King-Ohger 01 discussion thread

It's good to be the king
Forum rules

King-Ohger Wiki Link

< DonBros |Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
5%
10%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

King-Ohger 01 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki
Next >

DonBrothers finale rating: A respectable 4.4 of 5 stars (15 votes)
The series had a high of 4.71 with ep 4 the onigiri episode. A series low of 3.29 with ep 32, duel 2, guess people didn't like how meta that ep was.
Viewer average for episodes overall is 4.14/5. Raw data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There's a bug language in this series too? Did Toei hire a linguist or something? I like how the little chracters look like bugs

Hmmm, that's a nice map. 5 rings, like the olympics that never happened

Hmm, language at 118 looks a bit different from that at the beginning. Also, got to love generic European town with only Japanese people and a weird CGI background

Oh hey, it's weirdo ancient Japan. /me breaks his neck trying to read the kanji on the fan. Dude's got rice on his face and kuroko with weird faces on their masks in the bg

Snow kingdom seems not quite as populated as the rest

Did the effect guy forget to include fireworks sounds at 4:27?

Is the blue sidekick that kid from Zi-O?

I can't get over the silly mask Kuroko

I was thinking this when downloading the cast pics, but there sure are a lot of side characters. Hope they are used well in this story

LOL, this red spends his time playing with kids? Will we see this family, that girl, and those kids again?

There it is, Toei's CGI circle room

/me cranes his head to look at the ?clocks in the bacgkround

Wait, are there two reds? What's going on

hahahaha. Oh no, it's attack on titans. Everyone is going to make this joke

Efficient transformation

You guys didn't pick up on this giant army approaching till they reached the gates? Maybe blue should be in charge

The grunts bleed in this sentai

The red king here ain't no Palpatine

Speech is the slightest bit cringe, but this BGM is good

Wait, how many things does he have to fuck with to transform?

Wow, that cockpit thing lowering... that's... something

Ooh, king-ohger theme too. Wow, this nobody has become a titan on his first try

Just realized blue's headphones have got the cat ears

Red, maybe try to lower the collateral damage, not add to it

Okay, I think I hate this cockpit. Seeing the sword on the robo arm is pretty dumb

For the first episode, I'm intrigued! I had no idea red was a nobody who wants to be king rather than someone who starts as a king. The world building is acceptable. It's certainly better than Ryusoulger and it's one village of discardable forgettables. Or maybe they all died in the first attack? Don't remember since they never show up again

While solid for a first episode, I'm a little worried about the size of the extended cast being too unwieldy storywise. I mean, we basically know nothing about the named villains (besides king red being a secondary villain force?) I see the girl and the boy are listed in the character list, so they'll be around

So is Kira, I mean Gira the actual king? Pauper and king swapped at birth? Secret brothers? Royal family was ousted by the current villains?

One other downside to a packed first episode is we also know barely anything about purple and blue, and just the barest of character traits for blue and yellow. But that can be addressed with the fullness of time

Not the trashfire that I thought it'd be 4/5 crowns

Edit:
Stray observation, bee/black's kingdom symbol is a komon kamon

Meanwhile, the bad guy's logo is one of the most confusing clusterfucks I've ever seen. Did an AI generate this? WTF:
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: King-Ohger 01 released

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Your lack of knowledge about the info that was revealed after the press con and before this episode premiered surprises me, takenoko.😅 Some of the things you questioned is actually answered with the character bios and synopsis.
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 pm Efficient transformation
Yeah, that's the shortened version of it. See if you change your mind after this.
https://youtu.be/dl24DJompqU
I would say Red's transformation sequence is long, but compared to black and yellow, it's decent.

Loved the episode. It was a pretty decent first episode. The world setting and building was impressive. Let's hope for a good season this year.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

When henshin-ing, the rangers are all encased in a jewel-like cage thing. Didn't realize until it was pointed out to me that it's supposed to be amber, a nice touch
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:23 am Your lack of knowledge about the info that was revealed after the press con and before this episode premiered surprises me, takenoko.😅 Some of the things you questioned is actually answered with the character bios and synopsis.
I don't spoil myself on things I know I'll watch. Like I don't watch movie trailers for instance, that's why we don't tend to sub those
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:35 am When henshin-ing, the rangers are all encased in a jewel-like cage thing. Didn't realize until it was pointed out to me that it's supposed to be amber, a nice touch
Oooh! Surprised it wasn't a cocoon
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: King-Ohger 01 discussion thread

Post by Aeikozz »

Like, I think i'll probably be taking this one off although i'll watch this first 3 eps to give it the good ole 3 strike system, it certainly earned it's first strike with this episode.

why are we going down this road again? didn't we just do this with Ryusolger? AND Saber?

Is the midevil times really that intresting? I'm not feeling the hidden royalty thing we got going on with this first episode.

the Mecha look cool as fuck but that's about it. I can watch that one youtuber for the toys.

It's just man... this episode was soo lame. i hope it picks up quick. i don't have hopes though.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

The problem I have when watched this episode is the acting skill of Red. Look like he doesn't understand his character and just copy Luffy from anime One Piece to shout the dialogue. Not feel anything good about his character.

Spoiler
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

See, Donbrothers hasn't ended! We even had a MATSURI DA MATSURI DA at the start!

That was fine. A bit too Red focused, but I guess we were spoiled last year with episode 1 being a Haruka focus. Seems like next week is a Blue episode, so I'm guessing 1-5 are gonna be intros to all of the cast.

Yellow is my favourite for 2 years in a row.

God it's nice seeing proper mecha fights again after those CGI messes we've had for the last 2 years.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 pm
Red, maybe try to lower the collateral damage, not add to it
Lol. I thought of the same thing. I get it that you want to be a tyrant king because the real king sucks and you want to take care of the civilians but you're destroying their houses! Keep the damage within the castle compound!
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 pm
So is Kira, I mean Gira the actual king? Pauper and king swapped at birth? Secret brothers? Royal family was ousted by the current villains?
I too am intrigue with this. Will they go with a hidden bloodline thing route or the a true king is not based on bloodline but his resolution type of thing.
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:14 am
God it's nice seeing proper mecha fights again after those CGI messes we've had for the last 2 years.
I guess me skipping the last two series of sentai wasnt a bad decision. lol.

Yeah. Amber fit the royalty + bug theme better. If they did cocoon that'll be just lazy which shows some effort from the writers?

Overall, an okay introductory episode. Got some idea of each sentai's personality, some politics, and
Spoiler
someone died
which is always interesting when it happens in the first episode. Not great because I don't get how some of the normal bad guy army can suddenly grow so big. So random. And the appearance of the mecha suddenly make the small army battle obsolete. At least show some scene of the mecha kicking the army around or pushing it away from the border. I don't know but it feels neglected.
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
Rider Cure Man
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Favorite Band: Sub-Radio
My boom: Resident Evil
Quote: "Now, Count Your Sins"

Post by Rider Cure Man »

I liked the outfits everyone's wearing especially Kaguragi and Yanma

Gust looks a older Gentarou maybe that's just the pompadour talking

Gira is appears to be shaking to be like Sougo, Gira has a lot more charm so far

Let's just hope he doesn't constantly reiterate how's he gonna rule the world

Really like how the Kingdoms look both the outside and interiors especially the interiors the CG looks a lot better than Donbros and Saber

Mecha control is the most practical controls I've seen and I'm liking them a lot

I always love a practica mecha fight, now it's finally back to being on an actual set instead of the Ultraman Z transformation room
Last edited by Rider Cure Man on Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Please return that button to God'' - Keisuke Nago
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

I'd read this plot before. Looks like they're taking a page from their brothers from the webnovel division.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Well that was... different.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I just cannot get over how weird the world building here is. Somehow the tiny ruling elite have technology that allows them to have flying machines but the peasants have no machines at all?

And, I though Saber was too similar visually to a video game. Was this episode created by AI?

Monkey D. Luffy sure had an easy time getting an audience with the King and then stealing his sword. Did the king not have more security because he just had mass layoffs because he didn't understand what his employees did? And, Luffy didn't have any problems figuring out how to activate the sword's magic.

You have collateral, you have have damage. Push them together and uh, you have this episode.

Two strikes to go.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Uh-oh, we've got a chuuni on our hands!
I'm not sure if it's just a kind of character kids like thing of if they're actually experimenting and trying out various ways of making red somewhat annoying with every other season

Also, did they just lampshade Giro getting into the castle..? Like, they've asked "how did you get here", but never do we learn how did he get there
He just kinda walked into a throne room of a king who should probably want some tight security given the taxation scene, him being an egomaniac and just out of common sense. (even disregarding the fact it would probably take considerable time to get from a busy street that's currently under attack by giant monsters to the center of the castle that stands tall above the rest of the town)

Love the more anime mecha-syle gattai!

Anyone else is getting kyuranger vibes? A bunch of CGI and an odd first episode.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

No one's talking about how their world (planet?) is literally called Chikyū? I mean, is it supposed to be Earth or not?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:41 am No one's talking about how their world (planet?) is literally called Chikyū? I mean, is it supposed to be Earth or not?
I feel like this is going to be a the future is actually the past scenario. We're probably looking at a pangaea before it becomes the earth we know today

Honestly, I think it's pretty silly to name it Chikyuu, the Japanese word for "Earth", and have the only difference being that it's written in katakana. Feels less clever than a lack of imagination

Return to “Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger”