Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Geats 26 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

darkmage02 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:33 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 am Huh, now I want to go in the complete opposite direction. If Plant Tooru has his memories and knowledge, is he really that different from the original? Yeah, it's like that black mirror episode, except the guy has perfect memory of the original, so it's not like there would be little mistakes to remind you that it's a fake/replacement
I feel like this is a setup to the question of how different is the Jamato from actual humans since like you said, they retain all of their human counterpart's memories? What makes human, human and how is Jamato any different? But knowing Toei, they might just set this up only to never really answer it in the end.
I feel like Toei agrees with Buffa and just thinks of these as monsters (which might be fair, since the Worms in Kabuto had the memories but were totally separate entities on their own). High doubt that they'd bring up ship of theseus here (which might be a good thing, since it's so overplayed)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 am

I feel like this is a setup to the question of how different is the Jamato from actual humans since like you said, they retain all of their human counterpart's memories? What makes human, human and how is Jamato any different? But knowing Toei, they might just set this up only to never really answer it in the end.
I feel like Toei agrees with Buffa and just thinks of these as monsters (which might be fair, since the Worms in Kabuto had the memories but were totally separate entities on their own). High doubt that they'd bring up ship of theseus here (which might be a good thing, since it's so overplayed)
If nothing else, Tooru was trying to save the world as part of the DGP. Meanwhile Plant Tooru was trying to end it. He may have Tooru's memories, but without his heart, he ain't nothing but a cheap copy.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 am

Phantoms all seemed to retain their Gates' memories too. Although again, those guys are totally separate people who have basically taken over their bodies.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Really liked the anime-sque effects, gotta say! They should do those more often, it can't be more expensive than the usual CGI

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 am I feel like Toei agrees with Buffa and just thinks of these as monsters (which might be fair, since the Worms in Kabuto had the memories but were totally separate entities on their own). High doubt that they'd bring up ship of theseus here (which might be a good thing, since it's so overplayed)
To be fair, Kabuto did have Sasword and I think Tendou's sorta-sister also? (it's been a while, but I do remember people being worms without realizing it)
They did explore that topic a bit, so maybe we'll see something similar here as well.

Anyone knows what did the Knigh jamato said in jamato-speak at the end there? Like, it could be "I trusted you..." but maybe something like "damn, you got me there"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mikadius wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:54 pm Anyone knows what did the Knigh jamato said in jamato-speak at the end there? Like, it could be "I trusted you..." but maybe something like "damn, you got me there"
Roezerabibiteu (ロエゼラビビテウ). Checked https://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E3%82%B8%E3%83 ... 8%E8%AA%9E

That'd be Ma-chi-ya-ga-re which translates to "Stop!" or "Wait!"
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:28 pm Roezerabibiteu (ロエゼラビビテウ). Checked https://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E3%82%B8%E3%83 ... 8%E8%AA%9E

That'd be Ma-chi-ya-ga-re which translates to "Stop!" or "Wait!"
Thanks!

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”