Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Re: KR Geats 20 discussion thread

Post by TrissieQ »

This is more a general comment about about the threads themselves: When I first discovered the TV-Nihon forums in the W to Giam years it was rich and meaty and went on and on with fervor, but by build to zero-one it was a very thin stew... Seeing the Giam talk, and noticing it myself, this forum seems back to it's old self! Good goin' TOEI and all the still passionate souls who make this site alive (again)!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it helps when there's an interesting series going on and not just me complaining about the show being mid lol

Edit

>Why is Keiwa sleeping on the couch even after Daichi is gone? And seriously, does Ace sleep on the bar? Why can't the guys share the space like the girls? And are they given just this room to live? I thought this whole place is pretty big, with the training rooms and all, how come they don't have separate rooms for the participants to live in?

lol, guess the sharehouse logistics don't make too much sense

>Wait, their phones can become drones too? That's new..... and cool.

Didn't the spiderphones do their spider thing in a previous episode? You're right that they're pretty underuesed for being called spiderphones

>It's only been a few episodes, but I love Neon and Sae's friendship! I haven't seen this kind of friendship being portrayed on the Rider shows I've watched so far, so I'm enjoying this even more.

Rider passes the bechdtal test for the first time in 50 years

>Yeah, the pacing is comfortable for a casual watcher, I think. It's helpful in retaining the amount of information we get in the previous episode. Geats is definitely better than all the previous Reiwa KR seasons, cuz I recently finished Zero-One which completes all the Reiwa Era KR seasons. I can see a good difference in the quality of Zero-One & Geats. I hope Geats will meet our expectations and remain good till the end. It's hard to believe it's almost halfway over... 20 episodes... It still feels to me like it started last month.

Yeah, it's heartening to see Takahashi grow as a writer. Nice!
TrissieQ
Adventure
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Giam
Dreamy: Hant
Favorite Actor?: Himitsu
Favorite Band: BAND-MAID
My boom: BL
Quote: There are 375 new laws against me since I joined the forum! Are any of you that blessed with conservative hate?

Post by TrissieQ »

>Why is Keiwa sleeping on the couch even after Daichi is gone? And seriously, does Ace sleep on the bar? Why can't the guys share the space like the girls? And are they given just this room to live? I thought this whole place is pretty big, with the training rooms and all, how come they don't have separate rooms for the participants to live in?

...er...Well, maybe the boys aren't sleeping in separate bunk beds like "good boys" should..? Ya'know? When was the last time you saw a ugly boy/man in either TOEI franchise? And when are they gonna hint at a Yuri relationship? The few males that still believe in testosterone new a fantasy life they can never experience as well. Maybe this is too much gender talk on a young teen show.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

TrissieQ wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:41 pm >Why is Keiwa sleeping on the couch even after Daichi is gone? And seriously, does Ace sleep on the bar? Why can't the guys share the space like the girls? And are they given just this room to live? I thought this whole place is pretty big, with the training rooms and all, how come they don't have separate rooms for the participants to live in?

...er...Well, maybe the boys aren't sleeping in separate bunk beds like "good boys" should..? Ya'know? When was the last time you saw a ugly boy/man in either TOEI franchise? And when are they gonna hint at a Yuri relationship? The few males that still believe in testosterone new a fantasy life they can never experience as well. Maybe this is too much gender talk on a young teen show.
As for a Yuri relationship, what if Neon wins this DGP and realizes that her and Lopo are meant to be together? Then Lopo would not have to compete since Neon could provide financial security for her siblings. Also, with more that half of the show left, there is still time for Keiwa's sister to join the DGP.

As for previous Yuri relationships, they had one in the Kamen Rider Saber/Zenkaiser cross over episode. Also in Lupin Vs Pat Ranger there was a lot on nudge nudge wink wink between (untransformed) Pink and Yellow.

As for non-bishounen boys, I think they had several of them on Don Brothers,
Spoiler
but they turned out to be illusions.
As for Ace/Keiwa as a pairing, Ace did hug both Neon and Keiwa in the first episode. Ace/Buffa would also be a pairing that could come from the plot.
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 am The Jamato have sponsors too? What kind of convoluted world is this? And which world are these teen audience members (Gene & Beroba) from? I assume they're high schoolers and know each other from school or the same peer group or whatever. They're very strange... And of course, mysterious. Beroba's wearing contacts of different colors on 2 different eyes and it took me a while to notice that.
I totally got a sibling vibe from the two of them. More specifically, twins. (Fraternal, obviously.)

And with that in mind, it's not a totally illogical leap to the conclusion that she's mainly sponsoring the Jamato and now Buffa to spite him. Like he declared that the DGP was his "thing" and didn't want her to be part of it, so she started sponsoring the Jamato to mess with him. And then when he declared his viewing room "for Rider supporters only", she was more than happy to start supporting Buffa, so she could annoy him while following his rule. The fact that Buffa is the main rival to Gene's beloved Geats is a bonus.

In other words, they're meant to be a brother/sister that contrast with Keiwa and his sister.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's a neat theory. I do wonder who the sponsors are. I'm getting a real aliens making humans fight each other feeling from them
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 am Next time, Isuzu Daichi returns!! I hope this means both Daichi and Sae will be appearing in the future after this arc is over.
I just want an explanation about why Daichi lied about Keiwa. It doesn't make any sense. If you aren't the Dezastar, stirring up trouble creates cover for the real Dezaster.

It was nice to see a DGP game get resolved in just one episode. Breaking out of an established pattern keeps things from feeling too predictable.

I liked how Beroba messed with Michinaga's pride to negotiate a deal.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:21 pm
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 am Next time, Isuzu Daichi returns!! I hope this means both Daichi and Sae will be appearing in the future after this arc is over.
I just want an explanation about why Daichi lied about Keiwa. It doesn't make any sense. If you aren't the Dezastar, stirring up trouble creates cover for the real Dezaster.
He saw an easy target to eliminate as a rival and he took it. Some people are just like that
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I’d mentioned hoping that the Big Reveal would lead to a some meta commentary on Kamen Rider as a show, and it does look like we’re getting some of that, between the new gamemaster complaining about the show getting too formulaic and disagreements between the sponsors and producers (if I recall right, there’s been some tension in the past between what the series’ team wants to write and what Bandai wants to sell). Only a matter of time until we see where it’s going, though so far things seem to be going smoothly.

Not gonna lie, it’s a shame Lobo is the back stabber. Having no actual DezaStar would’ve played well with the DGP’s mind game shenanigans, and it’d also have been neat to have someone like Nago or Keiwa struggle with balancing their loyalty to their friends with their ideal worlds. I love her older-sister dynamic with Nago (plus, finally, Bechdel tests!), but that’s really the only relationship she has that seems to have an impact.

I like that even Ace is weirded out by Buffa enough to ask if he’s okay; very consistent with his says-he’s-a-jerk-more-than-he-is personality. I still feel more interested in where it’s all going rather than where it necessarily is, despite the fact that we’re closing in on the halfway mark; maybe it’s because the DGP continues to be moatly episodic/really short arcs with the main story in the background by comparison?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”