What's up with Toei streaming these last two weeks?

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: What's up with Toei streaming these last two weeks?

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:57 am On this topic, apparently Prime Video is gonna start getting the latest episodes: https://twitter.com/krGEATS_toei/status ... 9280139265
is that only in Japan, or are people who have Amazon Prime elsewhere, like the US as it's relevant to me, going to also have access to watching the show that way? I still prefer the subs I use, but it'd be interesting to see them trying to branch Rider stuff out into literal mainstream media consumption areas.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:06 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:57 am On this topic, apparently Prime Video is gonna start getting the latest episodes: https://twitter.com/krGEATS_toei/status ... 9280139265
is that only in Japan, or are people who have Amazon Prime elsewhere, like the US as it's relevant to me, going to also have access to watching the show that way? I still prefer the subs I use, but it'd be interesting to see them trying to branch Rider stuff out into literal mainstream media consumption areas.
That is never going to happen in a million years.

Even the existing official English subs are exclusively for Americans.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Don 48 and Geats 22

Post by takenoko »

Geats started looking okay this week, but quickly turned to shit during the opening. Don was pretty bad to start...
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Don 48 and Geats 22

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:58 pm Geats started looking okay this week, but quickly turned to shit during the opening. Don was pretty bad to start...
:x

Thank you for trying, at least.

I just don't get it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://imgur.com/bhFMC9A

You can see how blocky it is (assumign imgur doesn't lower the quality too much)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh I totally believe you. I just don't get why Toei is sabotaging themselves like this.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:53 am Oh I totally believe you. I just don't get why Toei is sabotaging themselves like this.
Brave (Happy 10th anniversary Kyoryuger, by the way) of you to assume it's intentional.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 am
ViRGE wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:53 am Oh I totally believe you. I just don't get why Toei is sabotaging themselves like this.
Brave (Happy 10th anniversary Kyoryuger, by the way) of you to assume it's intentional.
While I'm normally all for Hanlon's Razor, in this case I have to assume someone would have noticed it after a week or two if it were accidental.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

How long did it last last time? I feel like it was going on quite a while. Did they ever release an official word about why their personal streaming service was like that
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:28 pm How long did it last last time? I feel like it was going on quite a while. Did they ever release an official word about why their personal streaming service was like that
I'm 95% sure we've surpassed the previous streak now. At this point it's just self-sabotage.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Do we remember when this last happened? Was it during the Saber run?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:15 pm Do we remember when this last happened? Was it during the Saber run?
It was during the Zero-One run. You guys went as far as releasing a broadcast cap of episode 16 because the original TTFC version was so poor in quality. The problem had been going on for at least a couple of weeks at that point; I distinctly remember 14 having really awful blocking due to a fight in front of a square-pattern wall.

Just checking my archives (since you asked), it looks like you may not have gone back to TTFC encodes until episode 36 or so?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:36 am
takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:15 pm Do we remember when this last happened? Was it during the Saber run?
It was during the Zero-One run. You guys went as far as releasing a broadcast cap of episode 16 because the original TTFC version was so poor in quality. The problem had been going on for at least a couple of weeks at that point; I distinctly remember 14 having really awful blocking due to a fight in front of a square-pattern wall.

Just checking my archives (since you asked), it looks like you may not have gone back to TTFC encodes until episode 36 or so?
That's a pretty darn long run then
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:28 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:36 am It was during the Zero-One run. You guys went as far as releasing a broadcast cap of episode 16 because the original TTFC version was so poor in quality. The problem had been going on for at least a couple of weeks at that point; I distinctly remember 14 having really awful blocking due to a fight in front of a square-pattern wall.

That's a pretty darn long run then
True. But I'm not sure if that's because it took months for Toei to fix, or you guys were just gun-shy about switching back in case Toei made a mess of things again.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Hey, I was wondering if you guys have tried getting the raws from the other streaming services like Telasa, Amazon, Abema and Tver, the ones that were advertised in the CMs last week. Have you tried comparing the qualities of the raws from these sources? I know Amazon and Telasa require subscriptions. But you can get the raws from Tver and Abema for free and they have the episodes available for a whole week from the premiere date. They just require a VPN.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice