My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 18 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.5 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Among Us, the Spider Phone app

What's with this dude made of sand?

The Jamato can score a goal before the Rider players are even on the field? Seems unfair

Even if there weren't mind games, Keiwa isn't an effective goalie. Swap him out

I like his Geats tablet

Is this the first two women have talked to each other in a Rider show?

More and more Sparrow seems like the DisaStar

Buffa, what do you do all day? The mad scientist guy said he was a rare sample, but has done nothing with him so far. I wonder if we'll see his buddy who died here

Oh neat. Plugging in the Jamato Buckle in the bottom half gives him a chest piece. Helheim sure is big

Keiwa's shirt says "Lucky Break" on it

Oh, it's just a frog statue

Hmmm. Shouldn't Keiwa get auto kicked anyway, since he revealed his secret identity to the civilians?

Why does Keiwa have his own special box?

Gotta love that the round is in two parts, just like a two-part episode storyline
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 18 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

on the Jamato getting to score before the Riders are there: 1) technically, Keiwa being there is probably enough to count, 2) even if he weren't, the missions are usually for the Riders to show up and deal with the Jamato who are already in a place doing things, so them starting before the Riders are there is par for the course.

on what Buffa does all day: maybe what the guy meant by him being a rare sample was that he'd get to see what Buffa does around here with free will? or he was waiting for/orchestrated things to see if Buffa would willingly use the Jamato buckle, to see what happens? I'm expecting it to slowly turn him into a more sentient Jamato or Jamato hybrid, like
Spoiler
how using the kiwami lock/being infected by invess poison rather than eating the fruit had effects on Gaim and Baron
on Keiwa revealing his identity: it happened after the Jamato had already shown up and they were inside an area. presumably that doesn't count, because their identities get revealed inside missions all the time (see also when Keiwa got brought back in in the previous DGP, the other hostages were aware of the Riders out of suit selves). I'm guessing civilian memories get wiped after every mission.

on Keiwa's unique box: Geats got a unique box last week. might just be a unique touch with this DGP? that, or an excuse to sell more boxes, since the ? and ! boxes were products you could buy.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Kamen Rider celebrates 50th anniversary by finally passing the bechdel test

Post by takenoko »

>on Keiwa's unique box: Geats got a unique box last week. might just be a unique touch with this DGP? that, or an excuse to sell more boxes, since the ? and ! boxes were products you could buy.

The boxes are cool, but I bet they'd sell at an overpriced cost

/me secretly changes the thread topic

Come to think of it, those kids from the mansion arc know their identities too
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider celebrates 50th anniversary by finally passing the bechdel test

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:47 pm >on Keiwa's unique box: Geats got a unique box last week. might just be a unique touch with this DGP? that, or an excuse to sell more boxes, since the ? and ! boxes were products you could buy.

The boxes are cool, but I bet they'd sell at an overpriced cost

/me secretly changes the thread topic

Come to think of it, those kids from the mansion arc know their identities too
that was the arc I meant, yeah.

and the boxes aren't too expensive by toy standards. not sure what the original Japanese price is, but the site I use was selling the ? box for $28, and the ! one for $32, and that one was only more expensive because it also included the W Driver buckle (they made buckles in the style of the Armed weapons for every main rider belt of the Heisei and Reiwa era so far, as well as Demons, Evil/Live, Jeanne, and Ichigou, V3, and Black that I know of).
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Back on topic on this episode.

Keiwa got 3 DisaStar votes. The two new guys obviously voted for him, so who is the third vote? Was it Ace or Neon, or was someone messing with the vote count behind the scene?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:02 am Back on topic on this episode.

Keiwa got 3 DisaStar votes. The two new guys obviously voted for him, so who is the third vote? Was it Ace or Neon, or was someone messing with the vote count behind the scene?
I thought the implication was it was the two new people and Neon, with Ace being the only one who probably sees through the deception

Speaking of which, Lopo is obviously the DisaStar, right? They're trying too hard to make it seem like it's Sparrow, which seems like an obvious misdirect. Even though he's kind of a jerk for not acknowledging Keiwa's previous conversation, that still doesn't make me think he's the DisaStar, because that's too obvious

As evidence, look at what's going on with Lopo in this episode. She convinces Neon to vote for Keiwa, but she does it super subtlely. And while she just happens to be looking at the fight to point everyone to Keiwa defending the Jamato from Sparrow?

At least the stuff that happens with Sparrow seems like genuine confusion. Like he's definitely "What's going on here?" when he looks at Keiwa earlier in the episode
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Toy discussion

Post by takenoko »

The toy discussion was too good to be lost in this thread, so I clipped it out and put it in its own thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=25851
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

With the mention of the viewers being from another dimension, I'd say there are non-zero odds that Decade is somehow to blame.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Yaiba wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:02 am Back on topic on this episode.

I thought the implication was it was the two new people and Neon, with Ace being the only one who probably sees through the deception
I guess that's the case. I just thought her being his friend, she would at least wait till the last minute to vote instead of wanting him out of the picture right away.

Though I find Keiwa frustrating this episode. He going through the phase of "I want to save everyone so I'm not going to attack anyone and just let the world implode" again.

This game has a time limit, the precious children he keep saying he wants to protect will all be killed if the Jamato wins, yet every single point the Jamato scored was because of him just actively letting them score. I mean, this game is the only game so far that doesn't need to kill any Jamato. If he has doubts of the Jamato's identities, just don't kill them, stop them from scoring and figure it out later.

A hero being naive is good and all, but maybe stop constantly sprouting ideals and actually start acting on it? I'm sure he'll do that next episode but it's frustrating to watch here.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Sparrow being the Desastar is just too obvious and we know Takahashi rarely does obvious in his narrative.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Great episode as always. 5/5 stars. There hasn't been even 1 bad Geats episode so far, imo.

Wow, now they've really turned this into a reality show wot the player interviews..

Why does it feel like they're trying to use Daichi to replace KR Quiz from Zi-O? It's like they completely forgot about him!

You didn't even let them start their meal Game Master...

Oh my gosh, Keiwa's supporter is a frog... Come on, at least give him a human supporter like Ace...

I think Sae should've used the Ninja buckle and duplicated herself to win this game. It would be a piece of cake if there were many Sae on the team. Less of Keiwa, Neon and Daich and more of Sae and Ace is the key to victory.

Can the mad scientist also see how the players act all the time? Because this previous player imposter thing seems to be built solely for Keiwa, and a bit for Neon, maybe.

Super random, but the mom calling for the Riku kid guest starred in Go-Busters episode 45, as Ryuji's marriage interview partner. I know cause I've watched that episode many times over the last year.

Why is Daichi telling Keiwa to keep it a secret? If Daichi isn't the DisaStar then why is he trying to sabotage Keiwa?

Michinaga's forced transformation is too good. And so are his fight scenes.

16:14 The place Michinaga is at resembles the place Mitsume went into in Ace's flashback, iirc.

Unexpected girl from Neon and Sae. I like it.

So the secret missions come the sponsors?

If he's not gonna put the Ninja buckle to use, why did Daichi confiscate it at all? Totally pointless.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:11 pm I like his Geats tablet
The Gene dude has great style too, specifically for such a young character. When did a teenager in a Toei Toku show have such great clothes (not counting Neon since she's a rich influencer and all).
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:11 pm Is this the first two women have talked to each other in a Rider show?
That might not be the case, but they usually don't do "girls talks", not in the TV series anyways. They should have had dialogues like these in the Girls Remix.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

By requiring a unanimous vote to eliminate a Rider, it is actually better for the Desaster to keep the other Riders around as long as possible. If the Desaster is not the target of a vote, they can spoil things by not voting with the majority. If the Desaster is the target, they only need to convince 1 out of 4 players to vote for someone else. This become much harder to do if Riders are voted out.

Daichi is taking a huge risk by lying. There is a possibility that the viewers saw the conversation between Keiwa and Daichi. This could tank his popularity rating and lead others to suspect that he is the Desastar.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I guess that Lopo is the Desaster because if you have two regular females in a Kamen Rider then it becomes Super Sentai. In this case Lopo would be pink and Neon would be Yellow.

I saw on youtube recently a video about a Japanese reality show from around 1999. It was more like kidnapping and serial torture. The KR reality show seems a lot more tame.

Were the original Jamato the people in the Don Brothers episode who ate the fruit from the monster's inner mind world?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Arigomi wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:47 pm By requiring a unanimous vote to eliminate a Rider, it is actually better for the Desaster to keep the other Riders around as long as possible. If the Desaster is not the target of a vote, they can spoil things by not voting with the majority. If the Desaster is the target, they only need to convince 1 out of 4 players to vote for someone else. This become much harder to do if Riders are voted out.

Daichi is taking a huge risk by lying. There is a possibility that the viewers saw the conversation between Keiwa and Daichi. This could tank his popularity rating and lead others to suspect that he is the Desastar.
Keiwa being really the Desastar would be a smarter narrative. I mean, he never really needed to cause a stir between the Riders, just the mention of his existence is enough. And since majority of his fellow Riders are overthinkers, he simply needed to convince everyone that he is not the Desastar and then survive until the final round.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

resop2 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:11 pm I saw on youtube recently a video about a Japanese reality show from around 1999. It was more like kidnapping and serial torture. The KR reality show seems a lot more tame.
I believe you are talking about the infamous reality TV show Susunu! Denpa Shonen. The guy that participated in that horrible social experiment is known by his stage name Nasubi. Thankfully he survived the ordeal. Nasubi played the role of Watcherman, a recurring character on Kamen Rider W.

The outcome wasn't as fortunate with the Japanese reality TV show Terrace House. That show followed the lives of young adults living together in a share house. I never saw it myself, but I heard it was incredibly popular on Netflix with international audiences. One of the participants, Kimura Hana took her own life after a wave of cyberbullying. Her mother sued the producers in late 2022. I was reminded of this show when the DGP shifted towards this new format.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”