My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 17 & Fox Dance discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.2 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Oh, I didn't know the guy had a pony tail

lol Keiwa's here too

Oh, they refilmed the guys in the opening sequence. Interesting that Buffa gets his own things, but you can see the space he'll fill

This new gamemaster is annoying

Disaster = Desire Star? The Among Us comparisons increase

Ah Keiwa's sister. They're really stciking it to the guy this episode

Gene pulling the handshake into the hug trick

Interesting that the dgp staff are at a ramen stand. I guess a change of scenery is nice rather than being in some abstract cgi space

Wolf Rider's got moves. I hope she sticks around a bit

Why'd the smart guy let Geats get the buckle instead of getting it himself? Okay now we're in Fortnite

Keiwa 1%

Getting some good stuff out of Buffa hanging out in bad guy land. Neat twist bringing that guy back

New season of DGP, new year for Geats. Great start. Both the new characters are pretty fun, but we're still getting some drama (and in Keiwa's case some laughs) from the old ones
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 17 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this is a fun start to the new arc.

if I had to make a guess, Nadge-sparrow is the spy, if for no other reasons than:

a) he's doing a lot of talking about people, and those are the people in Amogus you gotta be careful of.

and b) his name's the least like what we've gotten for Riders so far. most of the riders we've had have had roughly 2 syllable names. Geat-su, Ty-coon, Na-go, Bu-ffa, Da-pan, Gin-pen, Kei-low, Le-tter, and while they're pronounced with more than 2 syllables in Japanese, Mary and Punk Jack are two syllable names. if we assume the we in Shirowe is silent, he fits, too. Nadge-Sparrow is the first name we've gotten, not counting the massive list of names that never make it past round one of either DGP we've seen so far, that isn't 2 syllables.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'd actually put money on there not being a double-agent at all, just to make everyone suspect everyone else for no reason.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Also, what's a nadge? I thought it'd be a type of sparrow, but googling it just gives you the rider wiki

Shirowe is annoying in that if you look at the Japanese, it's just shi-ro and a dash at the end to indicate the o in ro is a long vowel. There is a "we" in Japanese (pronounced ie) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_(kana) but I've never seen it used to replace a long vowel, mostly because the we is not really used in modern Japanese

>I'd actually put money on there not being a double-agent at all, just to make everyone suspect everyone else for no reason.

Well, this season of DGP is called Estrangement
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

maybe it's a play on Nudge, as a hint to his role as spy, if he is, to to nudge everyone away from each other by stoking suspicions?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

looking at it again, I know Toei likes to reuse props when able: is Geats' Gigant Sword a repaint of a sword from ToQGer, or was that the train themed weapon they go in Go-Onger when the dino trains showed up? because just above the handle, I can recognize train crossing lights, but I don't remember either show well enough to remember the weapons off the top of my head.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Your guess is as good as mine. The katakana does normally translate to Nudge in English though...

I wouldn't be surprised if the prop was a recolor lol

Keiwa is such a Kagami. I like that as soon as he's in trouble, he turns to Ukiyo for help
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:27 am Your guess is as good as mine. The katakana does normally translate to Nudge in English though...
Yeah pixiv seems to think it's "nudge" as well. Subtle hint or just bad English? Hmmmmm
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I think it's Nudge-Sparrow, and this is just Toei not knowing how to spell again.

I agree with the theory there's no spy, they just want to add drama.

I guess Toei got tired of coming up with 2 dozen Rider names and emblems for them to get elimated off screen in the first ten minutes.

I see Kyoryu Blue's back. Well get comfy mate, cause Toei's about to pimp you out for the Kyoryuger 10th Anniversary, I'm sure.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow, is it time for Kyouryuu 10 years after? I hope they actually bother to do that one since they skipped so many already
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

yeah, I'm still bummed not to have more Go-Busters, and Akibaranger's 10th anniversary letting them finally become even semi-official by having a crossover with DonBros would've been amazing.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh. had another dumb thought. while I wouldn't put it past this show to pull some kind of twist where one of our three main characters is the secret traitor, just because "well, they're the main characters, it's gotta be one of the two new people" is what a lot of the audience might be thinking, something else to consider:

in a similar vein to my one theory about Nadge-Sparrow being the traitor because his name doesn't fit the usual style, Lopo ALSO doesn't fit a style we've established up to this point. that being her helmet.

not counting Ben and John since they haven't been in-suit yet, not counting the flashback riders from Buffa's origin story about his friend dying since one of them seems elephant-y, but we never get a good look at them really, and not counting any unique characters from any side materials like the movie that we haven't seen yet, what have we seen of helmets?

Geats has been the only fox, Tycoon the only Tanuki, Nago the only cat, and Buffa the only buffalo/bull, but we've seen multiple bears, multiple birds, and more than one sheep. in this way, even Nadge-Sparrow is still "normal" as he's another bird. Lopo's the only wolf we've seen, and there's a spy going around, so "wolf in sheep's clothing".

I'm betting Sparrow's name being different and Lopo's helmet being different are intentional deviations to catch our attention, and all of this is them piling up a bunch of red herrings to keep us guessing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm maybe. I never noticed before that all the birds have the same basic helmet design

It kind of bothers me that their take on Lobo is to turn the b into a p. That's jsut wrong

Chirami is another sight word, it means 'to take a glancing look'. Anyone else think he looks like Ishinomori?

Looking a bit more at the powered builder buckle, it's disappointing that it works with the three basic buckles. In the episode I thought it'd power up just any of the basic items (maybe it does and I'm making a bad assumption)
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:51 pm Looking a bit more at the powered builder buckle, it's disappointing that it works with the three basic buckles. In the episode I thought it'd power up just any of the basic items (maybe it does and I'm making a bad assumption)
toy and leaked, possibly fake images related, so I'll spoiler this:
Spoiler
you can fit the Armed (insert item here) buckles as well, and it'll just say "Gigant Arms", for one thing. for another, there's a picture I saw of Geats in Powered Builder form, but holding the Magnum gun. while using it with the Magnum buckle would explain it, he didn't seem to be using the Magnum buckle, so, assuming the image isn't fake, it's possible there could be additional items released later for other weapons
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:59 am yeah, I'm still bummed not to have more Go-Busters, and Akibaranger's 10th anniversary letting them finally become even semi-official by having a crossover with DonBros would've been amazing.
Akibaranger got a 10th anniversary Ranger Key and Sentai Gear set released. Go-Busters barely got mentioned, despite all 5 of them still regularly working with Toei.

Kyoryuger was massive though. If there's nothing I'll be SHOCKED.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”