou.
Final Vent!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Another very good episode. It's nice to have a series once in while that closely follows the story every week and not just sprouts random stand-alone fillers every other episodes.

It's a show-all-the toys commercial, but the fight set piece is well done and very satisfying to watch.

We all thought Keiwa's video recordings would remind him of DGP when he lost his memories, but Geats stole the idea instead.

When Ace touched Buffa's ID core, you can see Ace expression changed a little as he remembers. Nice acting.

Girori is basically throwing the rule book out the window at this point. If it wasn't for Tusmuri, Ace wouldn't be able to come back even if his first wish technically allows him to do so.

So whoever kills Ace next round is the final winner? Girori realized his mistake and tries to kill Ace this time, but didn't cater for Keiwa's wish. If Ace lets Keiwa kills him and win, Keiwa's wish would bring back all the dead Riders, which would include Ace, and we would be back to square one again.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kurow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:27 am The story is so bad.... I can't blame the writers after 20+ years we have saw it all and well it is what it is.
??
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

Takahashi really went 3 for 3 on the Christmas deaths, huh?

I've been really enjoying Geats so far, honestly more than I have Revice. Which I guess isn't saying much seeing as the latter isn't really a popular show on these forums. The premise and the mystery behind it is pretty interesting. How did Girori and Archimedel end up doing the DGP, what happened to Ace's mother, etc.

I don't think anyone has brought it up, but if we are to believe Ace has been playing since 1 AD, I don't think he's participated in every DGP, despite his first wish being to do so. Otherwise, Keiwa's parents wouldn't have stayed dead from that prior game, because established rules say people killed in the Jyammar area are revived at the end when someone wins, or stay dead if the Riders are all killed.

As for current events, I wanted to believe Keiwa wins this DGP, but considering Michinaga just got deleted this episode, that belief has gone right out the window. Takahashi seems to be a creature of habit, so we're likely not going to see Buffa's return for a while if his prior seasons are anything to go by.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

This series has deteriorated into a repetitive snooze-fest. There is zero drama, just a boring wait around until Gary Stu wins, outwits the game master and makes a cool pose.

I think this series was ruined by its title. If it was called "Kamen Rider: The Desire Gran Prix" and didn't feature Gary Stu in most of the opening then there might be the slightest amount of suspense about what will happen.

This must be what happens when Toei allows someone who writes self insertion fan fiction to write a season of Kamen Rider. The writer made all three of the riders going into this round act completely out of character or dumb. In a melee against dozens of enemies Keiwa doesn't use his ninja powers to form multiple copies of himself and Neon doesn't play Cowboys From Hell on her guitar hero controller to make a large number of combatants unable to fight? Also, why didn't Keiwa and Neon bitch and moan about not getting the boast item before they fought the final boss? And, Buffa gives Ace his belt rather that spitting on it?

As for next week, instead of Geats allowing Keiwa to win so all the riders can come back, I fear that Geats will kill Neon and Keiwa and it will be revealed that his wish also was to revive all the past riders just because the show is all about him.

For a Gary Stu, Geats is kind of dumb. He has been playing this game for thousands of years, and he just now realizes that the game is a scam?

While I am ranting, is there any rhyme or reason how someone's core id is chosen for making Dark Kingdom Generals? We had one guy who got killed when he was third left in the game and we had another die at the every beginning of the first round. Is the only qualification that the rider said something memorable to one of the current riders?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Keiwa and Neon were having a crisis of faith because they were getting overwhelmed. The Jyamato are rapidly getting stronger with each episode. They teamed up on a single Jyamato Rider with simultaneous finishers and were easily repelled. It also doesn't help that going into the final round, there were only 3 Riders participating. Previous cycles had 4 Riders enter the final round. Another complication is that Michinaga is a stubborn fool that Leroy Jenkins his way into dangerous fights.

The conflict between Girori doing whatever he wants and Tsumuri undercutting him to follow DGP policies is intriguing.
resop2 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:23 pm For a Gary Stu, Geats is kind of dumb. He has been playing this game for thousands of years, and he just now realizes that the game is a scam?
That isn't my impression. He has never trusted the DGP because it doesn't let him submit his greatest wish. Ace has to be very careful with uncovering the secrets of the DGP since it is such a powerful organization. Questioning Girori's motives is just a tactic to provoke him into revealing more information about the DGP. It didn't work, but it did force Girori to admit that the final boss is way too strong and provide the Riders with the Boost Buckle to turn things around.

Ace being a Gary Stu is actually why Girori is upset. It has made the DGP less "entertaining" in Girori's eyes, and he has been breaking rules to get rid of Ace.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I think we're all taking the "I've been playing since 0 AD" line at face value. It's pretty obvious that Ace has only been playing for 5-7 games based on the number of his wishes. More likely he was just lying again.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:41 pm I think we're all taking the "I've been playing since 0 AD" line at face value. It's pretty obvious that Ace has only been playing for 5-7 games based on the number of his wishes. More likely he was just lying again.
Maybe he's only been winning the last 5-7 games? He could have lost a large number of times before that which allowed him to build up an unbeatable experience base.

And, if he hasn't been playing since AD 0, what's that ancient coin all about? Inquiring minds want to know. (w)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I dunno, I think it's kinda farfetched for him to have lost literally tens of thousands (judging by pace this far) of DGPs. Him being a liar is well established.

The coin is a damn mystery though
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm genuinely baffled by his being alive since 0 AD thing. Since as much as Ukiyo likes to put up the appearance of being a trickster and a liar, for the most part he's been a straight shooter who at best tells lies that could be true, from a certain point of view...

A certain point of view?!
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:54 pm I dunno, I think it's kinda farfetched for him to have lost literally tens of thousands (judging by pace this far) of DGPs. Him being a liar is well established.
See, personally I would've thought it kind of farfetched for him to be winning every single DGP. If it really has been around for that long, then statistically speaking other players surely must have gotten a win somewhere along the line, right?

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”