DonBrothers 49 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 49 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 3.88 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Tsuyoshi has a tan? Hey they shifted pink and black down anumber. That's weird

Let's use the mobile camera for this non action scene

Good thing this team is so flaky, it made for a fair three on three fight

Kijino's boss does a great job at looking like the most frazzled man on Earth. Kijino's coworkers are like "What's going on?"

Wait, so Jirou was Rumi, not Terasaki? Jirou could be a whole new character at this point lol. Sonoi just hiding behind the tree like a creeper

Sononi hanging out behind like a creeper

Ooh, Natsumi betrayal

LOL, Tsubasa's pretty okay with Sononi fucking the cops. I guess they did harass him for a whole year. Oh lol, grabbing Sononi's hand in front of the church. Not subtle at all, but funny

Man, it's weird seeing Tsuyoshi almost be normal. (But really, what did Miho/Natsumi see in Tsuyoshi?)

I thought we were done with the Hitotsuki. What sentai is this one?

Oh, he's a buggy king. I get it

Gaja, why do you keep your cart in such weird places

That was a cool overpowered move

I guess the Tsuyoshi/Tsubasa/Natsumi stuff is put off till next eps

Buy this pillow at P-Bandai now

Buy this chopstick at P-Bandai now

I like that Haruka has two hats, since she's got oni horns

Oh, this was the penultimate episode? While some stuff like Jirou's stuff is rushed, I don't hate anything that's going on in the episode. We even get a happy ending for the purple ninja guy. Looks like my prediction about the love triangle is coming true, so time to be unbearably smug
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: DonBrothers 49 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

given that the final Hitotsuki was based on KingOhger, I'm surprised we didn't get to see the gear. I'd have expected Kaito to look at it and go "hey, wait a minute, who tf is this now?"

from the preview, it's almost funny to me that Murasame shows up for a second. like "oh, shit, right, gotta wrap up that thread real quick."

I'm curious just what the reason is behind Tarou and Kaito having issues this episode. Tarou's having off moments and Kaito actually makes a mistake?

so, those two in the robes are probably gonna be the FINAL final antagonists for the season, if I had to guess. probably yet two more new Nouto. wonder if they're the two who ate Tarou's sandwich and brought Sonoi back to life. question, though: was the male one on the left Kaixa's actor? his "crazy smile" looked familiar.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:54 pm given that the final Hitotsuki was based on KingOhger, I'm surprised we didn't get to see the gear. I'd have expected Kaito to look at it and go "hey, wait a minute, who tf is this now?"

from the preview, it's almost funny to me that Murasame shows up for a second. like "oh, shit, right, gotta wrap up that thread real quick."

I'm curious just what the reason is behind Tarou and Kaito having issues this episode. Tarou's having off moments and Kaito actually makes a mistake?

so, those two in the robes are probably gonna be the FINAL final antagonists for the season, if I had to guess. probably yet two more new Nouto. wonder if they're the two who ate Tarou's sandwich and brought Sonoi back to life. question, though: was the male one on the left Kaixa's actor? his "crazy smile" looked familiar.
He is exactly Kaixa. Since this series is Inoue's writing, so Murakami Kouhei - with his close relationship with Inoue - also occurs.

So this series is really doesn't have final boss at all. Maybe Inoue will not explain why Kaito in this series has much power.
Spoiler
In preview of final episode, these scenes remind me of KR 555 last episode: Takumi's last moment

Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Man, I'm just not ready for this show to be over.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

One of the annoying things about being a part of the fandom was hearing the Murakami would be in the episode before I even had a chance to watch the episode where he appeared in the preview. It wasn't anyone here, but on another platform. If it's the same day as when the episode aired, spoiler tag your stuff, since not everyone has time to watch it right away

Edit:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Calendar_ ... _Birthdays
The ironic thing is we know everyone's birthday but Tarou's. We have Saruhara, Haruka, Kijino, and there was an episode on Tsubasa's
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:33 am Man, I'm just not ready for this show to be over.
I'm sure absolutely no one is... Especially Inoue.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Open your eyexa for the return of Kaixa. And Yellow Racer.

This episode really makes me even more sad that we never got a Tsuyoshi/Miho scene after he knew the truth. She just got killed off. Speaking of which, Tsubasa was on the run for a year because the police thought he murdered his GF. Well, Tsuyoshi kind of has to explain where his wife went. Although I have a lot of questions about Miho in general, like how she was able to come seemingly out of nowhere and get a job and get married despite existing on 0 government databases.

It really is amazing how this show keeps changing villains. We went from Sonoshigoroku to Ohsamaki to Kaixa. Donbrothers really is up there with Dekaranger in having no main villain.

So 1 episode left. Chances we get any fucking explanation about Kaito? Because I have accepted at this point that Inoue has no interest in the Zenkaiger elements he was presumably forced to include, given the total abandonment of Don Zenkai-Oh. But please Inoue, give us some answers as to who or what this Kaito is. Is it Zenkai God? I bring this up because I'm guessing Donbrothers vs Zenkaiger is imminent, and so you kind of need to address it.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 pm I thought we were done with the Hitotsuki. What sentai is this one?
Not sure if you've heard but there's a new Sentai starting soon about Kings.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I am so sad this show is almost over.
All the gripes i had about the last two episodes were almost solved in this episode.

I'm gonna fucking miss this show. I still feel like we didn't get to explore the real bad guys. But i don't care anymore. it's not nesscerary to have some big final bad guy. If it means we get spend what remaining minutes we have left with this guys so be it.

God i'm going to miss them. Hasn't been since Gokaiger i've truly enjoyed a cast such as them.

I don't want it to be over (T_T)
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:13 pm
But please Inoue, give us some answers as to who or what this Kaito is. Is it Zenkai God? I bring this up because I'm guessing Donbrothers vs Zenkaiger is imminent, and so you kind of need to address it.
I feel this year we don't have any movie VS Sentai. Normally they will leak some information, but until now there are no information about Donbro VS Zenkai. If Inoue doesn't want to explain Kaito in Donbro, how he can write when Zenkai team meet Donbro team...
Maybe Donbro will have V-Cinema, to explore more things in main series.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I think people need to just give up on Kaito. He was allowed to continue in This series due to how much he had to roleplay by himself during Covid for Zenkaiger. I seriously believe that's the only reason. I feel like he didn't get the true Sentai Acting Experince with other people to showcase his talents and that's the only reason they included him in this series. Which i'm quite okay with, True Hero has been incredibly entertaining. I don't need to know his info. Kinda like Shurricanger from Hurricanger he was way more entertaining and intresting before they explained everything about him. I hope they don't give us any more info on True Hero. Just continue to bask in his awesomeness.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

a couple of things about Tsubasa I saw other people point out elsewhere:

1) not a spoiler, just tagging it so it doesn't take up a ton of space on people:
Spoiler
2) at the end, unless I'm forgetting a time he saw it happen, this is Tsubasa's first time seeing Tarou DIE when he lies, so he doesn't know at first that he'll come back to life, and he's suddenly seeing all his teammates cheering about him just dropping dead. what must he be thinking in that moment?
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

This is the interview actors and actress of Tsubasa, Miho / Natsumi and Tsuyoshi after Episode 49 aired yesterday. They share their feelings about this episode.
https://www.cinematoday.jp/page/A000870 ... FrOAKeSqw8
Spoiler

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:40 am 1) not a spoiler, just tagging it so it doesn't take up a ton of space on people:
Spoiler
Wow, that's a good catch. It's like a poem, it's got to rhyme
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:19 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:40 am 1) not a spoiler, just tagging it so it doesn't take up a ton of space on people:
Spoiler
Wow, that's a good catch. It's like a poem, it's got to rhyme
another catch people noticed: when Tarou and Sonoi are blindfolding themselves, they're using what they used to bandage each other's arms back in episode 27. Sonoi has the Shirokuma scarf, and Tarou has the strip of Sonoi's clothes.

something else I saw someone comment on, that made me feel at least a LITTLE better about how Jirou's story was handled: the reason it barely, if at all, connects with the rest of the DonBrothers story is because his story is about finding himself, and finding his place in the world beyond the belief that he HAS to be a hero.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:00 pm ultimately, I expect the ending to be anticlimactic with Haruka making one last goofy face at the camera like "THAT'S how we're ending this?!"
Well, she broke the 4th wall in this episode and asked if they could get away with making a gag of Momoi dying. It's doesn't seem unlikely now.

I don't expect any of the series loose ends to be tied up next week. I think the whole episode will revolve around resolving the characters' feelings.

Too bad there will be no cross over episode for Don Brothers and Geats even though Haruka's actor's sister is an actor in Geats. They could at least have Momoi and Geats have a Gary Stu off.

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”