DonBrothers 47 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:14 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
38%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: DonBrothers 47 discussion thread

Post by resop2 »

So many questions!

Will the misfortune that Tsubasa will suffer be that Natsumi decides that be being Miho is more fun and be with Tsuyoshi? Or, will Natsumi decide that being Miho is better because Sononi will tell Natsumi that Tsubasa sacrificed everything to save Sononi's life?

If the Oni Don Brother makes it to the end without being found out will they become the winner of the Desire Gran Prix and get their wish granted? Since there has not been a crossover episode yet, it would be dope if Tsumuri (from Kamen Rider Geats) randomly shows up yelling "Congratulations!".

Will Jirou have a happy ending if his four imaginary friends were based on four real kids that had been held captive in the Jyuto forest and now come back to him? Or, they come back as ghosts that only Jirou can see unless the other characters hold their breaths?

Would Don Brothers have been better if they had a three second insert each episode where they showed all of the gears that Great Hero was collecting?

Are the Nouto and the Don Brothers "Best friends, better enemies?"
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Arigomi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:23 pm On paper, being a character focused episode sounds good. In practice, the writing didn't focus on any particular character. Having 9+ characters in the same room interacting was interesting, but I didn't find it engaging. The episode had a clip show kind of vibe because there was a lot of "telling" rather than "showing" to answer viewer questions. Many of the answers were also unsatisfying because they felt shallow on an emotional level.
In retrospect, I think this comment hits on the reason why this episode felt oddly off to me: it did have a clip show vibe. They thankfully didn't use too many actual clips, but it is definitely the kind of setup that would be used for a clip show.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:59 pmWill the misfortune that Tsubasa will suffer be that Natsumi decides that be being Miho is more fun and be with Tsuyoshi? Or, will Natsumi decide that being Miho is better because Sononi will tell Natsumi that Tsubasa sacrificed everything to save Sononi's life?
Natsumi isn't Miho though. She has none of Miho's memories. Tsuyoshi is a complete stranger to her, though I have no doubt he will harass her the second he sees her.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Fun episode. 4/5. Glad to have Haruka back to the center after a while. Always enjoy her facial expressions and reactions.

Can I just say I love the whole aesthetic of Sonogo? I love it and it's way better than Sononi. I like her appearance and clothing style way better than Sononi. She wears pants! And that alone is a huge plus point. And I like purple way better than white. That's just for the character out of suit. The warrior mode is probably less likable than Sononi to me.

Ok, this conference is way more fun than expected. I like less fights in an episode already and seeing all these characters just talk it out(or refuse to do so) is pretty enjoyable.

My "screw you Zenkaizer Black" feelings are really strong this episode, for obvious reasons.

It's always fun to see Sononi act like an older sister towards Sonoza, especially in this episode.

Are they forgetting the Shurikenki dude on purpose cuz they just want to tease Tsuyoshi here?

How long has Zenkaizer Black been reading "Zenkaiger E No Chousen"? Is that repeated for a good reason or is it just a random (& recurring) Easter egg?

Is it fair to say that Donbrothers stole my joke? Probably not... But it's still interesting that they made Tsuyoshi spell it out in this episode. I laughed at this thing so long ago when we first learned what Miho was.

I wrote this in my post for the discussion thread of episode 30:
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:16 am Oh, heck! Tsuyoshi married a Jyuto!!! 🤣😂 That's hilarious... At first I thought the Jyuto only possessed Natsumi, but now that I'm realizing that Miho is just a Jyuto with Natsumi's appearance, it makes this thing kinda hilarious...
So the replacement Nouto trio acknowledge that they're all weird and troublesome.... Ok, that's interesting.

Watching the tv rips this week in particular is so interesting because it's advertising the Chou Eiyuu Sai in the telops. I'm pretty excited about this year. Would've been even more if they hadn't postponed the Donbrothers character song album release by a whole month. Still hoping the Geats cast performs their character songs that were released this week.
I don't get how Jin didn't notice his "true hero" the first time. Shouldn't he recognize Zenkaizer Black just by his voice at this point? I expected Jin to at least turn and look at him the first time, but that didn't happen.... 😶😑😐🙄

What I never got is, who is holding Jin captive? I get that the Nouto(most probably the Senate) imprisoned him. But is he not being monitored or anything? How can he just leave that prison cell on his own will?

If Jin can send people to the Juuto forest with the press of a button, is that button the entrance to the forest that he is supposedly 'guarding'? That makes the whole 'guarding' thing underwhelming.

Zenkaizer Black said Jin doesn't need to humble himself... And here I thought he loved being treated like an ultimate savior...

Should I feel pity for Jirou? Cuz the show is telling not to care...

If the Nouto trio are no longer Nouto, nor humans, what should they be called? Since they haven't joined the Donbrothers yet....

Did Sononi ever 'literally' blow people away? Cuz I like this ability of Sonogo's a lot.

The issue Shin'ichi has with the Nouto becoming the Donbrothers' allies makes no sense to me. He asked for them to show their sincerity, they did that. What more is he asking for?

Why does Tarou call Tsubasa by his full name? Is it because they don't know each other well?

If Jin's vote doesn't count, why the heck did he show his face out in the real world?

I would totally dig it if Haruka was gonna be the last boss. Like, "surprise, I was gonna turn on you guys all along!" At least it would mean that the big bad is an interesting character.

So if they use the kibi points to grant a wish, misfortune falls upon them by default, whether or not they have negative number of Kibi Points afterwards or not? It's like a monkey's paw thing?
And if that's the rule, I'm afraid Tsubasa might end up losing Natsumi after all. I sure hope that's not the case.

How come Sonoi and Sonoza never questioned how Sononi was still alive even after being lethally injured?

It's hilarious that even Tarou had a significant reaction seeing Sononi attempt to flirt with Tsubasa. 🤣

Am I the only one who thinks that Shin'ichi looks visibly relieved/happy seeing Sononi get rejected?

It's interesting that Shin'ichi proposes that the Nouto trio start as backup crew as that's exactly what the Nouto said when they asked the Donbrothers to join the Nouto. The sad part is that Shin'ichi fails to mention this fact.

Tarou gets bored...? That's new.

I can't believe Jin didn't a say on this matter but the replacement Nouto trio did.... 😑😐🙄

I get why Taki becomes a Hitotsuki (again) but have no clue why the Shinnosuke guy becomes a Hitotsuki... That's just lazy writing to get the 'unimportant' parts outta the way...

Why did Zenkaizer Black take so long the the strawberry parfait whereas he took no time at all for the previous 8 orders?

I don't get or like this fighting dynamic of the Hitotsuki couple, but I'm glad they got rid of Tarou and Tsuyoshi in the process.
I'm not getting why the Zanglassword not being with Tarou after he disappears is such a big deal... Hopefully we get some answers in the next episode?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:27 am Should I feel pity for Jirou? Cuz the show is telling not to care...
I've had an ongoing issue with how the writing handles characterization These attempts to pull my heartstrings or make me laugh don't work if I feel like that type of response is unearned. I've never felt like they bonded as a team or even as casual friends.
Tarou gets bored...? That's new.
I imagine he is bored most of the time given his catchphrase. That might explain his extreme personality shift as Don Momotarou.

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”