DonBrothers 49 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: DonBrothers 49 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:47 pm another catch people noticed: when Tarou and Sonoi are blindfolding themselves, they're using what they used to bandage each other's arms back in episode 27. Sonoi has the Shirokuma scarf, and Tarou has the strip of Sonoi's clothes.
LOL, ohw do people catch stuff like that. It's good though
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

https://twitter.com/FlippySuper/status/ ... 2687954946

An interesting summary of the characters.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 pm I thought we were done with the Hitotsuki. What sentai is this one?
There is still Hurricaneger left, including the Sentai Gear. Don’t tell me they’re leaving it for the DonBrothers movie or Hurricaneger with DonBrothers??
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:10 pm https://twitter.com/FlippySuper/status/ ... 2687954946

I'd love to get a clean shot of that pic
decade368990 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 pm There is still Hurricaneger left, including the Sentai Gear. Don’t tell me they’re leaving it for the DonBrothers movie or Hurricaneger with DonBrothers??
Someone pointed out that the Hurri one was in the movie
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:43 pm Someone pointed out that the Hurri one was in the movie
That means they’re not using it in the final episode and fill up the missing on the Asahi site??
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's been obvious for a while that, with Inoue at the helm, DonBrothers would have an unconventional finale arc. Still I don't think I was quite prepared for what this episode threw at us. Which is not a complaint (and very much in Inoue's style), just an observation of what's going on.

Above all else, this really feels like an epilogue, doesn't it? There's no big bad to defeat - and there really never was. The apex fight for the series was last week's fight against Sonoshi-Go-Roku, which this week reiterates by having the DonBros' big 3 bruisers immediately drive them off. Even the MOTW fight is closer to an extended lore gag, since Tarou beats not just one, but five copies of the strongest MOTW all on his own. So there are no world-ending stakes to speak of, and with the DonBros able to run off the evil Nouto at will, there's no risk of any humans being sent to the Bad Place anymore.

What that leaves us with then, is two whole episodes to play out the final act in relative peace. That's unprecidented for Super Sentai, where the norm is at most 10 to 15 minutes in the final episode. So it gives Inoue lots of time to wrap up his many (many) plot threads - not that I seriously expect much of that will happen.

Suffice it to say, this is generally not a serious episode. Though it does have its moments, particularly around the Tsubasa Triangle. It turns out Natsumi is a actually a rather lousy girlfriend, which all things considered with Miho being her dream, is somehow not too surprising. Meanwhile I hadn't put this on my series bingo card, but it looks like the resolution to Tsubasa's story is that he and Sononi are going to live life on the run as the Japanese Bonnie and Clyde. And alas, poor Oono Minoru. He was actually behaving himself for once, too...

There were definitely some good gags in this one, though. Sonoi stopping Sononi from sneaking away like a small child was cute. And everyone cheering at the end at Tarou's death absolutely slayed! :lol:

If not for a couple of things this episode set up, this could have very well been the series' finale. There's no real cliffhanger here, so whatever happens in the true finale, it's more or less free to be its own thing.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 pm Let's use the mobile camera for this non action scene
It was definitely an interesting choice. But it did sell the chaotic nature of what was going on.
Man, it's weird seeing Tsuyoshi almost be normal. (But really, what did Miho/Natsumi see in Tsuyoshi?)
I imagine we'll find out for sure in the next episode. But it would seem to be the fact that he's so decidedly mediocre.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:46 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:33 am Man, I'm just not ready for this show to be over.
I'm sure absolutely no one is... Especially Inoue.
*hands Inoue some ice* :lol:
resop2 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:10 pm https://twitter.com/FlippySuper/status/ ... 2687954946

And it's all quite accurate, too. Especially "Otaku Caveman"! :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Man, it's weird seeing Tsuyoshi almost be normal. (But really, what did Miho/Natsumi see in Tsuyoshi?)
I imagine we'll find out for sure in the next episode. But it would seem to be the fact that he's so decidedly mediocre.

Maybe she likes the fact taht Tsuyoshi has a job and isn't a broke thespian like Tsubasa. What? Inoue wrote the woman to be a gold digger? I'm shocked. Shocked!

Although it does add some new wrinkles to their love triangle. Natsumi not wanting to go on the run with Tsubasa is pretty understandable if she has feelings for Tsubasa, who actually allowed her to live her dream as a beautician. But also, Tsubasa is only on the run now because he brought Sononi back to life, the literal other woman. It actually fits together pretty well without being overly tidy

In case you guys wonder what Luna puts up with me:

[21:41] <takenoko> we got to end the series with a don
[21:49] <Lunagel> More like a whimper
[21:50] <takenoko> no inoue's tying all his loose ends, he's a pro
[22:25] <Lunagel> I still want to know what the fuck was up with Jin being in jail all year
[22:26] <takenoko> must b e inoue's friend
[22:26] <takenoko> "I don't have a real role for you, so you can just talk with these guys sometimes"
[22:40] <Lunagel> So if Natsumi retains all her memories of being a Jyuto, does that mean she remembers sexing up Kijino?
[22:40] <takenoko> they don't have sex, tsuyoshi doesn't know how
[22:40] <Lunagel> Also, what was with the "don't say anything for one year about her or you'll regret it"
[22:40] <takenoko> that's clearly her lying to tsubasa becaucse he's a stupid man
[22:41] <Lunagel> That's actually believable
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

As an aside, I noticed there was a rather minor typo in the Anon subs.

4:18: This is an precarious situation...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah whoops. That's pretty easy to do when swapping out words without looking at how it fits in the whole sentence
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:09 am
Maybe she likes the fact taht Tsuyoshi has a job and isn't a broke thespian like Tsubasa. What? Inoue wrote the woman to be a gold digger? I'm shocked. Shocked!
Well, Jyuto Miho did have a couple of rich fanboys in one of the episodes. Now, just because Natsumi, a presumably poor thespian, has fantasies of having money showered on her for minimal effort (acted out by Jyuto Miho) doesn't make her a bad person or a gold digger.

The show does need to explain who "mother" is (unless it is Natsumi's repressed subconscious fantasy life).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh that's right, she totally uses those men, and tells Haruka that's the way to do it
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

decade368990 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:29 pm
takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:43 pm Someone pointed out that the Hurri one was in the movie
That means they’re not using it in the final episode and fill up the missing on the Asahi site??
According to someone who's been tracking the Hitotsuki on the Super Sentai subReddit, we didn't see ones based on Zenkaiger, DonBrothers itself, and, of course Akibaranger.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

SVNBob wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:46 pm
decade368990 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:29 pm

According to someone who's been tracking the Hitotsuki on the Super Sentai subReddit, we didn't see ones based on Zenkaiger, DonBrothers itself, and, of course Akibaranger.
Akibaranger is not official Sentai and not list in mainstream.
The Hitotsuki of KingOhger simple advertised for KingOhger.
Taro already have Zenkaiger gear in the first episode, so it maybe implied that he fight the Zenkaiger Hitotsuki before.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I found it hilarious that the pony despised Sonoshi. It was tolerating Sonoroku but as soon as Sonoshi came close it pulled its head back and started stomping around.

This episode's title was Final Memory. I'm pretty sure that's the reason Kaito lied about the birthday date - to create a memory for Tarou.

Someone on reddit capped screen the preview. They managed to show all 18 major character in those 30 secounds.
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:43 pm I'd love to get a clean shot of that pic
here you go (spoilered because large image)
Spoiler

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”