My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 19 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.5 of 5 stars (10 votes)

Is the black borders how we're doing recaps in the future

Also damn, how tall is the suit actor in the jet form?

Geats sure is good at fortnite

Keiwa is the worst goalie

Ninja clone is so overpowered- Oh I guess not

If Geats can do an overpowered move like that, why didn't he do that before the last second lol

New DGP outfits!

Sorry to see Sparrow go, but he had a pretty good run. Man, wouldn't it be a twist if Nago were the DisaStar?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Geats 19 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I don't know if Keiwa's supporter is literally just a statue or using that as an intermediary to talk to him while in another location, but I enjoy the reveal that "hey, you know how our website has secret stats we don't mention in the show, like the Desire Driver being powered by water/hydrogen, or the little extra costume bits giving the 5 riders who had them bonus stats? and Keiwa's is a luck booster, and that's why he kept getting Boost? nah, this frog man kept sending it to him and having to watch in frustration every time this well meaning idiot kept giving it away."

like, I'm imagining Kekera watching the Kick the Can arc, seeing Keiwa FINALLY use the Boost Buckle and shooting with joy at the screen, only to lose his mind when Geats pops in like "ok, thanks for getting me Ninja, dummy."

unless we get sudden surprise new riders added to the season, or we do a thing where the vote is split evenly so no one gets kicked, sticking to "two weeks for a game, then one person is voted off" leaves us about 4 weeks left of the current arc, because we'll spend the next two weeks on the next game, then presumably Sae gets voted off, two weeks on the game after that, then someone else is voted off. my guess being Nago, since there was an interview a while back where either the writer or director or producer or someone said that "everyone who gets on the DGP is going to have a focus scene of them getting dropped or killed" and if we don't count the end of the first full DGP that we saw, she's the only one who hasn't had that yet. after that point, either they've voted out the DisaStar, or it's Ace or Keiwa and the DisaStar is in the final two, so according to this episode's rule at the end they just win automatically like when the number of Impostors/Werewolves in a game of Amogus or Werewolf is equal to the number of crewmates/villagers left. if it IS either Sae or Nago, then we get another week or two for the final game, but I'm expecting Chirami to subtly nudge people toward voting in ways that might keep the DisaStar in, since he wants drama all the way to the end.

I mentioned in a spoiler a couple weeks ago, because it had only shown up in what I now know to be a real photo that Geats had a little Gigant widget to use that summons the Magnum Shooter 40X. I went to my toy Powered Builder buckle to check, and it's got 3 pins in the center piece where the little widgets get placed to summon a weapon, the widgets themselves having holes in them to keep some pins from being pressed. so I checked all the combos.

just the left pin pressed says "Gigant Sword", just the right says "Gigant Hammer", both sides at once is "Gigant Blaster", and all 3 at once is "Gigant Arms" because you can fit the "Armed X" buckles in there, but they have no holes in the back. pressing left and middle at the same time made it say "Gigant Shooter", just the middle said "Gigant Dueler" and middle and right was "Gigant Breaker", so whether we see it in the show or not, we can probably at least expect a toy release sometime in the future of a 3 set of the Shooter, Dueler, and Breaker widgets for the Magnum, Ninja, and Zombie buckles' weapons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Now we need a montage of Kekera reacting to everything in DGP up to this point

It's funny you mention that, since they made a point of adding the Magnum Buckle to the episode page on Asahi. It seemed odd, since that buckles been around since episode 1
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Lol at Daichi doing a double take and checking his tent after the Gamemaster popped out from it.

Did they confiscated Keiwa's Commander buckle too?

I want a steak for midnight snack as well.

Everytime Keiwa is feeling miserable, Ace saves his butt.

People have been theorizing Nago is the Desastar, since her dad is a high level sponsor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yaiba wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 pm People have been theorizing Nago is the Desastar, since her dad is a high level sponsor.
I'm not the first one? Awww

Who is Nago's true love though? Ace? Keiwa? I think she kind of has a thing for Keiwa
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

At this point I'll be happy when this whole Disaster arc is done. Voting people off the island in a satirical fashion is one thing, but playing it straight just incurs all the reasons it's boring in the first place. It's melodrama in the place of meaningful plots and meaningful actions.

None the less, it's good that these episodes are still advancing the overall story of the Jamato. Maybe I'm just slow, but up until now it didn't occur to me that the human form Jamato were merely copies. I mean, it's clear that they were grown from what amounts to seeds (broken cores), but I thought there was only ever 1 Jamato for a given human. That they're actually copies - and the original human is truly dead - certainly changes things, not just for Keiwa, but for the viewers as well.

Sadly, even when he exists as multiple copies, poor KyouryuuBlue doesn't get any meaningful lines. I guess they're just keeping him around for his face at this point.:lol:

As for Buffa, I had initially assumed he was off in some wholly other dimension. The fact that he's instead just in some corner of the Earth (and not too far off, since he walked back to Tokyo!) makes it a much smaller world. Though given the ruined state of the Jamato farm, I'd appreciate an explanation as to how it's somehow outside of society. People and satellites wouldn't miss something like that. Either way, we need him back. Someone needs to keep Ace on his toes.

And man, sometimes it seems like the stunties have the most interesting job in the world. Pretending to play basketball with monsters on the rooftops of Tokyo; it's delightfully absurd.:D
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:39 pm Is the black borders how we're doing recaps in the future
That and the interviews; yeah, that would seem to be the case. Since this entire series is a basic pastiche of reality TV, I appreciate that they're keeping things interesting by cycling from log entries to interviews (and I'm assuming they'll change things up again farther along).
Keiwa is the worst goalie
He really is. Especially given his skill set, he's much better suited for offense. But then it's a big character defining moment that he wanted to stick back and protect the soup kitchen (are soup kitchens specifically for kids a thing in Japan?).
New DGP outfits!
New outfits? Did I miss something? Everyone seemed to be wearing their usual oversized jackets.
Yaiba wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 pm I want a steak for midnight snack as well.
The heartburn wouldn't be worth it. :|
Everytime Keiwa is feeling miserable, Ace saves his butt.
Ace is arguably doing fine on his own, if not a little too good at it. None the less, having Keiwa around is good for Ace; he needs that angel on his shoulder to help ensure he doesn't lose sight of the bigger picture in the world - that there's more going on than just his AWOL mom.
Last edited by ViRGE on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Maybe I'm just slow, but up until now it didn't occur to me that the human form Jamato were merely copies.

I figured it out when he was a monster that turned into a human lol. But we all have our blind spots for obvious things at times

>As for Buffa, I had initially assumed he was off in some wholly other dimension.

Like this for example. I thought he was in a different dimension too, and didn't even question how he got back to Earth

>And man, sometimes it seems like the stunties have the most interesting job in the world. Pretending to play basketball with monsters on the rooftops of Tokyo; it's delightfully absurd.:D

It is a nice change of setting, to say the least

> (are soup kitchens specifically for kids a thing in Japan?).

I meant to ask Luna about that. I think in America if you hang around the cafeteria, they might have the shitty pb sandwiches for kids who forgot their lunch?
New DGP outfits!
New outfits? Did I miss something? Everyone seemed to be wearing their usual oversized jackets.

The ladies had their DGP branded colorful tops this eps

And Keiwa has his "lucky break" shirt in the midnight snack scene
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:36 am But then it's a big character defining moment that he wanted to stick back and project the soup kitchen (are soup kitchens specifically for kids a thing in Japan?).
Okay, so I had to research this a bit because I was unfamiliar with the jp term. The word is 子供食堂 which essentially translates to "children's cafeteria" but doesn't give you the nuance of the term. It's a place where underprivileged kids can go to get a warm, filling, nutritious meal, and also hang out with other kids after school somewhere adults can keep an eye on them. Basically it's the answer to latchkey kids. A lot of adults work late or multiple jobs and can't always earn enough to feed the kids so the soup kitchen/after school care solves both those problems.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:57 am
New DGP outfits!

The ladies had their DGP branded colorful tops this eps

And Keiwa has his "lucky break" shirt in the midnight snack scene
Ahh. I didn't even pay attention to those outfits. It's not normally what I think of when I think "DGP", but sure enough, it is.

How much are those shirts selling for on P-Bandai? :lol:
Lunagel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:25 am
ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:36 am But then it's a big character defining moment that he wanted to stick back and project the soup kitchen (are soup kitchens specifically for kids a thing in Japan?).
Okay, so I had to research this a bit because I was unfamiliar with the jp term. The word is 子供食堂 which essentially translates to "children's cafeteria" but doesn't give you the nuance of the term. It's a place where underprivileged kids can go to get a warm, filling, nutritious meal, and also hang out with other kids after school somewhere adults can keep an eye on them. Basically it's the answer to latchkey kids. A lot of adults work late or multiple jobs and can't always earn enough to feed the kids so the soup kitchen/after school care solves both those problems.
Thanks, Luna! So a latchkey program with food; that makes sense.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Lol, they're not even being subtle with the question...

Hey... Lopo's finally using the Ninja buckle. This better be good.
Oh, come on, she didn't even replicate herself! What's the point, then?
Finally... Ok, why did that not work? It was the perfect strategy...

When did Michinaga get to the human world?

Oh, so this Kekera guy is why Keiwa kept returning to the game... And lol, he's been giving Keiwa the Boost buckles... 🤣

Man, I wonder how Keiwa is feeling to be yelled at by a speaking frog statue... 😆

Why is Ace bringing food for Michinaga? How did he even know Michinaga was in this world, cuz it seems he didn't go to meet Ace right after he came back....?

Why is the onigiri brand named "cow food"...? I get the reference of Michinaga being a buffalo and therefore "cow food"... But how is a name like that supposed to make sense in-universe?

Oh, I am loving this. For the first time, Michinaga knows more than Ace. The only thing better would be everyone else knowing more than Ace but we'll have to wait a while before we can see that.

Oh wow, Ace is totally making fun of Michinaga even in the middle of this serious conversation. 😆 I totally get why Michinaga despises him... Cuz even I hate him in this particular moment.

What is Ace's deal with trying to make everyone participate in the DGP? Even he knows it's corrupted and shady, then why is he asking others to trust them?

Wait, why does Michinaga still have the Jamato buckle? I thought he wasn't gonna rely on the DGP or the Jamato's power to fulfill his desire...

Timestamp 10:30 - What's with that look on Sae's face? Suspicious...

Why is Chirami such a creep? Perverted, even, with his gestures and moaning...

Has Ace not been sleeping since this season started? How is he supposed to sleep on those chairs in the bar?

Keiwa you stole my lines right there... This is too much for a "midnight snack".

Ace has too much faith in the power of DGP, especially for someone who's trying to reveal its secrets.

Why is no participant suspecting Ace to be the DisaStar? He's more likely to be a backstabber than the rest, given his history of fooling people. I'm just saying from the others' perspective, I do not suspect him, though.

Why is Ace so supportive of everyone? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Timestamp 19:01- What the heck is Tycoon passing by Nago and Lopo at the same time supposed to signify?

Whoa, broken helmet! That's big... When was the last time someone had a broken helmet on the tv series in KR?

I'm glad that Lopo will stick around for longer. We need more female players in the DGP. Although I do wish to see Nudge Sparrow come back sometime in the future.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:39 pm Sorry to see Sparrow go, but he had a pretty good run. Man, wouldn't it be a twist if Nago were the DisaStar?
Out of all the outcomes, the most interesting one to me would be if Nago was the DisaStar.
takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:35 am Now we need a montage of Kekera reacting to everything in DGP up to this point
Yes, we totally do.
Yaiba wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 pm Lol at Daichi doing a double take and checking his tent after the Gamemaster popped out from it.
Oh wow. I totally didn't catch that. But now that you've pointed it out, it really is funny.
Yaiba wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 pm Everytime Keiwa is feeling miserable, Ace saves his butt.
Iirc, everytime anyone is feeling miserable, Ace saves their butt/cheers them up. It happens for Neon and Michinaga too.
takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 pm Who is Nago's true love though? Ace? Keiwa? I think she kind of has a thing for Keiwa
Aww. 🥹 I'm pleasantly surprised that someone other than me actually cares about this. I think it's pretty obvious that her true love is gonna be Keiwa. I would prefer a twist where Ace is actually her true love and not Keiwa, but... The world of Toei Tokusatsu refuses to fulfill my desires more often than not (especially when it comes to romance). I still don't get why someone came up with the formula to pair up the heroines of the seasons with the 2nd/3rd Rider instead of the main one. Cuz I hate this... It may work for a few seasons, but recently any season that has some kind of romance in it always ended up pairing the heroine with the 2nd/3rd Rider.
takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:57 am The ladies had their DGP branded colorful tops this eps
Oh those... It's nice to see them finally putting these female characters into their Sentai parallel colors. Seeing Sae wearing pink is kinda strange, but she does seem to fit the trope of an "older sister" Sentai Pink ranger.
ViRGE wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:36 am Ace is arguably doing fine on his own, if not a little too good at it. None the less, having Keiwa around is good for Ace; he needs that angel on his shoulder to help ensure he doesn't lose sight of the bigger picture in the world - that there's more going on than just his AWOL mom.
I'd say having both Keiwa and Neon around is good for Ace. Cuz I'm more than 70% sure that these 2 are the only people who haven't become his enemies in all the years he's participated in the DGP.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The riceball says Gyuu-meshi, which literally translates to beef rice. But gyuu also means cow/buffalo/bull and meshi means food, so cow food also works. It's just another way of Geats to make fun of Buffa for being the cattle rider
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:24 am The riceball says Gyuu-meshi, which literally translates to beef rice. But gyuu also means cow/buffalo/bull and meshi means food, so cow food also works. It's just another way of Geats to make fun of Buffa for being the cattle rider
Thanks for the explanation.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, Neon is Rider Sentai Desire-ger Yellow and Lopo is Pink. I guess Gates, since he is a Gary Stu, is Red, Keiwa is an eccentric Green, and Buffa is a Silver sixth ranger (since he doesn't hang out with the rest of the group). Maybe in the next DGP they will introduce a stoic Blue Desire-ger?

As for Noen's true love, I wonder if it is one of her bodyguards? Because of their position she can't marry one of them unless she fulfills her wish, but at least without the DGP she gets to have them chase after her. Also, I wonder if Neon is competent enough to evade capture by her bodyguards but secretly chooses to get caught each time?

If Keiwa wins and successfully brings back all the dead Desire-gers (in a good way), will Buffa still be a zombie?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:27 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:24 am The riceball says Gyuu-meshi, which literally translates to beef rice. But gyuu also means cow/buffalo/bull and meshi means food, so cow food also works. It's just another way of Geats to make fun of Buffa for being the cattle rider
Thanks for the explanation.
Except in this situation there's no way a native speaker would see it as "cow food". If it was supposed to be actual cow food then it'd be esa, not meshi. Frankly I think the translator should have been more focused on accuracy and less on a confusing laugh.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

But clearly Geats only got it for Buffa because he's always making fun of him being a bull Rider. Maybe it's English's fault for having a different word for cow as food than cow as an animal

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”