DonBrothers 44 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 44 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4 of 5 stars (7 votes)

That's an amazing spot to do a painting Sonoi

Wait, that's it for Sonoza and Haruka?

lol. Locking the door from the outside doesn't lock her in

Did Tsubasa not check Kijino's house when hunting Miho?

Get out of here, Gold. Go home!

Whoa. Jirou twist

Pretty ironic of Sononi to save Miho

lol why the poses

Look at that Kijino spit

Good thing Kijino didn't murder a normie by accident

lol the tonal clash of the gun sound effect...

Rough episode for Sononi

Jirou's back already? Why even have a scene of him saying he's leaving

lol, Inu is the only one who didn't use his points. Yay, Sononi lives

That's a pretty rough reaction considering she saved Miho/Natsumi and Tsubasa all in the same episode

Again the tonal clash of the theme song playing immediately after the scene

Yay the aunt in a small scene

Such a flurry of scenes. While not perfect, I did have a good time and did care about what was going on
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: DonBrothers 44 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I like the Nouto all slowly realizing "....shit, we like people now. that's not good."

I don't think Jirou was saying he was leaving right away, I think he was inviting Tarou to go with him when he leaves, hence the preview for next week?

speaking of previews, I love how last week's gave the impression "OMG, they find out who Inu Brother is, and then they finally transform as a team!" and then this week is less focused on that, and not once does anyone stop to think "......hey, wait a minute." until Haruka at the very end. wouldn't be surprised if Tarou knew the whole time and just didn't say anything because no one ever properly asked him.

and as for this week's preview:
Spoiler
love how we're mere weeks away from the end and we're still getting surprise new characters with designs that feel like they should be/should have been around longer than they probably will be with Sonogo and Sonoroku. it also would've been funny if they'd had names numbered like 20-some and 40-something and there's just a LOT of people with numbered names we just don't meet, as opposed to "we just happen to meet the first six people to exist on this side"
other notes:

1) I'm really curious about the Rumi reveal and what that could possibly mean. if she's not real, are ANY of the people Jirou knows real? if not, who helped him repress his Tora side as a kid? who raised him? is anything about his backstory real? is he even a real member of the Don family?

2) it still amuses me how the writing for this series has gotten to the point that MotW fights just kinda happen and aren't necessarily the driving force of a lot of episodes. the team is less "a band of allies fighting some evil force" and more "supernatural pest control who are more human friendly than the alternative" since even without the team, the Nouto would just handle hitotsukis. this week's barely had any reason to happen except to have an excuse to interrupt Kiji and Inu's fight and have the rest of the team show up to see Inu out of suit. as for the posing he made the victims do that one time, I'm assuming it's a reference to whichever Sentai he's based on, which is whatever team those symbols that formed behind his head for a moment are related to, presumably.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>1) I'm really curious about the Rumi reveal and what that could possibly mean. if she's not real, are ANY of the people Jirou knows real? if not, who helped him repress his Tora side as a kid? who raised him? is anything about his backstory real? is he even a real member of the Don family?

I vaguely remember he goes home and his benefactor was a Jyuto? Come to think about it, do we ever see Rumi interact with his other friends? But wait, the guys saying he's a clueless weirdo is one thing. But Rumi also says soemthing similar too. If she's a figment of his imagination, what does that mean???

Well they're running down to the last 3-4 gears:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category: ... hers_Gears
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

what happened was he went home to visit the man who supposedly raised him, like Jin did for Tarou, but we never see him there, just Jirou finding the button that releases Don Killer Killer, and then Jirou makes a bunch of decorations and a penguin origami, which is the third, strongest class of Jyuto that we haven't met yet. the implication given was that the people replaced by Jyuto are the ones folding origami, and Jirou folded it, so "????? what's up with Jirou?????" was the takeaway for that episode ending.

now that you mention it, I'll need to go back and see if she and the guys ever met. I THINK they all got together for a party where Jirou later showed Rumi his Don Dragoku self, but I could be wrong. besides that, there was the flashback where all of them play Kagome Kagome with young Jirou, implied to be the Tora personality, until their friendship turns him into dorky Dragon Jirou, which might've been the same episode? don't remember off hand.

maybe all of them calling him a clueless weirdo was a secret hint. it's meant for us to think they're all thinking "man, he's a delusional weirdo who wants to be a superhero" which makes us sympathize with Jirou because we know the truth about him being a hero, but ACTUALLY the whole time they were figments of his imagination trying to make him see the truth and were calling him a delusional weirdo for thinking they were real, and it's meant to make all their past scenes take on a new meaning after the reveal?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's where it seems to be going. As far as twists goes, I wasn't expecting it, and it does make Jirou a bit more interesting. Too bad he's not got much characterization otherwise...
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

for fun, I was struck by inspiration and made a thing:

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

LOL

A few seconds later "Party tiiiiime~"
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I'm having doubts whether this episode is more substantial or frustrating. Or is it frustrating because it's substantial... And Inoue can't write anything plot heavy without making it frustrating for the viewers... 3/5

Among the main 3 Nouto, Sonoza's transformation is the nicest and the most heartwarming. Makes me wanna cry too... 🥲

Since when do the 5 (the ones who know each others' identities) Donbrothers hide their hero identities from people? I thought they were gonna accept a prize in episode 20 for their good deeds in a public ceremony...

Of course... Rumi is too suspicious... Why are the women all the masterminds over here...?

Wow, Tsuyoshi calling Jirou weird is hilarious... Weird people can't call each other weird, imo.

*Gasp*... Now Sononi's acting like a real zombie...

Wow, Tsubasa actually thought about the proper way to save Natsumi... Impressive. But again, it's surprising and disappointing that even he was captivated by Sononi's charm in the end...

Oof, now Sononi's challenging Tsubasa's feelings... Wait, whose heartbeat are we hearing here (timestamp 8:03) ... Sononi's? Or is it just a random bgm track?

Ouch, it's sad that the Juuto's words are more believable than Sononi and yet Tsubasa chose to believe Sononi...

Huh...? Why did Sononi take the hit?

Sheesh... That line the Juuto said to Tarou... That's golden... 😆🤣

Why are they talking in such quiet voices? I get Sononi's talking like that because she's injured but why is Tsubasa talking like that?

Well, isn't this deja vu... The same thing was in Kiva... Again, pretty frustrating... And repetitive...
Oh, Tsubasa just left Sononi to be executed.... 😅🤣

The Don family fell in love with humans... Does that mean either Tarou or Jirou (or both) are half human...? Again, super repetitive and the same as Kiva... Why can't Inoue come up with a fresh concept...?

Wow, Sonoi's yelling is so forceful... The diverse acting in this episode...

Oh, being human sucks for the Nouto trio, doesn't it... 😆

Zenkaizer Black knew about Tsubasa's identity all along and yet... What the heck is up with this character...

The long awaited Kiji vs Inu duel... Ended with them working together to defeat the Hitotsuki...

Oh my gosh, the super dramatic bgm is killing me...

Sononi has a death wish this episode...

Ok, I for one, wasn't exactly anticipating the full-team transformation... But they totally didn't acknowledge Tsubasa's presence there...

Why does everyone go expecting praise from Tarou... This is ridiculous...

Momotaro Slash and no robo fight... 🧐🤨😯

Where the heck is Sononi going?

Since when did they start acting like they've always been in love... 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Why is Zenkaizer Black here... What is he planning???

Did Tsubasa actually ask to resurrect Sononi with his Kibi Points or did Zenkaizer Black did it on his own?

So is Tsubasa in love with Sononi too...? Maybe I'm slow, but I really don't know... Cuz I thought he's still in love with Natsumi...
Huh, I expected Sononi to confess to him before he left... If not, why did he react like that? Again, VERY VERY CONFUSED....

What's with Haruka's reaction at the end....
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:29 pm Did Tsubasa not check Kijino's house when hunting Miho?
I think Tsubasa thinks that the "Miho" Tsuyoshi keeps talking about is a doll. Because the last time he visited Tsuyoshi's home, Tsuyoshi was talking to a doll thinking it to be his wife. And Tsubasa hasn't checked again recently.
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:18 pm
Spoiler
love how we're mere weeks away from the end and we're still getting surprise new characters with designs that feel like they should be/should have been around longer than they probably will be with Sonogo and Sonoroku. it also would've been funny if they'd had names numbered like 20-some and 40-something and there's just a LOT of people with numbered names we just don't meet, as opposed to "we just happen to meet the first six people to exist on this side"

I would have liked to see more Nouto members, especially more female Nouto. And I do think that the Nouto all have numbered names, at least the regular ones (the ones that are not the Senate).
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:18 pm the team is less "a band of allies fighting some evil force" and more "supernatural pest control who are more human friendly than the alternative" since even without the team, the Nouto would just handle hitotsukis.
They keep calling themselves heroes, but they're just a ragtag group of weirdos who just happen to be unlucky enough to be burdened with this power... And they literally have a thousand people to replace them. When I think about this, Episode 10 feels so meaningless... What even was the point of that?
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:18 pm I'm assuming it's a reference to whichever Sentai he's based on, which is whatever team those symbols that formed behind his head for a moment are related to, presumably.
It's based on Bioman... (Sourced from the Toei site) The escalator thing is also a reference to Bioman, according to the Toei site.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

This ep with me is one of the best Sentai episode in recent years, since ToQGer. Raising more questions and solved few problems. But it's Inoue style, so just wait to the end to find everything.
We only have 6 episodes to head the ending.
Maybe Zenkaizer Black is the final boss, if he is truly the God from Zenkaiger.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I just had a couple of thoughts:

1) Hitotsuki happen when humans lose control of their desires, right? well, Tarou's never had desires because he's always been effectively perfect and not needed to have anything to truly strive for, which is why he doesn't really understand people, right? what if this whole season is building up to, if not the final fight then one very near the end of Tarou finally developing desires of his own, and it causes him to become a hitotsuki? I'd wager on his hitotsuki being either Zenkaiger, DonBros, or possibly even KingOhger themed.

2) we've all got questions about Jirou and the penguin origami he was making re: Penguin Jyuto having been mentioned but not showing up yet. here's a thought: the cats are all just wild animals acting on instinct. the one crane we've seen so far, NatsuMiho, is clearly sentient and capable of planning her actions, and also capable of acting out a personality. if we assume their position in the hierarchy corresponds to their intelligence/ability, penguins would be even smarter/more capable than cranes. who do we know that is smart/capable but not quite the person we've known them to be before the DonBros story, and is black and white like a penguin? I'm thinking Kaito might not be Kami-sama after all.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:37 pm who do we know that is smart/capable but not quite the person we've known them to be before the DonBros story, and is black and white like a penguin? I'm thinking Kaito might not be Kami-sama after all.
That's a wild theory, but I love it. Love a big swing, those are the best
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:10 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:37 pm who do we know that is smart/capable but not quite the person we've known them to be before the DonBros story, and is black and white like a penguin? I'm thinking Kaito might not be Kami-sama after all.
That's a wild theory, but I love it. Love a big swing, those are the best
It's a likely theury, but I don't think it's that wild. It's just so obvious that we didn't even suspect it to be a clue. I always suspected him to be a Penguin Juuto too, just didn't connect it with the color combination of his suit.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

On the Rumi thing, she's definitely been WITH the other guys, but did she ever interact with them? Like, do they ever acknowledge her presence? Kind of like in Call of Duty Ghosts, with that one guy that only the player sees.

I find it kind of funny that even with a 6-person henshin at last, we still didn't get a role call. Honestly, I thought Tsubasa knew. Like, during that fake out episode about his identity, I thought that he worked out who they were, and just opted to remain a lone wolf. Guess not.

At the very end, the light on Haruka's laptop is flashing, suggesting it's either on, or on charge. Nice detail I noticed for some reason.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Rumi can't be a complete figment of Jirou's imagination because we had a scene of her going home on a bus after nursing Jirou back to health in episode 37. She thinks to herself that she is exhausted from his high strung personality. There is no point to giving her an internal monologue if she doesn't exist.

It is weird how Sonoi, Sononi, and Sonoza now understand humans better than Tarou. Tarou has lived among humans pretty much all of his life and still struggles to understand them.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I think we've now reached the point where Tsuyoshi is deeply into the realms of abusive husband. He locks his wife in and refuses to let her go to work. Has at least twice now tried to murder people for her, and he went mad and thought a doll was her.

Oh, and he basically harassed her into marriage in the first place.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”