DonBrothers 44 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:29 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: DonBrothers 44 discussion thread

Post by ViRGE »

Hmm, is anyone else having problems downloading 1080p release? It's stopped at 21%.
Basara
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ex-Aid
Favorite Band: Blind Guardian

Post by Basara »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:02 am Hmm, is anyone else having problems downloading 1080p release? It's stopped at 21%.
Same Problem on my Side of the Globe.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like the upload got corrupted at 22%. A reupload fixed it
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think that Yumi is real but Jirou is the only one who can see her in pictures (much like Haruka could see the ghost). Either that or Jirou got nursed back to health by eating imaginary vegetables?

Either that or Yumi is both real and not real and is character in Haruka's manga that is not consistent from manga episode to manga episode.

As for Kaito being a penguin, maybe Kaito is really Kaito but got possessed by a penguin Jyuto when he entered Shoujo-Manga-Topia? I don't know why Jin would treat him nicely though.

It would suit Tsuyoshi, being the only non-bishounen male Don Brother, to have Tsabasa walk away with both Sononi and Natsumi in then end and have Tsuyoshi left with his doll.

Great episode, looks like business is picking up in time for the end of the series.
HachiHalation
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O

Post by HachiHalation »

We've got some wild turns at the end here. I enjoy the goofs and the silliness, but glad there is still some real meat left in the show! The team henshin being glossed over was hilarious.

Btw, I took Tsubasa's reaction at the end as like "Stay away from me or otherwise I might fall for you" kind of deal. I though it made sense considering he is very dedicated to Natsumi.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

resop2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:56 pm I think that Yumi is real but Jirou is the only one who can see her in pictures (much like Haruka could see the ghost). Either that or Jirou got nursed back to health by eating imaginary vegetables?
Don't forget that Tarou ate Rumi's cooking too, at the of that cooking competition episode (the number of which I can't recall). So it's possible that if Rumi is a Penguin Juuto too, then she only appears in front of her targets/people she wants to manipulate.
HachiHalation wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:59 pm Btw, I took Tsubasa's reaction at the end as like "Stay away from me or otherwise I might fall for you" kind of deal. I though it made sense considering he is very dedicated to Natsumi.
That's also a possibility. But that makes me question his reaction when Sononi (temporarily) dies and how he was worried about Sononi in episode 43 when she was being chased by the Murasames.
And I still can't figure out if Tsubasa willingly used his Kibi Points to resurrect Sononi, or did Zenkaizer Black act on his own will? Am I the only one who's curious about that?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it makes sense. Like I said, Sononi made a mistake, but she also saved Natsumi/Miho and took a hit for Tsubasa too. Even if he's mad at her, it'd be messed up to let her die for it since she basically makes up for her mistakes with her life. The fact that he uses the points but can't process with how to deal with her feels like well-observed human behavior
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

On the subject of Rumi: I forget which episode it was, but there was also one point where she had plans to go and visit Jirou, but then later we saw a small scene with her mum saying she couldn't be bothered to go and was now staying put.

If she was just a figment of Jirou's imagination the entire time, I can't see how that could've happened - he wasn't even involved with that scene.
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

I liked this episode a lot, for an older viewer like me who grew up with Bioman, the references were nice :
The hitotsuki's "host" look is a nod to Monster, who was the funny/ridiculous villain in Bioman, he often got scolded, and his boss reminisces of Dr Man (the hairdo is quite obvious). And when he forces people to compliment him, they do the Bioman roll call ! That was funny and better than what we usually get with hitotsukis.

That said, I'm wondering if kid viewers have a single clue what's going on in this show. I mean, I'm turning 39 this year and even I have no idea. But that show is really something else, it has better characters than the one-liner machines from Ninninger or Kyuranger, likeable villains, flawed heroes...I'll put up with the nonsense if it keeps being so entertaining til the end ! I can get why people don't like it (or Inoue's work in general), though.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Blackcondorguy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:35 am That said, I'm wondering if kid viewers have a single clue what's going on in this show. I mean, I'm turning 39 this year and even I have no idea. But that show is really something else, it has better characters than the one-liner machines from Ninninger or Kyuranger, likeable villains, flawed heroes...I'll put up with the nonsense if it keeps being so entertaining til the end ! I can get why people don't like it (or Inoue's work in general), though.
Part of me wonders if the reason I'm liking Donbrothers so much is because of how low my expectations were. I did not enjoy Zenkaiger, and I was expecting Zenkaiger Series 2. So when episode 1 came out, and it was GOOD, and it was a focus on a non-red, and a girl at that, I was definitely intrigued.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”