Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Geats belt is cheap right now

Post by takenoko »

<CrazyAznKT> Woah, this is a pretty good price right? Cool that we don’t have to pay Japanese shipping now https://shop.bandai.com/desire-driver-h ... ai-dx.html

Wasn't planning to pick up this belt, but $50 for a Rider belt is a pretty good deal
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Geats belt is cheap right now

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

oh, wow, that IS a decent price.

having just gotten mine in the mail last wednesday, two things to note before buying that, though:

1) that's JUST the belt, not the belt and holders set, meaning if you want the zombie buckle, buffa id core, and side part holders for other buckles, you have to buy that as a separate purchase that I don't think they have listed on that site.

2) I'm not sure if I'm putting on a little weight, they're making the actual belt parts smaller, or both, but the belt IS rather tight, so unless you're fine with not wearing it, you'll want to pick up at least one of the $10 belt extender parts they have listed in the Kamen Rider section of the site. another option, though I don't think this site lists it as far as I can find so you'll have to use other sources, is there's a Premium Bandai release you can currently order that'll be delivered a few months from now, closer to late spring/summer time, of the CSM style belt parts, but designed to look match the Desire Driver belt parts, along with new side holders designed to fit the new belt.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Unless they've changed it, I was never going to be able to wear a Rider belt lol. I did pick up a belt extender like 10 years ago, but not sure if they still use the same format for the belt portion
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

it's the same style they've been using for the past few years at least, where the left side is full of holes to plug into, and the right side is smooth with two plugs at the end. for the Desire Driver it's "main belt" style where the two sides have a dedicated connector piece for hooking into either side of the main body of the belt, as opposed to the style they did with belts like the Shot Riser and Raid Riser from Zero-One or Saikou's sword in Saber (examples pulled from ones I own) where it's two straps that still work like the main belt, except instead of connecting to the buckle piece with clips, they slide through loops on the buckle and connect to each other a second time, making them an even smaller fit.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think the connector was for the Decade and Blade style belts, so I guess those are still in use? I'm honestly surprised they didn't change it up even sooner

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”