No votes

Total votes: 9
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 19 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:54 pm Maybe it's English's fault for having a different word for cow as food than cow as an animal
Blame the French for that
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:48 pm
takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:54 pm Maybe it's English's fault for having a different word for cow as food than cow as an animal
It's different in most Western European languages I think. German is Kuh/Rindfleisch, Italian is Vacca/Manzo, Spanish is vaca/res, French is vache/bœuf.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:59 am
Lunagel wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:48 pm
It's different in most Western European languages I think. German is Kuh/Rindfleisch, Italian is Vacca/Manzo, Spanish is vaca/res, French is vache/bœuf.
No, really, blame the French. https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/why-pi ... lled-pork/
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think the DisaStar doesn't exist as a way for the current Gamemaster just to toy with the players. Now I'm thinking that they could make the DisaStar Buffa since he could be a hidden player and steals the Desire God title since no one could reasonably figure out there could have been a sixth player.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it'd be dissatisfying if it were Buffa or no one at all. It crosses the line from twist to just the Gamemaster entering cheating territory for me
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:33 am we can probably at least expect a toy release sometime in the future of a 3 set of the Shooter, Dueler, and Breaker widgets for the Magnum, Ninja, and Zombie buckles' weapons.
called it.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There are weapon raise buckles now? so confusing

But hey, at least you get a cool box out of it. Down point, if it's anything like the show, you can only fit one buckle in it XD
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 am There are weapon raise buckles now? so confusing

But hey, at least you get a cool box out of it. Down point, if it's anything like the show, you can only fit one buckle in it XD
they're small size, like the three gigant buckles Geats was already using, so smaller than a normal "Armed ____" buckle. BUT these ones CAN do a small motion like the armed buckles do, so unlike the gigant ones, they CAN trigger sounds if you put them into the driver by themselves. apparently they substitute for their original buckles, since the photos from the website and on the back of the box show them being used with the Boost buckle to make the same sounds as their normal buckle counterparts.

as for fitting stuff in it, yeah, these are sized to fit either a) the Desire Driver itself with nothing on it except the core ID and maybe armed buckles if you wanted to, b) a single large buckle, or c) 5 small buckles, with two on either long side and one in the middle of the bottom. if you wanna store all your stuff in boxes you gotta get a lot of boxes.

and since, unsurprisingly, they're selling the Geats specific box, I'm now wondering a) when they inevitably sell Tycoon's too, is it gonna come packaged with anything, like how this one has the three weapons, or the yellow ! box had the W driver buckle, or is it gonna be just the box, like the pink ? box was? and b) will they make personalized boxes for anyone else? because I figure they might for Nago, since she's a more main character than the rest of the riders we keep cycling through, but she's also not "primary/secondary" rider, and anyone outside those roles tends to get limited accessories/upgrades, and same with Buffa being the "Rival" character, since Tycoon is officially "secondary", and also he's "dead" as far as the DGP cares.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:21 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 am There are weapon raise buckles now? so confusing

they're small size, like the three gigant buckles Geats was already using, so smaller than a normal "Armed ____" buckle. BUT these ones CAN do a small motion like the armed buckles do, so unlike the gigant ones, they CAN trigger sounds if you put them into the driver by themselves. apparently they substitute for their original buckles, since the photos from the website and on the back of the box show them being used with the Boost buckle to make the same sounds as their normal buckle counterparts.

as for fitting stuff in it, yeah, these are sized to fit either a) the Desire Driver itself with nothing on it except the core ID and maybe armed buckles if you wanted to, b) a single large buckle, or c) 5 small buckles, with two on either long side and one in the middle of the bottom. if you wanna store all your stuff in boxes you gotta get a lot of boxes.
You can fit more than 5 small buckles in one if you ignore the rails and just use it like a normal plastic box.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:01 am
takenoko wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:51 pm Who is Nago's true love though? Ace? Keiwa? I think she kind of has a thing for Keiwa
Aww. 🥹 I'm pleasantly surprised that someone other than me actually cares about this (even if that's very little). I think it's pretty obvious that her true love is gonna be Keiwa. I would prefer a twist where Ace is actually her true love and not Keiwa, but... The world of Toei Tokusatsu refuses to fulfill my desires more often than not (especially when it comes to romance). I still don't get why someone came up with the formula to pair up the heroines of the seasons with the 2nd/3rd Rider instead of the main one. Cuz I hate this... It may work for a few seasons, but recently any season that has some kind of romance in it always ended up pairing the heroine with the 2nd/3rd Rider.
I just remembered, that in the first episode Ace hits on Neon for a moment or so, he says that he's kinda disappointed, thinking Keiwa is her boyfriend when he meets the 2 of them for the first time. And when Neon says that Keiwa isn't her boyfriend, he's like, "Good, then I have a chance with you after all." It could be him joking around or whatever, but this was pretty interesting to me, and kinda gives me hope that they just might end up together after all. Maybe not really relevant, but I just wanted to say it because I suddenly remembered this today.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice